Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

I want to BLOW UP BMW OF MANHATTAN!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 09:26 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2006 530i Sport Silver Gray - Black Leather - Anthracite Maple Manual Transmission Premium Audio Cold Weather Package Rear sunshade Sirius Radio Autobahnd Roadblock (3M) film kit

Originally Posted by ledbettm' date='Aug 3 2005, 09:06 PM
Considering your age and what you drive...they probably think you are a spoiled brat. Then when you blew up on them and appeared to throw a tantrum they REALLY had enough of you. You may be a really nice guy but this time I think your age and attitude got you the short end of the stick. Believe me I have had my fair share of shi&*%y service but you can not loose you cool like that. BMWNA will not even come to your aid if you treat the SA like crap. I would do what was already suggested. Tell them you are sorry and that you were just so frustrated that you lost it. If they refuse to work on your car after that....screw em'...find another dealer.
[snapback]155819[/snapback]

Do you think the BMW SA would risk his job just to put off a spoiled brat or discriminate based on his age and wealth? I would certainly not risk it.

If I were in the shoes of the BMW dealer or SA, I'd be -more- inclined to treat a young wealthy owner with kid gloves. Setting aside the fact that it is completely possible for a 19 year old to have made the money on his own, (remember the Internet boom?) I agree that most would assume that someone else bought him the car. Behind every rich kid is potentially a very powerful father and/or mother. We're not talking a 325i here - it's a 545i.

I tend to agree more with the explanation the dealer gave. At some point, I think these dealers realize that no matter what they do - some of us are just never going to be happy. It's not about losing or keeping your cool. It's about picking battles. There will always be things that they don't do just right, or on time, or fast enough. I'd rather save my argument(s) for the time in the future when they actually f**k something up.

The written word (ink on dead trees) still rules the world. Be concise and polite - don't write anything sensational or inflamatory. Send it to BMW NA, the dealership, and put the name of the local TV news consumer advocacy reporter in the CC section, as well as any other consumer advocacy groups you can think of. Heck, CC JD Powers and Assoc. If that doesn't work, submit a claim to the BBB. They'll be calling you within 24 hours asking you what they could do to make you happy.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:34 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i SMG Alpine White/Black Leather, Sport, Logic7, Cold Weather, Navigation

I appreciate the advice UUROnlL
Old 08-04-2005, 03:45 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with everything

deleted
Old 08-04-2005, 03:46 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i with everything

Also, what's with the terrorist jokes? Isn't it a little inappropriate, even in jest? I'm starting to wonder if maybe your service manager did the right thing Remember that a business owner has every right to refuse to serve you if he wants. Especially if you are unreasonable and acting inappropriately and he feels like nothing he does will satisfy you.
Old 08-04-2005, 09:32 PM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i SMG Alpine White/Black Leather, Sport, Logic7, Cold Weather, Navigation

You are turning this entire forum against me!
Old 08-05-2005, 04:54 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 545i

That's the thing, that service foreman isn't the business owner. He's just some worker dude that's fed up w/ customers. The service foreman here in Tally is pretty rude to me as well. I've seen him treat other customers with much more respect. Especially if they're hot old ladies driving a 4.8is, but that's another story.

Point is, he's not the owner and does not necessarily reflect the opinions of his superiors. What I would do is go up the chain of command and explain the situation to them, especially the apology part.

2ndly, DO NOT request compensation other than getting the service right. I'm a business owner, and let me tell you it's INAPPROPRIATE for a customer to request compensation for bad service, it's just in bad taste. What do you want? Money? Free parts? A beer? Give me a break. If I were you, I would tell him that I drove 75 miles and all I want is my car to be fixed correctly. I don't need "compensation" per se, I just want the job done right.

And you do need to chill man, your posts do point toward an immature brat. We all know what 330hp + immature = trouble.

Originally Posted by rodneyremington' date='Aug 4 2005, 07:46 PM
Also, what's with the terrorist jokes? Isn't it a little inappropriate, even in jest? I'm starting to wonder if maybe your service manager did the right thing? Remember that a business owner has every right to refuse to serve you if he wants. Especially if you are unreasonable and acting inappropriately and he feels like nothing he does will satisfy you.
[snapback]156144[/snapback]
Old 08-05-2005, 09:41 AM
Contributors

My Ride: On order: 2007 550i, silver gray, black leather, anth. maple trim, active cruise, heated steering wheel, sport, night vision, vent seats, heat rears, active steering, rear air bags, folding seats, comfort access, navigation , HUD, black head liner, steptronic, premium sound, sirius and HD radio.

Your comments on "Osama" are disgusting. Are you just being dramatic here because you are venting or is this the "drama" you exhibited to the SA? Blow up the dealership...? I understand you are angry but...come on. 9/11 is not....I say again NOT what we need to hear on this forum. AND before you start getting ticked at me....I lost two very good friends at Charles Schwab on 9/11. Use your head!

Thanks
Old 08-06-2005, 12:09 AM
Members

From your posts, you do sound like your trying to throw your toys out. Chill out man! For a start, your v. lucky to be driving a 545 at the age of 19. Anywhere else in the world, that would be allmost impossible. I agree with tomwid on the compensation - ask for the service for free maybe at most, but dont take it OTT.
Old 08-07-2005, 06:30 AM
Members

Here's something I found this on the web that you might find interesting:

http://www.consumer.state.ny.us/clahm/clah...ase%20Contracts

Check out the section that says "Dealer's Refusal to Make Repairs." Call up your family lawyer (I'm assuming you have one if you're from Alpine, are 19 and drive a 5er) and ask him what you can do.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:53 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i Sport Auto (see sig)

Originally Posted by fuenfer' date='Aug 7 2005, 07:30 AM
Here's something I found this on the web that you might find interesting:

http://www.consumer.state.ny.us/clahm/clah...ase%20Contracts

Check out the section that says "Dealer's Refusal to Make Repairs."? Call up your family lawyer (I'm assuming you have one if you're from Alpine, are 19 and drive a 5er) and ask him what you can do.
[snapback]156829[/snapback]
Nothing in that law says that the manufacturer can't just send you to a different dealership to make the repairs.

Quick Reply: I want to BLOW UP BMW OF MANHATTAN!