Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Loaners from dealers

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 01:22 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JDN' date='Oct 4 2004, 04:07 AM
[quote name='skipper' date='Oct 4 2004, 09:01 AM'] 04 X5 3.0.
[snapback]41172[/snapback]
You have furthered my education, skipper. I did not realize they made the X5 with the 3.0 engine. Thanks.
[snapback]41173[/snapback]
[/quote]

Originally Posted by skipper' date='Oct 4 2004, 05:42 AM
I didn't know either. I never really paid much attention to them. I guess it is the same engine that we have in our E60s. It is the X5 3.0i as the official designation.
[snapback]41187[/snapback]
fyi
x5 3.0i: 3.0 liter DOHC, 24-valve, 225 hp inline-six cylinder engine
x5 4.4i: 4.4 liter DOHC, 32-valve, 315 hp 4-overhead-cam V-8 engine w/valvetronic
x5 4.8is: 4.8 liter DOHC, 32-valve, 355 hp 4-overhead-cam V-8 engine w/valvetronic
Old 10-05-2004, 08:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i, Jet Black, Black Dakota Leather, Poplar Wood, Steptronic Transmission, Premium Package, Xenon Lights.

Skipper wrote:

Well they didn't give me an Enzo Ferrari as I had hoped, but I did get a fully loaded 04 X5 3.0. Heated seats (including rear), Nav, PDC, CWP.

Man, I wish I had your luck!!!

Actually my friend bought 2004 X5 4.4i yesterday. The car was fully loaded:

Premium Package
Sports Package
Cold Weather Package
Rear Climate Package
19" Wheels
Adjustable Ride Height
NAV
Upgraded Audio
CD Changer
PDC
Trailer Hitch

It only had 7K miles, but get this, he got it for $51K! That's a freaking steal! It was sold for $64K in December of 03.
Old 10-05-2004, 12:49 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Serge007' date='Oct 5 2004, 06:12 AM
Skipper wrote:

Well they didn't give me an Enzo Ferrari as I had hoped, but I did get a fully loaded 04 X5 3.0. Heated seats (including rear), Nav, PDC, CWP.

Man, I wish I had your luck!!!

Actually my friend bought 2004 X5 4.4i yesterday. The car was fully loaded:

Premium Package
Sports Package
Cold Weather Package
Rear Climate Package
19" Wheels
Adjustable Ride Height
NAV
Upgraded Audio
CD Changer
PDC
Trailer Hitch

It only had 7K miles, but get this, he got it for $51K! That's a freaking steal! It was sold for $64K in December of 03.
[snapback]41529[/snapback]
i feel happy for your friend but sorry for the previous owner :'(.
Old 10-05-2004, 04:42 PM
JDN
Contributors

All good things come to an end. With a perfect six months with no mechanical problems, I noticed an engine noise under the hood at idle (700 rpm, incidentally). Took it in last Friday and mentioned that my BMW Assist looked like it was bonkers. I got a neat X3 for a loaner and kept it over the WE when I did not hear from my car. I still have it and will have it until Thursday.

I still don't know what the engine noise I noticed was, but was told that in updating the software, the communication unit was destroyed and the car will not run wo it. Next news was to expect two weeks to order from Germany, but not to worry, just keep the loaner. "Can I take the loaner on my Colorado trip Friday?" "We'll see if we can get you upgraded to the X5 for the trip." Happy camper here at that point. Later call said the boss nixed that and would take a unit out of a new BMW to put in mine for the trip. Loaners cannot leave the Metroplex (DFW area). That's the way it will be. I am sure I can expect to lose all of my presets. The NAV data ticks me off most.
Old 10-06-2004, 05:38 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i, Jet Black, Black Dakota Leather, Poplar Wood, Steptronic Transmission, Premium Package, Xenon Lights.

Originally Posted by JDN' date='Oct 5 2004, 07:42 PM
All good things come to an end. With a perfect six months with no mechanical problems, I noticed an engine noise under the hood at idle (700 rpm, incidentally). Took it in last Friday and mentioned that my BMW Assist looked like it was bonkers. I got a neat X3 for a loaner and kept it over the WE when I did not hear from my car. I still have it and will have it until Thursday.

I still don't know what the engine noise I noticed was, but was told that in updating the software, the communication unit was destroyed and the car will not run wo it. Next news was to expect two weeks to order from Germany, but not to worry, just keep the loaner. "Can I take the loaner on my Colorado trip Friday?" "We'll see if we can get you upgraded to the X5 for the trip." Happy camper here at that point. Later call said the boss nixed that and would take a unit out of a new BMW to put in mine for the trip. Loaners cannot leave the Metroplex (DFW area). That's the way it will be. I am sure I can expect to lose all of my presets. The NAV data ticks me off most.
[snapback]41627[/snapback]
Man, I'm sorry to hear about your car
Well, at least you'll have a cool ride for your trip
Where are you going in Colorado?
Old 10-06-2004, 08:22 AM
JDN
Contributors

Mostly appeasing my wife. There's a son in Denver who now owns my last Bimmer. After that we go to an Aztec village and maybe Mesa National Park, swing down to White Sands, NM, over to Carlsbad, and possibly some stuff like Guadalupe Mountain, highest (probably only) peak in Texas - 8-9,000 ft. Then there is Whittington Center in Raton, NM to think about.

We will be in the 545 so can expect a comfortable and exhiliarating trip. I'll spend what time it takes to reprogram iDrive tomorrow.
Old 10-06-2004, 01:22 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JDN' date='Oct 6 2004, 11:22 AM
Mostly appeasing my wife. There's a son in Denver who now owns my last Bimmer. After that we go to an Aztec village and maybe Mesa National Park, swing down to White Sands, NM, over to Carlsbad, and possibly some stuff like Guadalupe Mountain, highest (probably only) peak in Texas - 8-9,000 ft.? Then there is Whittington Center in Raton, NM to think about.

We will be in the 545 so can expect a comfortable and exhiliarating trip. I'll spend what time it takes to reprogram iDrive tomorrow.
[snapback]41790[/snapback]
Sounds like fun. I've spent over a year in Denver, nice area.

I thought you were planning on taking X5 for your trip? I guess your car is ready.
Well, I'll be in Dallas with my friend on Friday for OU game. We'll be going in my friend's new X5 4.4. Can't wait!
Old 10-06-2004, 02:27 PM
JDN
Contributors

Yep, the deal was that I could not take the loaner X3 nor an X5 on the road, so they are taking parts from a new car and replacing the parts they screwed up with the software update.

OU/TX should be a good game. Try not to get locked up , a lot of people do.
Old 10-07-2004, 05:45 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JDN' date='Oct 6 2004, 05:27 PM
Yep, the deal was that I could not take the loaner X3 nor an X5 on the road, so they are taking parts from a new car and replacing the parts they screwed up with the software update.

OU/TX should be a good game. Try not to get locked up? ? , a lot of people do.
[snapback]41939[/snapback]

Yeah, I'll try to stay out of trouble. Let me know how your trip went and specially performance of 545 on long trips.
Have a safe trip!
Old 10-07-2004, 06:42 AM
JDN
Contributors

I've already driven to Tampa and back and really impressed with my 545 on the road. You can more or less do it your way and will most definitely need a V1. I am going through speed trap alley from Dallas to Amarillo tomorrow, so let the games begin. Have not had a ticket stick since . . .

And, oh, yes -- look out for the counterfeit and other plays being made in this area for game tickets to OU/UT game. A number of people will get fleeced.

Quick Reply: Loaners from dealers