Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

m sport package?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2005, 11:31 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone - been reading posts like crazy here for the past couple days - these forums rock!

Im to order my e60 by the end of this week, and ive been meticulously going though the specs - there is one detail that has been bugging me.

What EXACTLY is the m-sport package? is this the only sport package - or are some people just dropping the "m" when they talk about it?

I dont want the sport seats - i hear that the're terrible - though im pretty sure that i want everything else (which doesnt seem like much other than the sport steering wheel, m-aerodynamics package, m-stickers all over the place, and "M sport chassi" what is that? and is it the same as the ("regular"?) sport chassi that can be chosen without the package?

My final question is - does it change the look of the car - i saw that Merv the Derv in this thread posted pics of his 535d with the sport package. do they change the whole front "lip" (i honestly dont know what to call it) to make it look all cool and stuff like the m5?

for those interested the rest of the car will be getting:
SMG
active steering
dynamic drive
172,19"s - thanks Merv
Nav Pro, the big stereo,
black exterior, white interior, alu trim.

ooh - yeah, and the big burly V8 of the 545 (provided i can pull of hijacking the funds )

and any other toys my budget allows - we'll see how much the dealer is willing to deal

note: i cant test drive a car with ANY of these things because none of the dealers cars have winter tires and i have to wait until spring. i refuse. unbelievable. (especially since i live in sweden - its not like the snow was unexpected). but from reading lots and lots on these forums, i dont think i have a problem with buying blind. im usually know amoungst my friends and the guy that uses the most technology possble to get any task done. smg, AS, and DD, seem to fit my personality nicely.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:40 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 535D Sport Auto

Originally Posted by narf' date='Mar 15 2005, 03:31 PM
Hi everyone - been reading posts like crazy here for the past couple days - these forums rock!

Im to order my e60 by the end of this week, and ive been meticulously going though the specs - there is one detail that has been bugging me.

What EXACTLY is the m-sport package? is this the only sport package - or are some people just dropping the "m" when they talk about it?

I dont want the sport seats - i hear that the're terrible - though im pretty sure that i want everything else (which doesnt seem like much other than the sport steering wheel, m-aerodynamics package, m-stickers all over the place, and "M sport chassi" what is that? and is it the same as the ("regular"?) sport chassi that can be chosen without the package?

My final question is - does it change the look of the car - i saw that Merv the Derv in this thread posted pics of his 535d with the sport package. do they change the whole front "lip" (i honestly dont know what to call it) to make it look all cool and stuff like the m5?

for those interested the rest of the car will be getting:
SMG
active steering
dynamic drive
172,19"s? - thanks Merv
Nav Pro, the big stereo,
black exterior, white interior, alu trim.

ooh - yeah, and the big burly V8 of the 545 (provided i can pull of hijacking the funds )

and any other toys my budget allows - we'll see how much the dealer is willing to deal

note: i cant test drive a car with ANY of these things because none of the dealers cars have winter tires and i have to wait until spring. i refuse. unbelievable. (especially since i live in sweden - its not like the snow was unexpected). but from reading lots and lots on these forums, i dont think i have a problem with buying blind. im usually know amoungst my friends and the guy that uses the most technology possble to get any task done. smg, AS, and DD, seem to fit my personality nicely.
[snapback]101945[/snapback]
Have a look at www.bmw.co.uk for the M - sport spec as per the pic I posted.

The sport pack in the USA comprises Active steering, Sports suspension and Dynamic drive. It may have the sports steering wheel as also. It doesn't have an sports styling yet.

Hope that helps

M the D
Old 03-15-2005, 11:44 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Mystic Blue/Black Leather Type 124 Wheels

Welcome

You dont say which country you are in EDIT: Sorry see its Sweden

The USA does not get the m Sports pack, but only a sports pack

In the UK the Sports pack is the M Sports pack

Here in SA we get Sports pack and M Sports pack

M Sports pack has different front and rear bumpers , M Suspension, Different interior trim, Different wheels, sport seats

i love the sport seats, dont know where you heard they were not nice, go try them before you decide

Dynamic drive is not available with M Sports pack in any country that ive heard of

Style 172 wheels are only available with the M sports pack here, unless you order them after you get the car from the parts department
Old 03-15-2005, 11:48 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Merv the Derv' date='Mar 15 2005, 10:40 PM
Have a look at www.bmw.co.uk for the M - sport spec as per the pic I posted.

