Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Picked up my brand new 545i

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 08:47 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by BlueRocket' date='Mar 1 2005, 09:38 PM
It was a bullseye as far as orbital parameters are concerned. We've been stuck here at the launch site for 12 days and have just left for homeport in Long Beach. I'll get home in time to pay for the car, (salesman was cool, said a few days late was no problem), and then off to Munich on the 21st. Pickup on the 24th. I'm getting excited, but boy has the price of excitement gone up over the years.
[snapback]95914[/snapback]
[/quote]

Awesome! Whens it (you) arriving back in LB?
Old 03-02-2005, 03:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by BlueRocket' date='Mar 1 2005, 11:38 PM
[quote name='Guest' date='Mar 2 2005, 01:35 AM'][quote name='EBMCS03' date='Mar 1 2005, 03:32 PM'][quote name='BlueRocket' date='Feb 19 2005, 06:50 PM'] Congratulations on the new car!? That color combination looks real clean, the beige interior brightens the grey exterior IMHO.? Looking forward to doing an ED on March 24 for my own 545i and experiencing the smile thing too.

For anyone who is interested, right now I'm on a 660 foot boat in the Pacific Ocean on the equator below Hawaii, preparing to launch a rocket.? (see sea-launch.com).
We're launching the next XM satellite in the next few days.? How come BMW doesn't offer XM??? Hope this doesn't interfere with paying for my ED car 15 days prior to delivery!!!!!!
[snapback]92278[/snapback]
CONGRATS sounds like you guys did well...

"A Sea Launch Zenit-3SL rocket lifted off at 7:51 p.m. Pacific time Monday from the Odyssey Launch Platform at 154 degrees west longitude. All systems performed nominally throughout the flight."
[snapback]95712[/snapback]

It was a bullseye as far as orbital parameters are concerned. We've been stuck here at the launch site for 12 days and have just left for homeport in Long Beach. I'll get home in time to pay for the car, (salesman was cool, said a few days late was no problem), and then off to Munich on the 21st. Pickup on the 24th. I'm getting excited, but boy has the price of excitement gone up over the years.
[/quote]
[/quote]

Sorry, that was me, forgot to log in.
[snapback]95918[/snapback]
[/quote]

I followed the progress (scrubs and all through launch) on spaceflightnow.com. Good show. Always like to see those successful orbital insertions. My next attempt is a modified GPS IIR-M in May.

Here is a quote from part of the story:

More than 3.2 million subscribers listen to XM, which debuted in November 2001, making it the leading satellite radio service in the U.S.
"XM's growth to date demonstrates that the potential for satellite radio is far greater than anyone anticipated," said Hugh Panero, XM's president and CEO.
Earlier Monday, the company announced a rate hike, increasing the monthly fee from $9.99 to $12.95 beginning April 2.
"This new pricing approach will help fund future technology development, enable us to offer more attractively-priced radios and maintain our programming excellence. Together, these initiatives should result in XM exceeding its current target of 20 million customers by 2010," Panero said

I suppose Sirius cannot be far behind

But anyway glad you made it through the rough weather and all and lit the fuse
Old 03-03-2005, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by cobradav' date='Mar 2 2005, 07:10 AM
[quote name='BlueRocket' date='Mar 1 2005, 11:38 PM'] [quote name='Guest' date='Mar 2 2005, 01:35 AM'][quote name='EBMCS03' date='Mar 1 2005, 03:32 PM'][quote name='BlueRocket' date='Feb 19 2005, 06:50 PM'] Congratulations on the new car!? That color combination looks real clean, the beige interior brightens the grey exterior IMHO.? Looking forward to doing an ED on March 24 for my own 545i and experiencing the smile thing too.

For anyone who is interested, right now I'm on a 660 foot boat in the Pacific Ocean on the equator below Hawaii, preparing to launch a rocket.? (see sea-launch.com).
We're launching the next XM satellite in the next few days.? How come BMW doesn't offer XM??? Hope this doesn't interfere with paying for my ED car 15 days prior to delivery!!!!!!
CONGRATS sounds like you guys did well...

"A Sea Launch Zenit-3SL rocket lifted off at 7:51 p.m. Pacific time Monday from the Odyssey Launch Platform at 154 degrees west longitude. All systems performed nominally throughout the flight."
[snapback]95712[/snapback]

[/quote]
[/quote]

Sorry, that was me, forgot to log in.
[snapback]95918[/snapback]
[/quote]

I followed the progress (scrubs and all through launch) on spaceflightnow.com. Good show. Always like to see those successful orbital insertions. My next attempt is a modified GPS IIR-M in May.

