Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Ordering my E60 Tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2004, 03:30 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Collected Sept 2009 - BMW E90 M3, Silverstone II, Novillo Black leather, 19" M Double-Spoke alloys, High Beam Assist, Electronic Damper Control, Voice Control, PDC, USB, DAB, High Gloss Shadowline, Sliding armrest, Trim Finishing in aluminium grey.

Originally Posted by Wart' date='Dec 12 2004, 04:19 AM
I've gotten the impression that a lot of the dealers don't even know exactly what options I can order. I don't want to miss anything and regret it later. Help appreciated.

I know I am ordering the SMG so I'll get sport package. Do I get a choice of tyres? (Spelled in ENGLISH ) .

I am also ordering:

NAV, PDC, adaptive cruise, active steering, side airbags, zenon, comfort seats, folding rear seats, Logic 7, Leather/wood selector lever.

What do you think @ the rear spoiler? I haven't seen it on pics anywhere to make a decision on it. Only seen the aftermarket ones. I THINK I'll end up putting the M5 nose on it soon after delivery.

I've heard something about ventilated seats but only in black leather!! I really want the (cooler) grey leather. (SoCal just doesn't need heated anything!) Anyone know if the ventilated seats CAN be ordered in grey leather? I also don't even see the ventilated seats option on the BMW usa configurator?!?!

What am I missing?!?!? Thanks.
[snapback]68121[/snapback]
I reckon it depends on country options, but I believe in the UK, the only two colours available in nasca leather is Beige and Black. Ventilated seats require nasca and should be available with comfort seats. I don't think you mentioned whet exterior colour you were thinking of.
Re your own preference, I think the grey would be my least favourite as the the other interior trim parts change to grey as well to match - dash and door cappings. I've seen a few and there is too much grey inside, and in my opinion, cheapening the overall effect.
Old 12-12-2004, 03:36 AM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

HUD is worth every cent!
When you get the shift lever with the wood you might want to get the handbrake lever in wood too.
Ventilated seats are a "priority 1" option. You need Nasca leather and that is only available in tan or black.

Rear deck spoiler on Kigerka's and Spec33's E60's:

Ordering my E60 Tomorrow-img_1097.jpg

Ordering my E60 Tomorrow-img_0675.jpg

Ordering my E60 Tomorrow-img_0676.jpg

Wood handbrake lever, matching the gear lever and the interior trim:

Ordering my E60 Tomorrow-img_2658.jpg

You might also want to get an AUX Input installed (for Ipod, etc....), since the MP3 is still not working and nobody knows when it will.
Old 12-12-2004, 05:58 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i, 6 speed, black sapphire with beige leather, style 128 wheels, and clear bra.

Originally Posted by Breae60' date='Dec 11 2004, 10:57 PM
2DOR --> Is the clear bra noticeble....what dealer???? I'm picking my e60 from Crevier BMW in 2 weeks.? My inlaw also had a clear bra on his Mazda RX-8, and it's so noticable!!! His car is black, and mine is Alpine....his bra was made by 3M.? I wonder what the dealer uses???? And what did you pay for yours???
[snapback]68155[/snapback]
The bra is more noticeable on a dark car. I notice more dust on bra than rest of car usually. But I think it is worth it to protect your investment. I paid $ 595 from Riverside BMW. It included the front mask, back of mirrors and under door handles. Hope that helps.
Old 12-12-2004, 06:25 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Wart' date='Dec 11 2004, 10:19 PM
I've gotten the impression that a lot of the dealers don't even know exactly what options I can order. I don't want to miss anything and regret it later. Help appreciated.

I know I am ordering the SMG so I'll get sport package. Do I get a choice of tyres? (Spelled in ENGLISH ) .

I am also ordering:

NAV, PDC, adaptive cruise, active steering, side airbags, zenon, comfort seats, folding rear seats, Logic 7, Leather/wood selector lever.

