Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Logic7 vs Sports Package

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2005, 09:44 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 545i with everything

I would get both. In the long run you will be kicking yourself that you let 2% of the purchase price, only a few dollars a month in your payment (likely less than what you spend on a single restaurant meal) keep you from getting what you want.

As for whether the sports packages is a must, it's personal. In genereal I would say that if you are male and under the age of 50, you will want the sport package. Over age 50, generally speaking, you probably won't care.
Old 08-02-2005, 09:45 PM
Contributors

I would get both. In the long run you will be kicking yourself that you let 2% of the purchase price, only a few dollars a month in your payment (likely less than what you spend on a single restaurant meal) keep you from getting what you want.

As for whether the sports packages is a must, it's personal. In genereal I would say that if you are male and under the age of 50, you will want the sport package. Over age 50, generally speaking, you probably won't care.
Old 08-02-2005, 10:04 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i Orient Blue, Auburn Int. Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Satellite Radio, Logic 7 , Nav... European Delivery 3/21/05 Redelivery 6/1/05.

Originally Posted by rodneyremington' date='Aug 2 2005, 10:45 PM

[snapback]155576[/snapback]
I am a male and over 50, and I had to have the sport package! Remember, us aging baby boomers grew up with muscle cars and love the sensation of speed and control! Not that muscle cars had much control... but they sure went in a straight line pretty darn quick! Now we have the best of both worlds!
Old 08-02-2005, 11:18 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530 2006 msport package, steptronic, pdc, mystik blue, grey dakota leather, sunroof, Bi-Xenon, heated rear seats, Hi-FI system, velour carpets

no dout that you should have the m package!! you can live without the logic 7. I think that the m package makes the car look so great. You get the m steering wheel instead of the boring standard one .
M sport package of course man!!
Old 08-03-2005, 12:03 AM
Members

One other thing I would like ti throw in to the equation is that if you have the bucks, you need the 19" 172 wheels, without those damn run-flats. It had made such a huge difference to comfort and handling.

The demo car that I had was skittish and unsettled, and more than a bit bumpy, and the 172's have transformed it.

Speak to your wife and see what she says
Old 08-03-2005, 02:02 AM
Contributors

Bestbuy,

I know how you feel. All the BMW options really make you sweat. I started with a absolute maximum of 42k euro but ended in little over 48... (but I dont regret a cent).

I find your critera with either a 4600 euro option or a 1200 euro option unfair. Of course you get more in the sport pack since it simply costs more.
If you just want the handling you can go for the sport-suspension; only 150 euros and then spend I think about 1500 on 18" rims. (You don't want to be seen on those standard 16" coins)

But with the sport-pack you also get sport-seats, which are great and I really like the anthrazite roofline. I also find that the sport steering wheel is a must have. (The low-profile, which I find very good looking, is a matter of taste.)

I'm a big music fan and without L7 the sound very much lacks the extra kick from the 12" base speakers in the seat.

To wrap up, if you only want to spend about 4500 eur extra on the car; then in my opinion take L7 and add sport-suspensions, sport steering wheel and upgrade those horrible 16" (think you can even throw in the sport-seats).

Bp
Old 08-03-2005, 04:01 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by PKandCK' date='Aug 3 2005, 02:04 AM
[quote name='rodneyremington' date='Aug 2 2005, 10:45 PM']I would get both. In the long run you will be kicking yourself that you let 2% of the purchase price, only a few dollars a month in your payment (likely less than what you spend on a single restaurant meal) keep you from getting what you want.

[snapback]155576[/snapback]
I am a male and over 50, and I had to have the sport package! Remember, us aging baby boomers grew up with muscle cars and love the sensation of speed and control! Not that muscle cars had much control... but they sure went in a straight line pretty darn quick! Now we have the best of both worlds!
[snapback]155582[/snapback]
[/quote]
Sports package all the may for this over 50
I also lived in Vacaville, but 43 years ago, stationed at Travis AFB. Is it still there? Spent most my time in Berkeley (uncle there) and San Francisco, clubing at the time. Quite a few trips to Reno/Tahoe as well. Fond memories - away from Vacaville that is
Old 08-03-2005, 12:48 PM
Contributors

Old 08-03-2005, 03:14 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 11 550i Sophisto Gray/Oyster Black/Anthracite, Sprt Trns, DHP, IAS, SP, PP1, PP2, CWP, HUD, DAP, AVSP, SF RS, CA, ACC - Euro Del

Originally Posted by rodneyremington' date='Aug 3 2005, 02:48 PM
Over age 50, generally speaking, you probably won't care.
[snapback]155736[/snapback]
Hey, I'm 53 and I would never buy a BMW without the sport package. The sport package is a great value.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2011 550i; Alpine White/Black Dakota/MSport/SAT/IAS/Driver Assistance/ConveniencePkg/Prem Pkg 2/4 Zone AC/Side-Top Cameras/HUD & Black panel/BMW Apps-iPhone 4 Media/M Decklid spolier /Ventureshiled clear bra/ V1 -Ordered 4/9/11, Production 4/19, Shipped on Martorell 4/23,Arrived Port Hueneme 5/19,Delivered 5/21/11

Well.....step up and get both!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! sacrifice some other option.