Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

I want to BLOW UP BMW OF MANHATTAN!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2005, 04:49 AM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I thought BMWNA didn't get involved with issues of poor service at the dealerships -- don't they always respond with the simple "We're sorry you had a bad experience but our dealers are independently owned and operated, etc."

Even if the dealership is a company owned one, I'm betting a phone call to NA isn't going to get much accomplished...
Old 08-04-2005, 04:59 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Simple1' date='Aug 3 2005, 11:52 PM
hope the BMW of Bayside is much better, any member can vouch for this dealership??
[snapback]155860[/snapback]

....dont go to Bayside BMW either!!!! their service is as bad or worse,
....is LI too far for you to travel? i'd suggest mine (Hassel) if you can get to the South Shore....
Old 08-04-2005, 06:32 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 550i M Sport Package - Alpine White/Blk Nasca Leather, Premium hi-fi system, Sat Radio, Nav, Cold Weather Package, Value Package, Shift Paddles, Comfort Access keyless entry, Power rear Sunshade, Front Ventilated seats, Split fold-down rear seats, Heated rear seats, Automatic high beams

Originally Posted by m630' date='Aug 4 2005, 08:59 AM
[quote name='Simple1' date='Aug 3 2005, 11:52 PM'] hope the BMW of Bayside is much better, any member can vouch for this dealership??
[snapback]155860[/snapback]

....dont go to Bayside BMW either!!!! their service is as bad or worse,
....is LI too far for you to travel? i'd suggest mine (Hassel) if you can get to the South Shore....
[snapback]155941[/snapback]
[/quote]

I agree, use Hassel.
Old 08-04-2005, 06:33 AM
Members

My Ride: '05 545i Sport Package 6-speed, cold weather package, premium sound '07 Mercedes GL450 '07 Porsche 997 Carrera S

I would highly recommend you try the service dept. over at Difeo BMW in Tenafly, NJ right by the GW Bridge...Unfortunately have had to take my cars (540 and 545) their numerous times for everything from flood damage to engine replacement to transmission replacement, etc.
Although I live in Long Island and there are several dealers very close to me (hassel & Bayside) I still bring the car over to Difeo. Bad experiences with the service dept. at these Long Island dealers made me look into NJ and I couldn't be happier with the service there. They always get me a loaner car whether it was one of their loaners or a decent rental from the Enterprise kiosk in the dealership, even so far as getting the service manager's 545 for a week - and it's never a battle with them. If it's not an urgent service appointment and I can wait a week or 2, they actually will send a driver to my home with a loaner and pick up my car for the service and vice-versa when the service is complete at no charge...

If you live in the area, I would definitely give them a try.
Old 08-04-2005, 07:28 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2001 BMW330ci, Steel Gray, Black leather, Steptronic, PP, SP, PDC, Heated seats, Xenon head lights, HK, 6 disk changer, OEM alarm, OEM clears,Iice white fog lights ,Universal trasnciver, 17 inch Michelin Pilot Sport Tires 2005 530i Titanium Gray,Black leather, Nav.,HUD,PP,CWP,SP,PDC,Xenon lights,Steptronic,Logic 7 sound system,,Fold down read seats,Power shades ON ORDER

Originally Posted by Hamann5' date='Aug 4 2005, 12:30 AM
Question??? where did you buy the car??? BMW Manhattan??? Cause if so they have to preform service on that car... whether the guy likes it or not... now if you didn't then thats a differnt story.. GOD I LOVE JMK BMW?
[snapback]155866[/snapback]
I also LOVE JMK BMW they are the best in sales,service and autobody.I feel sorry for any of you guys that can't get to them because of distance.No I don't work for JMK BMW just appreciate the way they treat you.
cheers
vern
Old 08-04-2005, 07:53 AM
Members

Try devon hill bmw in the suburb of philly, they are the best!
Old 08-04-2005, 08:01 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i SMG Alpine White/Black Leather, Sport, Logic7, Cold Weather, Navigation

I did the whole apology thing telling them that I lost my cool. The Dealer's side of the story is that they feel that no matter what they do, they are not gonna make me (the customer) happy and their number 1 goal is customer satisfaction... This is a bunch of bull**it if you ask me. I told them I'd be happy if they just do the work on the car, they tell me is past that.. watever that means...

ATTN: BMW OF MANHATTAN- Osama is on the way
Old 08-04-2005, 08:17 AM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530i, white/black manual, sports package, nav, PDC, etc.

I know this isn't going to make you feel any better, but you've got a lot going against you driving a 545i at the age of 19. The people you're dealing with are probably 2x to 3x your age and probably couldn't afford a base 325i. To them, you probably look like a snot nosed kid. Be diplomatic, but don't expect them to jump through hoops for you.

