Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

New Attitude in the Service Department?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 07 550 i, mystic blue, black leather, cold weather package, nav, sport, shades, bags, rear heat, V1 hardwired. 05 F350 TD Crew Cab 04 Range Rover HSE 91 964 C4 Cabrio 07 997 Turbo Cabrio

It could be the negative comments I have made regarding my last two service visits, but yesterday, when I made an appointment to get my oil changed and service done, I was blown away by the turn around in the way I was treated. Service manager was out the service door and greeting me before I had a chance to release my seatbelt. He took the car, explained what he was going to do, offered me a cup of coffee, and even a ride home. The only issue other than the scheduled maintenance, was a broken cup holder. I had a discussion about preferring Mobile 1 instead of the BMW oil, but other than that it was incredibly pleasant experience. The car was done in two hours, and vacuumed. The servicing dealer was Peterson BMW here in Boise.

I have been crying the blues lately, as I have to say goodbye to my beloved 993 this month, so the swag I received, plus this visit gives me hope for the future of mankind.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:49 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 545i - Titanium Silver/Black, Sport pkg, Comfort Seats w/ Lumbar, Premium Sound, power rear sunshade, Adaptive Xenon Headlights, Steptronic, Park Distance Control, Fold down rear seats w/ski bag, Aux jack, 6-disk changer, puddle lamps... Engine: Custom Remus cat-back exhaust w/chrome square tips, K&N Air Filter, Charcoal Filter Removed, Sprint Booster :-), 50/50 mix of 91+100 Octane, EuroRev ECU Remap (coming soon lol), Dinan High-Flow Throttle Body (coming soon...maybe lol) Interior: Portable Sirius Stilletto 100 w/car kit, Garmin Nuvi 680 mounted below rear-view mirror, LCI-style I-drive knob, Dark Poplar Center Dashboard Trim. Exterior: E60 forum clings, 5% rear tint, ACS roof spoiler (painted black for distinct look against limo tint), ACS trunk spoiler, ACS add-on front spoiler and rear apron (awaiting installation), "18 Black Staggered BeBeS Style OER (emergency replacement for cracked sport 124 rims), black kidney grill, white accessory lighting (including license and trunk lamps), Angel-eye upgrade, AIB xenon-matched fog lamps, AIB V3's on order, red rear reflectors

Originally Posted by studavis' post='528724' date='Feb 7 2008, 09:00 PM
It could be the negative comments I have made regarding my last two service visits, but yesterday, when I made an appointment to get my oil changed and service done, I was blown away by the turn around in the way I was treated. Service manager was out the service door and greeting me before I had a chance to release my seatbelt. He took the car, explained what he was going to do, offered me a cup of coffee, and even a ride home. The only issue other than the scheduled maintenance, was a broken cup holder. I had a discussion about preferring Mobile 1 instead of the BMW oil, but other than that it was incredibly pleasant experience. The car was done in two hours, and vacuumed. The servicing dealer was Peterson BMW here in Boise.

I have been crying the blues lately, as I have to say goodbye to my beloved 993 this month, so the swag I received, plus this visit gives me hope for the future of mankind.
These forums are a powerful force. Smart dealers will peruse often and get a feel for what owners expect and experience. It's invaluable knowledge and, unlike the bullshit surveys, offers real-world insite. Perhaps they wised up and realized that experience shared here can influence decisions of potential customers. Great to hear they've adopted a seemingly 'New Attitude'!
Old 02-07-2008, 09:47 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

WOW are you sure that was real? I think you dreamt it all up!
Old 02-09-2008, 04:34 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2008 535i: June 6th start build, complete June 17th, at NY Port July 5th, at dealer July 10th, took delivery Friday July 13- Plantimum Bronze/Natural Brown Leather/Light Poplar, Sport Package, Sport Auto, Active Steering, Premium Package, CWP & PDC. Dinan Performance Software 384hp & 421 ft/lbs.

More likely, BMW NA puruses these forum and contacted the dealer. Every now and then when BMW NA sees something they don't like they PM you, otherwise they lurk silently.
I have had PM's from them concerning SMG problems and other problems I've stated that I had in this forum.
I wonder what they think of the 535/550 Wars?
Old 02-09-2008, 12:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by pennetta' post='529196' date='Feb 9 2008, 05:34 AM
I wonder what they think of the 535/550 Wars?

Laughing their @$$ off... you know how many companies wish they had customers argue and debate between two products and yet BOTH products happens to be from the same company? Either way, if you buy a 535 or a 550, BMW wins... now if we were debating 535 vs E350 BMW NA would be on their marketing departments @$$ faster than the M5 can go from 0 to 60 to try to get us to pick the 535 over the E350.
Old 02-09-2008, 01:25 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xiT (E61) Black Sapphire / Black Leather / bamboo. Steptronic, Full Aero Kit, 35% Tints. 18" Run Flats. All the goodies short of Active Cruise, Comfort Access and the safty options. 2002 BMW R1150R. Red, Corbin, PIAAs, Fiamm,

Originally Posted by studavis' post='528724' date='Feb 8 2008, 12:00 AM

In all honesty thats EXACTLY the service I've always gotten, at both the car and motorcycle division of BMW.
Its a huge factor for why I went back.
You should lease a Range Rover for 24 months then go back to BMW. I promise you'll be the one running out to your service manager offering to make HIM a cup of coffee.
Just something to ponder.

Old 02-10-2008, 08:42 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 07 550 i, mystic blue, black leather, cold weather package, nav, sport, shades, bags, rear heat, V1 hardwired. 05 F350 TD Crew Cab 04 Range Rover HSE 91 964 C4 Cabrio 07 997 Turbo Cabrio

"You should lease a Range Rover for 24 months then go back to BMW. I promise you'll be the one running out to your service manager offering to make HIM a cup of coffee.
Just something to ponder."

Well Gene, I have to tell you that you are dead on here. I own a Range Rover HSE, and quite frankly, I bring them snacks, beer, and sometimes hookers. I am proud of my experienes with Range Rover, it has made me a better person. Leave it at that.
Old 02-10-2008, 12:48 PM
Members

My Ride: 2008 535xiT (E61) Black Sapphire / Black Leather / bamboo. Steptronic, Full Aero Kit, 35% Tints. 18" Run Flats. All the goodies short of Active Cruise, Comfort Access and the safty options. 2002 BMW R1150R. Red, Corbin, PIAAs, Fiamm,

Originally Posted by studavis' post='529558' date='Feb 10 2008, 12:42 PM
"You should lease a Range Rover for 24 months then go back to BMW. I promise you'll be the one running out to your service manager offering to make HIM a cup of coffee.
Just something to ponder."

Well Gene, I have to tell you that you are dead on here. I own a Range Rover HSE, and quite frankly, I bring them snacks, beer, and sometimes hookers. I am proud of my experienes with Range Rover, it has made me a better person. Leave it at that.

I get your meaning Stu'. No need to spell it out, they may be listening in and who knows what they'll do in retaliation for blaspheming against the name of the Ford.