Here is a quote from part of the story:

More than 3.2 million subscribers listen to XM, which debuted in November 2001, making it the leading satellite radio service in the U.S.
"XM's growth to date demonstrates that the potential for satellite radio is far greater than anyone anticipated," said Hugh Panero, XM's president and CEO.
Earlier Monday, the company announced a rate hike, increasing the monthly fee from $9.99 to $12.95 beginning April 2.
"This new pricing approach will help fund future technology development, enable us to offer more attractively-priced radios and maintain our programming excellence. Together, these initiatives should result in XM exceeding its current target of 20 million customers by 2010," Panero said

I suppose Sirius cannot be far behind

But anyway glad you made it through the rough weather and all and lit the fuse
[snapback]95973[/snapback]
[/quote]

Thanks, I think the weather is getting rough on us on our way back to Long Beach. My chair in front of the terminal is sliding around quite a bit. Got interrupted while reading the forum to have another life boat drill.
"GET ME OUTTA HERE!" Due to arrive in Long Beach about 3/9. Add 15 days and I'll be on the autobahn!
Old 03-03-2005, 09:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i, Jet Black, Black Dakota Leather, Poplar Wood, Steptronic Transmission, Premium Package, Xenon Lights.

Congratulations, great car!
Old 03-03-2005, 04:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Mar 3 2005, 10:03 AM
Thanks, I think the weather is getting rough on us on our way back to Long Beach.? My chair in front of the terminal is sliding around quite a bit.? Got interrupted while reading the forum to have another life boat drill.?
"GET ME OUTTA HERE!"? Due to arrive in Long Beach about 3/9.? Add 15 days and I'll be on the autobahn!?
[snapback]96653[/snapback]
Haha ya... it rained pretty hard yesterday afternoon in Long Beach... so that storm must have just passed you... either that or the NEXT one to hit shore is passing you now. 3/9 + 15 days!!! CONGRATS!
Old 08-05-2005, 08:04 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by BlueRocket' date='Feb 20 2005, 11:50 AM
[quote name='EBMCS03' date='Feb 20 2005, 04:37 AM'][quote name='BlueRocket' date='Feb 19 2005, 06:50 PM']For anyone who is interested, right now I'm on a 660 foot boat in the Pacific Ocean on the equator below Hawaii, preparing to launch a rocket.? (see sea-launch.com).

HEY!!! COOL!!!! I'm very intereseted... partly because I work for basically the same company... Do you know Kelly Coen former kinda big guy of Sea-Launch.
[snapback]92316[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'm an FAA employee, overseeing the launch for this mission, which is licensed via the FAA Commercial Space Transportation division. I'm sitting in the launch control room now, and the fellow sitting next to me, who is a Sea Launch employee said that Kelly Coen doesn't work here anymore.
[snapback]92462[/snapback]
[/quote]

HEY where did blue rocket go??? Didnt hear from you after the launch... anyone see the National Geographic Special on Mega Structures Sea Launch?? It premiered Weds at 9p.m.
Old 08-12-2005, 05:57 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 550i, Alpine White, Beige Ltr, Sport Pkg, Cold Weather Pkg, Premium Sound, Active Steering, Comfort Access, Steptronic, Nav, Satellite Radio, Split Fold Rear Seats, V1

Thanx for the post, your car is fabulous. I did a SD in Sweden picking up my Volvo in the winter. Weather asside, outstanding experience. I just placed my ED order for a 550 and had a few questions...

Break in: I would love to test the high speed limiter on the car. What is the break in recommendation for speed, rpm, miles, etc. ?

Nav Sys: Do I have to purchase the European DVD and if so, do members ever share their DVDs to save repurchasing this over and over?

Hotel Recommendations: Any feedback and +/- or recommended hotels?

Octoberfest: I plan to hoist a brew during Octoberfest. Any advice on navigating Munich during this festival?

Side Trips: Any thoughts on Zurich, Innsbruck, other day trips?

Thanx for sharing any experiences!

Originally Posted by uwsc11' date='Feb 19 2005, 01:13 AM
Attachment 5257

Folks,

Just wanted to give a quick update on my European Delivery expirience. Last month I went to Munich and picked up my brand new 545i. What can I say?
? ? ? ? ? ?
They had to surgically remove the smile from my face.
It was such an awsome trip.
First I have to say. Visiting Germany in the middle of winter is not the best time.? But since they had a special offer and incl. 2 free plane tickets I took advantage of the opportunity. The weather was OK. It rained a lot. Only a little bit of snow. The Autobahn was free so that I was able to drive my car. It comes only with summer tires and I wouldn't have taken any risk if it had totally snowed. We actually had a few minutes of blue sky and sun. Taking the car on the Autobahn where it was meant to be driven was both fun and difficult at the same time. Fun, because you can drive fast!? Difficult, because you can't go fast enough since the car is brand new and needs to be broken-in. I only went to about 4-4.5K/RPM, which they recommended. Nevertheless I can say the car handles amazingly. It feels extremelly solid at higher speeds and the wind noise is minimal.

