Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

SERVICE - warranty and oil change

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 09:45 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have some problems with my BMW. Dead LCD, Bluetooth is not working,.... Now it is time to change oil...second service interval. The dealer said, he need two days for replacindg LCD, new cIP upgrade, change of stearing wheeel, oil change and inspection of the car), and i'm not able to get a spare car for free for the time of service. First of all he said, that BMW AG doesn't pay for the spare car.... First time when I have problems with brakes, they changed and they gave me BMW320d. Second time on service they gave me BMW118i now they are offering me a ford fiesta 10 years old???

So what do you think about this. Is it my faoult that I have a BMW which has so many errors???

I have to say that for a spare part I'm waiting almoust two months. The car is in warranty!!!!

I'm wondering if some of you got the car for free or not???
Do anyone have such a bad expirience???

Any one has an idea what to do???

On the other hand the guy is very polite, and what he said is having a place. He was right every time...about the car.....

but I'm thking I'm a guy who bought a BMW series 5 not a guy who bought a cheap KIA or something alike???

NICE DAY
Old 01-24-2006, 10:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545iS 6 spd, bought new via eBay, 11/05; Blk/Gry, Cold, L7, PDC, BMW Rear seatcover for pets. First "Bumwa" was a new 1971 2002. High performance 5s since 1987. Beamer motorcycles too, currently on an 07 BMW K1200 GT; also a Moto Guzzi 1000 SP III.

The loaner issue, in the US, is pretty much up to the dealer's sole discretion. If you get the car serviced at a dealer other than where you bought it, it's usually typical that they will only give you a loaner (always a rental, not a BMW) if BMWNA is paying for it. Even if you bought it there, many won't give you a BMW for one overnight (just a rental).

In sum, he may be short of loaner cars, and/or maybe figures that the 3-hour (optional) update is what is pushing your stay overnight, and they don't like to do those "for free" so he is compensating by giving you just basic transportation.

Just don't know, but be glad he's giving you something to drive.

Cheers,
Ray Hull
Old 01-24-2006, 10:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 520i, mystic blue, steptronic, beige leather, pdc, bluetooth, rain sensor, BMW sport kit fitted, 18" 166 rep BMW rims , de-badged, cherished reg. chrome grill,

Originally Posted by satelit' post='228868' date='Jan 24 2006, 06:45 PM
I have some problems with my BMW. Dead LCD, Bluetooth is not working,.... Now it is time to change oil...second service interval. The dealer said, he need two days for replacindg LCD, new cIP upgrade, change of stearing wheeel, oil change and inspection of the car), and i'm not able to get a spare car for free for the time of service. First of all he said, that BMW AG doesn't pay for the spare car.... First time when I have problems with brakes, they changed and they gave me BMW320d. Second time on service they gave me BMW118i now they are offering me a ford fiesta 10 years old???

So what do you think about this. Is it my faoult that I have a BMW which has so many errors???

I have to say that for a spare part I'm waiting almoust two months. The car is in warranty!!!!

I'm wondering if some of you got the car for free or not???
Do anyone have such a bad expirience???

Any one has an idea what to do???

On the other hand the guy is very polite, and what he said is having a place. He was right every time...about the car.....

but I'm thking I'm a guy who bought a BMW series 5 not a guy who bought a cheap KIA or something alike???

NICE DAY
If he is a BMW dealer then he is obliged to supply you with a replacment veh if one is available, my dealer always has problems with this so I book mine in when he has a replacment if he doesn't he offers to take me where i want to go and collect me when the car is ready he has a number of staff solely employed for this purpose. I would contact BMW customer service and ask them I'm sure he is wrong
Old 01-24-2006, 11:50 AM
Senior Members

Where does it say that BMW absolutely MUST provide you with loaner while your car is under warranty repairs? Huh? I have not seen this, so why are you complaining?
Old 01-25-2006, 08:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530xi. Deep green with beige interior. 6 speed manual. Premium package.

My dealer is the best. When your car needs serive they come and get it and leave you a loaner - call you when the car is done and then bring your car back.