The sport pack in the USA comprises Active steering, Sports suspension and Dynamic drive. It may have the sports steering wheel as also. It doesn't have an sports styling yet.

Hope that helps

M the D
[snapback]101946[/snapback]
hmm... www.bmw.se doesnt have a 5xx Sport version - however the sport package seems to have the aerodynamics package. that sounds alot like styling to me - ill have to bug the dealer tomorrow.

i'd rather post here first because the salesmen are a bunch of idiots and have to "get back to me" on every detail, and it takes them all day.
Old 03-15-2005, 11:56 AM
Members

Originally Posted by E60Speed' date='Mar 15 2005, 10:44 PM
Welcome?
[snapback]101950[/snapback]

why thank you

i will be getting the 172s - NOONE CAN STOP ME! mwahaha!

yeah - they're with the sport package in sweden as well (there you have it - im in sweden).

are the different front bumpers the ones closest to the ground that house the fog lights and that second massive grill on the M5? if so - gimme gimme gimme.

no dynamic drive - hmm... thats news, the swedish website says nothing of it. if so, ill have to live without it. i guess that saves me 3500 USD - woohoo!
Old 03-15-2005, 12:02 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by narf' date='Mar 15 2005, 03:56 PM
[quote name='E60Speed' date='Mar 15 2005, 10:44 PM']Welcome?
[snapback]101950[/snapback]

why thank you

i will be getting the 172s - NOONE CAN STOP ME! mwahaha!

yeah - they're with the sport package in sweden as well (there you have it - im in sweden).

are the different front bumpers the ones closest to the ground that house the fog lights and that second massive grill on the M5? if so - gimme gimme gimme.

no dynamic drive - hmm... thats news, the swedish website says nothing of it. if so, ill have to live without it. i guess that saves me 3500 USD - woohoo!
[snapback]101955[/snapback]
[/quote]

Please find out about the Dynamic Drive, as it seems some countries can get it while others say NO

This is a M Sport Pack car with the standard 18"

Old 03-15-2005, 12:22 PM
Members

Originally Posted by E60Speed' date='Mar 15 2005, 11:02 PM
Please find out about the Dynamic Drive, as it seems some countries can get it while others say NO

This is a M Sport Pack car with the standard 18"

[snapback]101959[/snapback]
absolutely, ill get back to you tomorrow (or in a few days, if the saleman continues on his usual streak).

wow - that is indeed a beautiful car.

my plan is to get the standard 18s, slap winter tires on them (as winter boots are required by law here during a good portion of the year), and roll around on the 19"s in the summer.

edit: the general consensus accross the board seems to be that DD is a good thing, non? its not gonna go up and ruin my driving experience is it?

as i meantioned earlier - i love using as much technology as possible for even the simplest tasks, and dont mind taking the time to get used to new things - however i still love to drive - and dont want the pleasure of driving taken away from me by new shiny stuff (i.e. useless technology).
Old 03-15-2005, 12:41 PM
Contributors

welcome narf

and good luck, if only we were so lucky in the US to be able to order such a beautiful car....
Old 03-15-2005, 12:44 PM
Senior Members

People that have it love Dynamic Drive
Old 03-15-2005, 12:55 PM
Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 535d sport saloon M57 Titanium silver nav-pro, bluetooth, media pack, de-chromed, eletric sun roof, auto dim int, folding ext mirrors, auto dim int mirror, sport seats, alum cube interior trim, headlamp washers, bi Xenon, M-sport suspention, M steering wheel, M Aerodynamic bodystyling, M styling wheels, Black leather, Anthacite heading

why do you think it is that in the uk we get the m sport pack as also in SA you get it but in the US you dont . What are they playing at' do they no something that we dont ' because I am sure that a lot of E60 owners in the US would like the option of the M sports pack.

Does any one agree.

Quick Reply: m sport package?