Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Logic7 vs Sports Package

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2005, 06:16 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Jet Black 545i

That explains why you're on the board so much! 7000+ posts!

Either that or girls think you're an alcaholic. Haha J/K.

bestbuy,

I think you should get the sports package. It'll be hard for you to upgrade to a sports pack, but you could easily install aftermarket amps/speakers later when the funds allow.

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Jul 29 2005, 06:43 AM
believe it or not, i'm single .? so email all the hot girls phone numbers/email addresses to me ? .
[snapback]154281[/snapback]
Old 07-29-2005, 06:32 AM
Members

I have both and as mentioned they are both great options. But the sports package makes it drive much better in my opinion and is the one I would choose if I could only have one.
Old 07-29-2005, 06:35 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 535d MSport ; Retired at 110,000 miles October 2010: 2010 535d MSport; Space Grey/Black Dakota, Adaptive Xenons, High Beam assistant, Prof. Nav, Voice Control,SAT, Adaptive Drive, Powered boot, Comfort Access, Climate Comfort W/Screen, Surround View, Side/Rear Sunblinds, Comfort Seats, HUD, Active Cruise, TV, Prof Loudspeaker, Night Vision, Lane Change warning, 4-Zone A/C, split rear seats, Speed Limit Display

It has to be the Sports package; even if you ignore the looks - and the sports package IMHO looks the business - and you ignore the seats - the ride/handling package is a big improvement.

My wife's car has Logic 7, so I had a chance to try it over some months before ordering mine; in the end the difference between the basic system and the hi-fi systespeakers is quite marked, but the difference from the hi-fi to Logic 7 wasn't that great, and with some music sounded really artificial; so I decied against the Logic 7.

Would your wife compromise and let you have the sports package and the hi-fi speakers......?almost the best of both worlds if she would....
Old 07-29-2005, 07:00 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 F10 535i, Graphite on Oyster, ///Msport, Executive Package, XDrive

Originally Posted by cerbera' date='Jul 29 2005, 08:35 AM
Would your wife compromise and let you have the sports package and the hi-fi speakers......?almost the best of both worlds if she would....
[snapback]154313[/snapback]
Unfortunately we do not have that flexibility in NA. It is logic 7 or standard radio, nothing in between.

Betbuy,

Sports package is the way to go. The handling is what makes this car great. I had a choice between a car with SP and no PP (includes logic 7 in Canada) and a car with PP and no sport. I chose the car with the sports package and have never regretted it. As others have said, you could upgrade the stereo later when funds permit.

Good luck with your decision. Let us know how you chose!!
Old 07-29-2005, 07:10 AM
Contributors

I'm lucky enough to have both. But if I had to pick I would take the sports package. logic 7 is great and frankly an aftermarket kit would not be an option for me. I enjoy my music, but I enjoy the drive more. After all that is why you buy a BMW.
Am I wrong here??
Old 07-29-2005, 07:33 AM
Members

My Ride: 2006 525Xi, premium package, premium sound, steptronic, bi-xenon adaptive lights, PDC, rear sun shade, rear heating, cold weather package.

Originally Posted by alohalc' date='Jul 29 2005, 06:43 AM
believe it or not, i'm single .? so email all the hot girls phone numbers/email addresses to me ? .
[snapback]154281[/snapback]
I would like to have carbon copy too.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:01 AM
Members

Going to agree with the trend here. If you can have only one, sport package is an easy choice. I have both in the car, and the Logic 7 doesnt do much for news radio.

Get the wife to reconsider... you're about to drop 50K (more or less) what is another few grand to have what you really want...
Old 07-29-2005, 08:27 AM
Members

I would sell your wife on how much those two options will increase the resale value down the road...come on you can do it! I guarantee you will wish you spent the $ on the options a few months down the road...
Old 07-29-2005, 08:30 AM
Members

IT REALLY DEPENDS ON YOU! if u like music and listening to quality sound then get logic 7 if you like driving and taking nice turns etc... then get the sport package.........i must advise this though......i have a 545 and i didnt get the sports package but i got the sound package and ummm ya id rather have the sport lol also take into account that if you get the sport package without active steering its kinda point less =( so if your not getting active steering id get the sound!
Old 07-29-2005, 08:31 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Arrived 3 June 2005: 2005 545i - Orient Blue, Black interior, Sport, Steptronic, Cold Weather, NAV, Sirius, Logic7, Comfort Seats, Sunshades. What a glorious ride!

For what it's worth, had the sport pack not been available I would not be driving an e60. The Logic7 is very nice, but I could have lived without it farily happily.

Quick Reply: Logic7 vs Sports Package