What do you think @ the rear spoiler? I haven't seen it on pics anywhere to make a decision on it. Only seen the aftermarket ones. I THINK I'll end up putting the M5 nose on it soon after delivery.

I've heard something about ventilated seats but only in black leather!! I really want the (cooler) grey leather. (SoCal just doesn't need heated anything!) Anyone know if the ventilated seats CAN be ordered in grey leather? I also don't even see the ventilated seats option on the BMW usa configurator?!?!

What am I missing?!?!? Thanks.
[snapback]68121[/snapback]
which model are you ordering? if its the 530i, be sure you get a march/april build with the new R6 engine
Old 12-12-2004, 06:53 AM
Senior Members

I have active cruise. It's a very nice option but you probably won't use it that often, especially in California. I would rather have HUD/Nav, which weren't available when I ordered. Don't forget the pull down shades (unless you're going to get tint). The trunk net is very handy also. Satelite prep. Aux in.
Old 12-12-2004, 09:52 AM
Members

WOW! Thanks all. This is very helpful.

I am ordering 545i so I guess no need to specify pdc and zenon.

Will get the HUD... thanks. WIll get the Nasca leather with ventilated seats. Guess the interior will have to be black.. I'm not really happy about this as I am usually way too hot in a black interior car. Will get Bluetooth and aux input. I am having trouble deciding between Titanium Grey and Silver Grey. Even the pics on this site don't help that much asn the titanium car photos were taken in clouds, silver grey car pics taken in sunshine.

Heading down in a few minutes.. WooHoo!
Old 12-12-2004, 09:58 AM
Senior Members

Nasca leather? That's not an option available in the US is it?
Old 12-12-2004, 10:03 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Collected Sept 2009 - BMW E90 M3, Silverstone II, Novillo Black leather, 19" M Double-Spoke alloys, High Beam Assist, Electronic Damper Control, Voice Control, PDC, USB, DAB, High Gloss Shadowline, Sliding armrest, Trim Finishing in aluminium grey.

Originally Posted by Wart' date='Dec 12 2004, 07:52 PM
WOW! Thanks all. This is very helpful.

I am ordering 545i so I guess no need to specify pdc and zenon.

Will get the HUD... thanks. WIll get the Nasca leather with ventilated seats. Guess? the interior will have to be black.. I'm not really happy about this as I am usually way too hot in a black interior car. Will get Bluetooth and aux input. I am having trouble deciding between Titanium Grey and Silver Grey. Even the pics on this site don't help that much asn the titanium car photos were taken in clouds, silver grey car pics taken in sunshine.

Heading down in a few minutes.. WooHoo!
[snapback]68327[/snapback]
I originally ordered TitGrey (not having seen one in the steel) thinking the contrast between it and the Beige interior would stand out better. After I ordered it, I did see a TitGrey. It was nice in bright sunlight but I saw it again in overcast conditions and it looked very dull. Probably even look more dreary in the rain with a dark interior. There was time so I changed the order to Silver-Grey. I believe the beige is just about the best compromise along with Silver-grey.

So, my advice, Silver-Grey + Beige Leather.
Old 12-12-2004, 10:08 AM
Senior Members

Good luck!
Old 12-12-2004, 02:43 PM
Members

Originally Posted by The Pentium Guy' date='Dec 12 2004, 11:58 AM
Nasca leather? That's not an option available in the US is it?
[snapback]68329[/snapback]

I was able to order Nasca leather with ventilated seats. Not even on the dealer's price list yet but the computer allowed us to place the order... The bad thing is, no Anthracite trim OR cold weather package with Nasca/ventilated seats!!

Ordered Silver grey/Black Nasca leather confort, ventilated seats, SMG, Sport, NAV, HUD, Sat Prep, side airbags, power rear sunshade.

Dealer had no info @ aux input or "extended voice control."

car is status 111 now.???

Thanks again to all for the help.

Quick Reply: Ordering my E60 Tomorrow