Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.
View Poll Results: Take care to select your correct region please.....
Yes - UK ONLY
15.63%
No - UK ONLY
15.63%
Yes - Rest of Europe ONLY
3.13%
No - Rest of Europe ONLY
3.13%
Yes - USA / Canada ONLY
34.38%
No - USA / Canada ONLY
28.13%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Happy with your Main Dealer ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 12:29 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: E60 530d M-Sport

The poll was mainly to assertain if my expectations were :

1. Unreasonable

2. My experiences an isolated case

3. How the rest of the world compares or if its just the UK with terrible BMW Service ( if indeed the poll shows what im starting to believe )

If your serious Howitzer then sure...........but from me, no, I had not intended to do that as I am not aware of any such things, if its a sarcastic comment with a bit of fun at my expense im sorry it went over my head
Old 02-11-2009, 03:48 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d

Originally Posted by Phantom Mark' post='790173' date='Feb 11 2009, 09:29 AM
The poll was mainly to assertain if my expectations were :

1. Unreasonable

2. My experiences an isolated case

3. How the rest of the world compares or if its just the UK with terrible BMW Service ( if indeed the poll shows what im starting to believe )

If your serious Howitzer then sure...........but from me, no, I had not intended to do that as I am not aware of any such things, if its a sarcastic comment with a bit of fun at my expense im sorry it went over my head
I think its a great poll. I have to agree with you on one thing.. In UK the customer service of these large dealerships are TERRIBLE. its like we owe them a favour. I never get this sad attitude from other BMW dealers in different countries. Its either the idiots they hire (much like the idiots at the top) or we as a nation have thrown our once high standards away.

My Best experience with a BMW dealership has been in a little country called Brunei. They bend backwards to make sure the I the customer am always happy. Thats going back a few years though but in UK, Radford BMW has been the closest IMO.

cheers
Old 02-11-2009, 10:14 AM
Senior Members

John Clark in Aberdeen absolute clowns and rip off merchants They were going to charge me nearly ?300 to clean out my boot ( long story ) and plug in 4 connections AND they were going to charge me twice for the same thing with different part numbers. Some of the parts guys are good though.
Old 02-11-2009, 02:47 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535d

Originally Posted by paulmc' post='790491' date='Feb 11 2009, 07:14 PM
John Clark in Aberdeen absolute clowns and rip off merchants They were going to charge me nearly ?300 to clean out my boot ( long story ) and plug in 4 connections AND they were going to charge me twice for the same thing with different part numbers. Some of the parts guys are good though.
Thanks. At least we which dealer not to go in aberdeen.

Even if the parts guys are good, it doesnt really matter cause the rest of the outfit is total crap. Sort ofputs me off the dealership.

cheers
Old 02-11-2009, 02:53 PM
Senior Members

I spilled milk in my boost and fried the Micro Power Module. The parts at the bottom of the quote are the same, one is the old part number and one is the new part number. So they were going to charge me twice for the same bit.
Attached Thumbnails Happy with your Main Dealer ?-scan0006.jpg  
Old 02-11-2009, 05:10 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Mini Cooper

I can not vote :thumbsdown:
coz you did not put in Asia dealer.
But I say yes I am happy with them on service but not on there price.
So after the 2 year warranty I don't go back to them, the 3rd party services are 50% cheaper
Old 02-21-2009, 08:13 AM
Contributors

i only have experiance of the parts side of things and Barrons of Farnborough are very good, they are helpfull and quick, i never use main dealers for mechanical work because of 1 very simple fact....
FACT the main dealers never put an experianced technition on your car unless its a difficult job...FACT, the new boy/trainee/YTS lad gets to work on your car, this is not speculation, its fact as i have quite a few connections in the motor trade and all say the same thing..they will not free up an experianced tech for servicing or "minor" repairs, these are all done by the trainees.
the tech's are busy with the meat and gravy stuff.
i always use good indipendants, they have more of a reputation to maintain, and care more about there work because its "there" business and they dont just work for some name.

just my oppinion. (fact )
Old 03-03-2009, 11:55 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E60 530d M-Sport

Well we let this run a little now, interesting results, seems like BMW dealers worldwide are not really much better and that its not just the UK that has lousy service.........