Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

ride went to dealer for service today...

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 06:29 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

this is the second time i had to bring the car in for service. a week ago, the first time, they took care of the minor things but i needed to return for a blower motor replacement. ive also had a vibration at an idle for some time now. the first time i left the car at the dealer they "couldnt replicate the problem" and left it the same way as i dropped it off, vibrating. this time i had the service rep come to the car to show him what i was talking about. i recieved a call later this afternoon that the service manager has come across this problem before and they will try some things tomorrow morning.

now for my question, the first time i dropped the car off they ran out of loaners and i drove home in an 07 nissan sentra. this time they gave me an 09 528xi, sport package, logic 7, ipod interface...do they normally give brand new cars as loaners? ive never brought a car in for dealer service before this car because my dad is a mechanic and i wouldnt trust my ride with anyone else but family. my dad recently retired so ive had to suck it up and hand the keys to a non family member. so anyway do they normally give brand new cars with less than 1k miles as loaners?

btw, the new shifter and idrive control are awesome...i missed my navi though
Old 02-10-2009, 06:46 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by pgetsch' post='790001' date='Feb 10 2009, 08:29 PM
this is the second time i had to bring the car in for service. a week ago, the first time, they took care of the minor things but i needed to return for a blower motor replacement. ive also had a vibration at an idle for some time now. the first time i left the car at the dealer they "couldnt replicate the problem" and left it the same way as i dropped it off, vibrating. this time i had the service rep come to the car to show him what i was talking about. i recieved a call later this afternoon that the service manager has come across this problem before and they will try some things tomorrow morning.

now for my question, the first time i dropped the car off they ran out of loaners and i drove home in an 07 nissan sentra. this time they gave me an 09 528xi, sport package, logic 7, ipod interface...do they normally give brand new cars as loaners? ive never brought a car in for dealer service before this car because my dad is a mechanic and i wouldnt trust my ride with anyone else but family. my dad recently retired so ive had to suck it up and hand the keys to a non family member. so anyway do they normally give brand new cars with less than 1k miles as loaners?

btw, the new shifter and idrive control are awesome...i missed my navi though
Thats the norm, at least to all the BMW services I have been to. Under 1k is rare but they usually keep the loaners up to 7 or 10k. Thats just one of the perks of owning a BMW!
Old 02-10-2009, 06:50 PM
Banned

My Ride: A Car

yeah pete, usually 08 and 09 cars then sell them as demos
Old 02-10-2009, 07:10 PM
Contributors

interesting...after i drove home in that sentra last time i didnt know what to expect today