Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

I want to BLOW UP BMW OF MANHATTAN!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 05:51 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by qtrII6' date='Aug 3 2005, 05:53 PM
get a pen and paper.........write some letters to his boss, as well as corporate, send it to everyone that is hire then him, threaten them that you will take legal action, hell claim racism and discrimination of age i promise you they will listen......i work for a law firm i know this cuz we do work for lemon laws and bmw has been one of our targets of late.........let me know how it goes
[snapback]155786[/snapback]
Do the above plus hire a bomb sq. and make sure they blow them away.

Sorry to hear that man. I understand too..sometimes we run out of coolness.

Best of luck and dont forget to call BMW NA.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:57 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by rodneyremington' date='Aug 3 2005, 07:39 PM
[quote name='qtrII6' date='Aug 3 2005, 04:53 PM']get a pen and paper.........write some letters to his boss, as well as corporate, send it to everyone that is hire then him, threaten them that you will take legal action, hell claim racism and discrimination of age i promise you they will listen......i work for a law firm i know this cuz we do work for lemon laws and bmw has been one of our targets of late.........let me know how it goes
[snapback]155786[/snapback]
I would suggest just the opposite. Write a letter of apology (even though he doesn't deserve it) saying that you are sorry you lost your cool and asking him to reconsider servicing your car. Be the bigger man. It takes a real man to swallow his pride and admit he lost his cool, even if it was justified.

I guarantee you this approach will be more successful than threats. Guaranteed.
[snapback]155815[/snapback]
[/quote]

Rodney,

You method can easily work if you send a note to your neighbor asking him to let you test drive his fine wife. It will not work with those guys at the manhattan dealer. Just go there and you will find out why they call them "the empire of the jerks"
Old 08-03-2005, 06:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: On order: 2007 550i, silver gray, black leather, anth. maple trim, active cruise, heated steering wheel, sport, night vision, vent seats, heat rears, active steering, rear air bags, folding seats, comfort access, navigation , HUD, black head liner, steptronic, premium sound, sirius and HD radio.

Considering your age and what you drive...they probably think you are a spoiled brat. Then when you blew up on them and appeared to throw a tantrum they REALLY had enough of you. You may be a really nice guy but this time I think your age and attitude got you the short end of the stick. Believe me I have had my fair share of shi&*%y service but you can not loose you cool like that. BMWNA will not even come to your aid if you treat the SA like crap. I would do what was already suggested. Tell them you are sorry and that you were just so frustrated that you lost it. If they refuse to work on your car after that....screw em'...find another dealer.
Old 08-03-2005, 06:46 PM
Senior Members

I had a similar problem with one dealer as well. They called me on the phone and yelled at me for telling BMWNA in a follow-up call, how I was treated badly in service at the dealer. Dealers like that create a horrible image for the brand of BMW and scare other customers away, not only from that dealer, but even from buying that brand especially if that dealer is near their work or home.

BMWNA needs to hear about that, and you should write one letter to the ownership of the dealer, and copy BMWNA on it so that it is officially recorded into the corporate structure.

That individual should get reprimanded if not fired, and BMWNA must apply pressure to that dealership to fix the relationship.

These events have a way of rippling in the market, just as you have shared it with us, and it does very bad things to BMW as a brand, beyond Manhattan BMW. People like that give customers the message that they must hate customers and not need business. It isn't that customers expect treatment that is impossible, but when things go wrong, some kind of help in making things work out goes a long way in putting things back in order.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:08 PM
Members

Based on your location, I'm sure you have other options for BMW service. Don't get mad at them - simply take your business elsewhere, and spread the word (like you did here). They'll eventually get the message if what you say is true.

Just out of curiousity, I'd be interested to hear the dealer's side of the story.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Ouch sorry to hear.. I would have stood there and made a call right to BMW NA and tell this this is happening right now and see what the dealer thinks... if he didnt care then forget it you dont wnat them to work on your car. They'll find a way to screw you over... you dont know what they do back in the service bay. Never a good idea to play hard ball with the dealer.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:52 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 335i Sedan

to think i was going to choose BMW of manhattan, not a freaking chance! hope the BMW of Bayside is much better, any member can vouch for this dealership??
Old 08-03-2005, 09:30 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 525i Jet Black on Grey Interior--- Tint: Sides 20% Rear Windshield 5% Front Windshield 35% Wheels: Zenetti Five's 20" by 8.5(front) 20" by 10(rear)-- Tires: Pirelli Asimmetrico 245/35/20(front) 285/30/20(rear)-- Body: Hamann Full Front Spoiler, Rieger Side Skirts, Rieger Rear Apron, AC Schnitzer Trunk Wing Interior: AC Schnitzer Pedal Set and E-Break Springs: H&R Sport Springs-- Audio: 2 12" Kicker L7's with a Rockford Fosgate 1501bd Amp With Custom Trunk Enclosure SOON TO COME: -M5 Mirrors -M5 Trunk Finsher -Brembo GT Big Brake Kit -Hamann 6 Series Front Spliter Molded -Hamann Roof Wing -Full Custom Sound System with TV's

Question??? where did you buy the car??? BMW Manhattan??? Cause if so they have to preform service on that car... whether the guy likes it or not... now if you didn't then thats a differnt story.. GOD I LOVE JMK BMW
Old 08-04-2005, 04:33 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 525

some questions....

why would u drive 75 miles to get your car serviced, when there are literally TONS of dealers in the NJ area?

and ok, the SA tells you there is no cell reception inside the building (which is true, i bought my car from bmw manhattan, i know), why not drive outside around the block a few times to see if your phone works...heck youre in midtown manhattan, the cell phone capital of the world! if you cant get reception in manhattan, u aint gonna get reception period. why drive 75 miles to find out u have no reception?
Old 08-04-2005, 04:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 BMW 530I steptronic, Orient Blue, Dakota Black Leather, Finishers Aluminium with Wave Cutting interior, NAVIgation, Radio PROFESSIONAL, CD in-dash, Hi-Fi extended sound system, PDC system, Bi-Xenons lights with washers, cruise-control, heated seats, Extended AC, auto"shade" mirrors, auto lights sensors, rain/wiper sensor, M-tech leather multifunction steering wheel, side airbags rearseats, sliding armrest, smoker's package (I don't smoke!), velour floor mats, spare wheel and jack, 122 style rims winter setup, M135 style rims summer setup [color=red]Mods:[/color] [color=blue]M tech sport steering wheel with M5 SMG paddles working retrofit done ! Trunk lid opening button retrofit done.[/color] [color=blue]3M window 35% tint done Chrome grilles E60.net Clings [/color]

this is so bad.
only one thing makes me "happy" - at least I know that it does not work this $uck way only in my country, which I thought had the worst bmw dealership ever (Czech Republic). I'm quiet surprised to see that a$$holes are even in US. so sad. but definitely contact BMWNA and do some "paypack" time

Quick Reply: I want to BLOW UP BMW OF MANHATTAN!