Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Dealer said no loaner if I did not buy from them...

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 06:53 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2005 530i - Alpine white with auburn interior; tip, xenon, pdc, sirius, prem, cold weather, red reflectors and xpel.

While it is unfortunate for you, I understand the dealer's viewpoint. My dealer only provides loaners to people who have bought their cars from them. They view it as an amenity that has a real cost to them. They are also the smallest dealer in the market and they are never the lowest cost option. They do, however, service a lot of cars not purchased by them, due to their excellent service (high CSI compared to competitors). They only have so many loaners, and need to allocate them in some manner. I think its only appropriate they have that policy versus a 1st come basis.

It may be in BMW's best interest to provide loaners to all customers, but if that is the case they need to mandate it and more than likely pickup a greater share of the costs of doing so.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:26 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 545i (SMG) Titanium Gray Black Interior, Anthracite Trim M-tech kit Sport Package Premium Sound Satellite Radio Active Cruise Comfort Seats Navigation Folding rear seats

The best service I've ever seen was at Lexus of Charleston, in South Carolina.

The worst service I've ever seen was at Lexus of Orlando.

Same brand.... polar opposite experiences.

Just goes to show.... it's all up to the dealers. The brand of car has nothing to do with it.
Old 07-07-2006, 08:44 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Originally Posted by subterFUSE' post='307972' date='Jul 7 2006, 11:26 AM
Just goes to show.... it's all up to the dealers. The brand of car has nothing to do with it.
Very true, but I think you see a more consistent level of service from other luxury brands like Lexus because the car company keeps the pressure on the dealer. Note I say more consistent, not always better. I'm sure there are those who have had bad experiences at a Lexus dealer. BMW seems to do little in response to poor service from individual dealers
Old 07-07-2006, 06:39 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i sports pkg, premium pkg,HUD,NAV,comfort seats, power rear shade, premium sound

I have the same issue getting a loaner in Knoxville, TN and Grayson BMW is the only dealer for over 90 miles. The only good thing about this dealer is that they have a HOTT service advisor. They are pretty lame at every other thing except hiring good looking employees. The Lexus and Infiniti dearler out here both provided loaners and wash your car at the end of each service visit. I even had Lexus appologize to me before for not getting my car washed before I got there to pick it up and I was an hour early, they even gave me a coupon for a free wash whenever I wanted. I think that if you spend over sixty thousand for a car no matter where you buy anyone affiliated should at very least try and make you comfortable while you are inconveinced for warranty work
that is not your fault.