Originally Posted by Alpine545' date='Aug 3 2005, 03:55 PM
Last week, I brought my 545i for service including an iDrive CIP update (now have version 18.x).

Went to go pick it up on Monday. Everything seemed fine until I tried to enable my Bluetooth. I went to the communication menu and clicked where you check enable bluetooth, but it would not check. I went upstairs with one of the SA's where work is performed on the vehicles. They reset the TCU (Telematics Control Unit) and told me that when I leave the dealership, my car will see the satellite and it will enable all telecommunication services including the bluetooth. This of course was not the case, just away to get me out of there face until next time because it was past closing time. So... I drive my 75 mile trip back to NJ.

Next day.. I call my SA inform him of the situation. He tells me to bring it back... I brought it back the next day. I get a call from my SA at around 2PM. He tells me I need a new TCU. He said he will order it overnight from Germany. I say ok. He told me to come pick up a loaner car. I go to pick up a loaner car, then he asks me for my driver license. I give it to him and he tells me that I cant have a loaner because I am under 25. The a$$hole was so stupid. I am 19, and dont look anywhere near 25... thats another trip to the dealer. So now I was about to take my car home and bring it 2 days later when the TCU is supposed to arrive at the dealership. Then the service foreman comes downstairs and starts talking to me. He mentioned that the TCU's are in stock and had he been given the orderes to install one? that day it wouldve all been done.

Today, I bring my car in again to install the TCU which was in stock all day tuesday and couldve been done on tuesday. I go to argue with the service manager Phil Devernsky (di*k) for a compensation for my unnecessary trips back and forth to New Jersey. He kept refusing but I did not quit arguing for 15 minutes when he told me.. "I refuse to work on your car" then he chirped the foreman on his Nextel and told him to bring my car down and not to perform any work on the car... I was freaking out.. He tells me to leave the dealership and never come back again. I then said OK, f**k the compensation, just do the work on the car. He refused. He then threatened to tow my car to an impound if i dont take it right now. I gave up and left.

WHAT DO I DO?
[snapback]155761[/snapback]
Old 08-04-2005, 08:30 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 545i SMG Alpine White/Black Leather, Sport, Logic7, Cold Weather, Navigation

That is true, however when a customer is given wrong information 3 times and forced to go to a dealership 4 times in 2 days for the dealer's fault, the customer will get angry and should be compensated.
Old 08-04-2005, 08:47 AM
Contributors

