Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Need some advice on the option

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 05:25 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 M5, Silver Grey, Silverstone Full Leather, Alumium trim, Active/Ventilated Comfort Seats, HUD, Comfort Access, Split Rear Seats, Rear Seat Heating, etc.

I agree with most others before me that the extras you get for the $900 premium are kinda bogus, though perhaps if you have kids you'd prefer the rear seat heaters (though these can be ordered alone, at least in the US). Do you ski alot? If yes, the pass-through might be nice. If no to both questions, don't get the bundle.

I am not 100% sold on HUD, but added it to my own car (on order) because I wanted most every gadget I could get. On the M5 is it better, as it includes a tachometer and current gear selection (the regular 5 version only includes speed, warnings, cruise control, and nav directions if you have Nav). If you use navigation on your current car a lot, or if you envision driving in a lot of situations where you would need it, it might be worth it... looking down at a display for nav directions can be distracting otherwise.

Comfort access seems frivolous but I have heard from others that the start/stop button is actually kind of annoying without it... you have to do two steps to start/stop the car (insert key fob, then press Start/Stop button) whereas with Comfort Access you just press the Start Button. Dunno. Sounds like not a big deal but maybe on a day to day basis it matters.