Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Picked up my brand new 545i

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2005, 09:45 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by reefbrake' date='Feb 19 2005, 10:59 PM
The color combination.. silver grey and beige... is the one I am leaning towards as I "stress" through the research.? What drew you to the beige?? I assume you are satisfied with your choice.? The black interior is perhaps better coordinated, but the beige just looks so elegant.

BTW, thanks for the posts and information from all of the members.? I feel more informed each day after checking back in this forum.
[snapback]92309[/snapback]
I really liked the silver grey for the exterior. The titanium silver was too light for my taste and the titanium grey was too dark. Silver Grey was just perfect. I have beige interior in my current car and really liked it. I didn't want to get the grey leather interior as I thought it was too much like the exterior. The black leather just gets too hot in the summer. But of course, this is all about personal preferences.
Old 02-20-2005, 09:50 AM
Members

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Feb 20 2005, 04:37 AM
[quote name='BlueRocket' date='Feb 19 2005, 06:50 PM']For anyone who is interested, right now I'm on a 660 foot boat in the Pacific Ocean on the equator below Hawaii, preparing to launch a rocket.? (see sea-launch.com).
We're launching the next XM satellite in the next few days.? How come BMW doesn't offer XM??? Hope this doesn't interfere with paying for my ED car 15 days prior to delivery!!!!!!
[snapback]92278[/snapback]

HEY!!! COOL!!!! I'm very intereseted... partly because I work for basically the same company... Do you know Kelly Coen former kinda big guy of Sea-Launch.
[snapback]92316[/snapback]
[/quote]

I'm an FAA employee, overseeing the launch for this mission, which is licensed via the FAA Commercial Space Transportation division. I'm sitting in the launch control room now, and the fellow sitting next to me, who is a Sea Launch employee said that Kelly Coen doesn't work here anymore.
Old 02-20-2005, 11:20 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by BlueRocket' date='Feb 20 2005, 10:50 AM
I'm an FAA employee, overseeing the launch for this mission, which is licensed via the FAA Commercial Space Transportation division.? I'm sitting in the launch control room now, and the fellow sitting next to me, who is a Sea Launch employee said that Kelly Coen doesn't work here anymore.
[snapback]92462[/snapback]
Ahhh IC IC. Ya I Know Mr. Coen doesnt work ther anymore... he's switched over to GMD. I'm sure I'll hear about you guys on the Morning news soon. Hurry come back and enjoy the 5!
Old 02-26-2005, 08:14 PM
Senior Members

congrats, uwsc11 ! nice car and pics . now which one is you? both guys have the same smile .

welcome aboard, reefbrake !
Old 03-01-2005, 11:32 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by BlueRocket' date='Feb 19 2005, 06:50 PM
Congratulations on the new car!? That color combination looks real clean, the beige interior brightens the grey exterior IMHO.? Looking forward to doing an ED on March 24 for my own 545i and experiencing the smile thing too.

For anyone who is interested, right now I'm on a 660 foot boat in the Pacific Ocean on the equator below Hawaii, preparing to launch a rocket.? (see sea-launch.com).
We're launching the next XM satellite in the next few days.? How come BMW doesn't offer XM??? Hope this doesn't interfere with paying for my ED car 15 days prior to delivery!!!!!!
CONGRATS sounds like you guys did well...

"A Sea Launch Zenit-3SL rocket lifted off at 7:51 p.m. Pacific time Monday from the Odyssey Launch Platform at 154 degrees west longitude. All systems performed nominally throughout the flight."
Old 03-01-2005, 12:23 PM
Members

My Ride: 05 545i, Jet Black, Black Leather, Black Anthracite. Sport Pkg, HUD, NAV, 20-way Comfort Seats, Prem Snd Pkg Logic7, Htd Rear Seats, Rear side impact, Cold Weather Pkg, Fold Down Rear Seat/Ski bag, Soon 2B chromed rims. Picked up in Munich, Drove it to Prague, Vienna, Salburg & Bremerhaven. Put on 1300 miles. Enjoyed driving it 140mph on Autobahn (4,400 rpm).

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Mar 1 2005, 03:32 PM
[

"A Sea Launch Zenit-3SL rocket lifted off at 7:51 p.m. Pacific time Monday from the Odyssey Launch Platform at 154 degrees west longitude. All systems performed nominally throughout the flight."
[snapback]95712[/snapback]
[/quote]

My 545i launched out of my garage this morning at 10:15am Pac. time....it performed beautifully. :winkcool:

SveaRike

ps. Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
Old 03-01-2005, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by SveaRike' date='Mar 1 2005, 10:23 PM
[quote name='EBMCS03' date='Mar 1 2005, 03:32 PM']

My 545i launched out of my garage this morning at 10:15am Pac. time....it performed beautifully. :winkcool:

SveaRike

ps. Sorry, I couldn't help myself.
[snapback]95728[/snapback]
[/quote]

And what did you said when the car launched out of the garage?

"The king has left the building"...
Old 03-01-2005, 04:50 PM
Contributors

HAHAHHAHA
Old 03-01-2005, 08:35 PM

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Mar 1 2005, 03:32 PM
[quote name='BlueRocket' date='Feb 19 2005, 06:50 PM'] Congratulations on the new car!? That color combination looks real clean, the beige interior brightens the grey exterior IMHO.? Looking forward to doing an ED on March 24 for my own 545i and experiencing the smile thing too.

For anyone who is interested, right now I'm on a 660 foot boat in the Pacific Ocean on the equator below Hawaii, preparing to launch a rocket.? (see sea-launch.com).

It was a bullseye as far as orbital parameters are concerned. We've been stuck here at the launch site for 12 days and have just left for homeport in Long Beach. I'll get home in time to pay for the car, (salesman was cool, said a few days late was no problem), and then off to Munich on the 21st. Pickup on the 24th. I'm getting excited, but boy has the price of excitement gone up over the years.
[/quote]
Old 03-01-2005, 08:38 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Mar 2 2005, 01:35 AM
[quote name='EBMCS03' date='Mar 1 2005, 03:32 PM'][quote name='BlueRocket' date='Feb 19 2005, 06:50 PM'] Congratulations on the new car!? That color combination looks real clean, the beige interior brightens the grey exterior IMHO.? Looking forward to doing an ED on March 24 for my own 545i and experiencing the smile thing too.

It was a bullseye as far as orbital parameters are concerned. We've been stuck here at the launch site for 12 days and have just left for homeport in Long Beach. I'll get home in time to pay for the car, (salesman was cool, said a few days late was no problem), and then off to Munich on the 21st. Pickup on the 24th. I'm getting excited, but boy has the price of excitement gone up over the years.
[/quote]
[snapback]95914[/snapback]
[/quote]

Sorry, that was me, forgot to log in.

Quick Reply: Picked up my brand new 545i