It was sad to drop the car off at the end of the trip, knowing that it would take 6-8 weeks before I will get it back. Those 6-8 weeks are very difficult. I've been to the dealer a number of times to check out the cars, order parts, etc.? Hopefully I only have to wait for another 3 weeks before I will be reunited with my car.

I have a few pictures in the gallery that you can check out if you are up to it.
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=module...album&album=162
[snapback]92036[/snapback]
Old 08-19-2005, 03:01 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by MidnightRider' date='Aug 12 2005, 06:57 PM
Thanx for the post, your car is fabulous.? I did a SD in Sweden picking up my Volvo in the winter.? Weather asside, outstanding experience.? I just placed my ED order for a 550 and had a few questions...

Break in:? I would love to test the high speed limiter on the car.? What is the break in recommendation for speed, rpm, miles, etc. ?

Nav Sys:? Do I have to purchase the European DVD and if so, do members ever share their DVDs to save repurchasing this over and over?

Hotel Recommendations:? Any feedback and +/- or recommended hotels?

Octoberfest:? I plan to hoist a brew during Octoberfest.? Any advice on navigating Munich during this festival?

Side Trips:? Any thoughts on Zurich, Innsbruck, other day trips?

Thanx for sharing any experiences!

[quote name='uwsc11' date='Feb 19 2005, 01:13 AM']Attachment 5257

Folks,

Just wanted to give a quick update on my European Delivery expirience. Last month I went to Munich and picked up my brand new 545i. What can I say?
? ? ? ? ? ?
They had to surgically remove the smile from my face.
It was such an awsome trip.
First I have to say. Visiting Germany in the middle of winter is not the best time.? But since they had a special offer and incl. 2 free plane tickets I took advantage of the opportunity. The weather was OK. It rained a lot. Only a little bit of snow. The Autobahn was free so that I was able to drive my car. It comes only with summer tires and I wouldn't have taken any risk if it had totally snowed. We actually had a few minutes of blue sky and sun. Taking the car on the Autobahn where it was meant to be driven was both fun and difficult at the same time. Fun, because you can drive fast!? Difficult, because you can't go fast enough since the car is brand new and needs to be broken-in. I only went to about 4-4.5K/RPM, which they recommended. Nevertheless I can say the car handles amazingly. It feels extremelly solid at higher speeds and the wind noise is minimal.

It was sad to drop the car off at the end of the trip, knowing that it would take 6-8 weeks before I will get it back. Those 6-8 weeks are very difficult. I've been to the dealer a number of times to check out the cars, order parts, etc.? Hopefully I only have to wait for another 3 weeks before I will be reunited with my car.

I have a few pictures in the gallery that you can check out if you are up to it.
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=module...album&album=162
[snapback]92036[/snapback]

[snapback]158818[/snapback]
[/quote]

Congratulations on the order of a 550i. Great choice!
The break-in recommendations should be followed. Keep it under 4500RPM. With that you can still take the car up to 125-130mph in 6th gear.

Oktoberfest is a great time to go to pick up your car. But it will be crazy. Hotels will be hard to come by. Might already all be gone. You need to check ASAP if that's what you want to do.

I stayed at the Marriott in the north part of town, which was only 2-3 stops away from the BMW delivery center, by train. (S-Bahn).

Good luck in finding a place to stay!
Old 08-20-2005, 07:18 AM
Contributors

My Ride: #1: 2004 545i; 6-speed manual; Sport Package; Mystic Blue with a gray leather interior and Anthracite wood; CWP; Logic 7. #2: 2010 535xi Touring; Automatic.

I wouldn't bother with Zurich from Munich. It's quite a way, and it's just a city. Relatively boring. I go there for business all the time, and the view over the lake is nice, given that I have to be sitting in a conference room somewhere; but the city traffic isn't worth it on vacation. If you want a cute, littler Swiss city, go to Luzern, or if a little town then go to Interlaken.

Drive early morning down to Garmisch-Partenkirchen, drive out east to Salzburg, hit Berchtesgaden and rent a rowboat to go out onto the Konigsee just outside town. Great scenery. The Neuschwanstein castle is an amazing location, but the traffic is horrible.

Once you're past the run-in period, I think the autobahn Munich-Nurnberg still has some unlimited speed sections (and it's nice and straight and wide), as well as the Munich-Garmisch stretch.

At the Oktoberfest, if there's any way you have connections to get reservations at one of the nicer tents (the Kafer tent?), you are more likely to see actual Bavarians having fun rather than just buses of American college students. Not that we Americans aren't fun, but I like the fact that lots of Bavarians are totally devoted to the Oktoberfest. It isn't 100% for tourists.
Have a great time.