My Ride: MY RIDE is DA real .-) HAMANN 5 aka BLACK MAMBA born on 16/06/2005/delivered on 05/08/2005 as following: 530dA (steptronic), Black II (JET), leather Dakota auburn black, mapple trim, head-up display, dynamic drive, active steering, adaptive xenon headlights (auto levelling) with headlight washers, alarm, comfort seats with massage function, advanced A/C, big compartment armrest, aux-in, MP3, Logic 7, Radio PRO, CD in-dash+cd changer, power rear sunshades, rear airbags, park distance control, auto dimming folding mirrors, smoking package, shiny shadow line (individual), fold down rear seats, ski bag, sport suspension, run flats on �116-style� rims (Good Year NCT5+), cup holders, debadged, fire extinguishers, additional permanent power outlet, BMW coat hanger, trunk release button (installed by Hobi), GPS tracking device and a big thx 2 Iceman. Mods done: � Authentic HAMANN FRONT APRON Including ellipsoid fog lights Item-No.: 10 060 110 � Authentic HAMANN REAR SPOILER Item-No.: 10 060 130, � Authentic HAMANN HAMANN ALUMINIUM PEDALS For cars with manual gearbox Item-No.: 80 099 100 81,00 For cars with automatic transmission Item-No.: 80 099 120 � Authentic HAMANN FOOT REST In aluminium For left-hand drive vehicles Item No. : 80 099 122 � Authentic HAMANN HAND-BRAKE LEVER In aluminium For left- and right-hand drive cars Item No. : 80 099 216 � Authentic HAMANN Idrive of alu (sorry this is the only one in the World) but you can have it in carbon fiber , � Authentic HAMANN EXCLUSIVE FLOORMAT SET In black with HAMANN logo in silver For left-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 120 For right-hand drive cars Item-No. : 80 060 � Authentic HAMANN COVER FOR OIL FILLER CAP In aluminium Item-No.: 80 099 117 � Authentic HAMANN SPORT REAR MUFFLER 4 TAILPIPES Sport rear muffler with four round stainless-steel tailpipes ( � 76mm ) Item-No.: 50 060 111 � Authentic HAMANN new add-on for M pack rear with diffusor for quad pipes -AVAILABLE NOW (http://forums.e60.net/index.php?act=ST&f=22&t=30630&st=0#entry332409) � ///M steering wheel w Pegasus logo (this will be also changed to three spoke sports) � ///M pack rear � HAMANN ECU upgrade 265 HP 608 Nm. most improtant: �real and working like a charm forumsbuy real LED tails and PIAA 4700k fogs!!! for HAMANN full front apron you need H3 � CustomAngels, Angel Eyes Brighter than stocks 10X, WHITE & (REd for shows). � Authentic HAMANN LIGHT-ALLOY WHEELS DESIGN EDITION RACE 20" Ultra-light forged 3-pieced light-alloy wheel, Cross-spoke-design,Spider in black, titanium, screwing,polished flange DIMENSIONS : 9.0 J x 20 FA Item No.: 91 207 315 10.5 J x 20 only RA Item No.: 91 207 625 Recommended 20" Complete Wheel Set DESIGN EDITION RACE I went with most aggressive Combination A.10 FA 9.0 J x 20 / RA 10.5 J x 20 with tires: FA 245/30 ZR 20 / RA 285/25 ZR 20 � Authentic HAMANN LOWERING KIT 4 progressive sport springs Lowering by approx. 40 mm FA, 20 mm RA Item-No.: 20 060 125 � Authentic HAMANN TIRE - PRESSURE CHECK SENSOR SYSTEM � Authentic HAMANN SIDE SILLS Item-No.: 10 060 120 � Authentic HAMANN REAL CF ROOF SPOLIER Item-No.: 10 060 235 � Authentic HAMANN AIRBAG SPORT STEERING WHEEL 3-SPOKE Three-spoke design w their SMG paddles (For assembly O.E. airbag in exchange) � Authentic HAMANN sports mirrors (all functions) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and of course !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! E60.net Clings Still to do list;-): � Our Hobi's camera system from : ww.switchchange.com). � Individual leather interior (auburn+auburn alcantara)... and drive with sheer drivin' pleasure ... until 2009/2010 F10 comes or E60 possibly a 540d V8 diesel early in 2009 badly juiced!

pretty much I WUD SEW HIS A$$ off -as a lawyer

secondly go back and rec it on a tape
than go to the mager and BMW NA

kick his A$$

<span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>BUT GUYS WITH TERRORISM DO NOT PLAY FUCKING JOKES, ok?</span>THX

It is enogh of them, NYC London ...

Originally Posted by Alpine545' date='Aug 3 2005, 11:55 PM
Last week, I brought my 545i for service including an iDrive CIP update (now have version 18.x).

Went to go pick it up on Monday. Everything seemed fine until I tried to enable my Bluetooth. I went to the communication menu and clicked where you check enable bluetooth, but it would not check. I went upstairs with one of the SA's where work is performed on the vehicles. They reset the TCU (Telematics Control Unit) and told me that when I leave the dealership, my car will see the satellite and it will enable all telecommunication services including the bluetooth. This of course was not the case, just away to get me out of there face until next time because it was past closing time. So... I drive my 75 mile trip back to NJ.

Next day.. I call my SA inform him of the situation. He tells me to bring it back... I brought it back the next day. I get a call from my SA at around 2PM. He tells me I need a new TCU. He said he will order it overnight from Germany. I say ok. He told me to come pick up a loaner car. I go to pick up a loaner car, then he asks me for my driver license. I give it to him and he tells me that I cant have a loaner because I am under 25. The a$$hole was so stupid. I am 19, and dont look anywhere near 25... thats another trip to the dealer. So now I was about to take my car home and bring it 2 days later when the TCU is supposed to arrive at the dealership. Then the service foreman comes downstairs and starts talking to me. He mentioned that the TCU's are in stock and had he been given the orderes to install one? that day it wouldve all been done.

Today, I bring my car in again to install the TCU which was in stock all day tuesday and couldve been done on tuesday. I go to argue with the service manager Phil Devernsky (di*k) for a compensation for my unnecessary trips back and forth to New Jersey. He kept refusing but I did not quit arguing for 15 minutes when he told me.. "I refuse to work on your car" then he chirped the foreman on his Nextel and told him to bring my car down and not to perform any work on the car... I was freaking out.. He tells me to leave the dealership and never come back again. I then said OK, f**k the compensation, just do the work on the car. He refused. He then threatened to tow my car to an impound if i dont take it right now. I gave up and left.

WHAT DO I DO?
[snapback]155761[/snapback]

Quick Reply: I want to BLOW UP BMW OF MANHATTAN!