Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

BMW WILL YOU buy again??

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 11:59 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HI, EVERYONE THIS IS A GREAT FORUM
I appreciate all the help and advice.
Not to be rude but after going through the forum every now and then
I am scared to repurchase a BMW.
They are nice but having oil leaks and defects and other problems with low mile and new cars
something is not right!?
I would like to read how this discussion goes.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:07 PM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

I'm on my second E60 and I look forward to moving to the F10 when my lease expires in late October...
Old 01-31-2010, 12:09 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 550i, Mystic Blue over Auburn, 6-Manual, Sports, Premium, Cold Weather, Logic 7, Nav, Sirius, MTec Front & Sides with M5 rear apron, VIS Penta carbon fiber vented hood, OEM M166s, (or Style 101M with winter 19 Blizzaks), BMW Blue Calipers, Custom Quad Exhaust and M5 side grills, trunk finisher and spoiler. Rogue Octane SSK/WSR and Zeckhausen CDV, BMW illuminated shift knob, Delivered 4/26/06 - Ordered 3/18/06 from Otto's (the Best) BMW Dealership.

Absolutely I'll buy again IF they continue to make 50:50 weight distribution and manual transmissions. These cars are at least as good a build quality as any other and my dealer is fantastic- so if you're in the 4 year warranty you've got nothing to worry about and they should sort out the car before expiration. I continue to sample other makes including the other Germans and nothing runs like these cars.

I can even forgive the no dipstick change (but really miss a true LSD).

Hang in there- IMHO.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:32 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by 08528ibeemr
They are nice but having oil leaks and defects and other problems with low mile and new cars
something is not right!?
My E60 never caused any problems.Only regular maintenance was done. Never had any issues (knock on wood). Never paid a dime on it. I love it and hate to let it go
Old 01-31-2010, 02:13 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

I'm on my third bimmer, and yes I will buy another bimmer. Oil leaks? no problem with it, I drive my car at least 125000 miles before I change it, I'm half way on my current one and non of them have any oil leaks, dry as a bone.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:31 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2006 525XI, Jet black on Dakota beige. Premium and winter packages. I consider myself a purist and intend to keep my car absolutely stock and shiny. 2008 328I Convertible, Sapphire black on beige interior. Premium package, NAV, iPod adapter. Retired: 2002 325I, Titanium silver on black leather. Premium package. Absolutely stock and proud of it.

I'm on my third BMW and have never experienced oil leaks. I get rid of them after 8 years, usually around 130K miles. I will buy again only if I can find a model without RFTs.
Old 01-31-2010, 02:56 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550i sport

Originally Posted by 08528ibeemr
something is not right!?
I'm on my 3rd BMW, and first E60. I can't see how I would ever be content with driving anything but a BMW for the foreseeable future.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '07 530iSport PackageLuxury Packagemore to come

About the same for me. I'm on my third BMW as well and never any real problem with oil leaks. I did have to replace the valve cover gasket on my '98 M3 at about 140,000 miles though if that counts.
I will definitely buy another BMW if my budget allows it. I'll be on SS, retired, when it's time to get a new car.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:27 PM
Members

My Ride: 2007 530i Olivine Green w/ Beige leather interior, 6 spd manual, premium package, comfort access, cold weather package, heated rear seats. 2005 Acura MDX Touring Sage Brush Pearl w/ NAV, running boards, roof rack 1993 325is Calypso Red w/ Parchment leather interior, 5 spd manual. (Sold Nov 06)

I'm on my second BMW. Drove a 325is for 14 years and never had anything leak. I had to replace the muffler and water pump, but those expenses came at the 13 year point...When the time comes to replace my E60, I'm heading to BMW to buy another 5 series.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:29 PM
Contributors

My previous car was an Infiniti and I have to say I've never enjoyed a car more than I have my BMW. Yes, I will get another.

Quick Reply: BMW WILL YOU buy again??