Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

BMW of North America Dropped the Ball...BIGTIME!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 10:58 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well here is the situation, Back in July '05 I picked up my Special Order '06(Waited 3 months), and for '06 Maple Anthracite was a NO COST option and I ordered it. Well when I picked up my car I was so excited it finally came I didn't pay close attention to the wood(it was dark outside), from there I got Married 2 weeks later so everything was moving so fast, I never noticed that wood trim was "Dark Wood Trim" and not "Anthracite Maple". Just after the wedding & Honeymoon I went to the dealer and seen a 5 Series that had the Anthracite Maple and Immediately thought to myself "Hey Mine doesn't look like that at all". So I went back and looked on the sticker for my car and it says "Dark Wood Trim", I flipped!

I called the Dealer that I ordered from right away, spoke with the Sales Mgr. who put the order through and said "Hey whats going on here, I don't have what I ordered". So when he looked up the order it said it was ordered with Dark wood and Not Anthracite, and I told him that the "Paper that I faxed over when I ordered my car clearly says Anthracite Maple", obviously someone on the dealers end made a mistake. He then tells me that he will Look into it and call me back, this was on August 31. So 2 Days Later on Friday, I call back and leave a message for him to check in on the status.

So a week passes and No Call back, so on Sept. 9(the next Friday), I call again, and again I am directed to his Voicemail so I leave another Message. This goes on for 6 weeks, yes 6 Weeks, Every Friday I would call(and its not like its his day off, he is there) and leave a messages. I didn't get a call or anything I mean nothing. So now it's Friday October 21th and Still nothing, I leave yet another message(I have left 7 so far) and this time I tell him in the message that:

"This is UNBELIEVABLE, I would think I am dealing with Kia with this level of service, I mean not even a call to say anything? I have left Numerous messages for you and you can't even call me back. Peter I do not want to escalate this Further and would like to take care of this at a Dealer Level but with no call back I will have to contact the higher ups at BMW of NA, please let's get this issue resolved."

Well as I thought NO CALL BACK! Well at this point I took my car for a service to a closer dealership and it was in their Service dept. for over a month because my Airbag light came on and the sensor for the seat wasn't available because I had ordered ventilated seats with out Comfort so the part didn't exist and had to get specially made and sent over. So you can imagine at this point I am upset to the extreme. So finally the part comes in and the Rep from BMW felt that it was in service for so long that I wanted BMW to buy my car back, which I possibly would have but I would have to wait another 3 months to order and get it, so I did not pursue that avenue.

So after I get my car back finally in December 12th I call BMWNA to bring them up to speed with the Dash Trim situation and the fact that my car was at the dealer for nearly a month and a half. When I called BMWNA I was already SO FED UP with everthing I told the lady helping me out with everything what happended with the Sales Mgr. at the dealership and How I called him and left him 7 or 8 messages with not even a return call, she was shocked to say the least and I also told her that:

"I have a letter here that I am going to have Hand Delivered to the CEO of BMWNA via a Special Courier, I am so upset with how everything has been going I don't mind spending $200 to have this letter Hand Delivered to him, but I will hold off on sending the letter if you can get this entire issue resolved." She said that she will Take care of it Immediately and was Extremely apologetic, so I am thinking "wow they really care, I am finally getting this issued resolved". Right after I hung up the phone with her she said she was going to call the dealership.

Surprisingly she called back in 20 mins only to say the the Sales Mgr. wasn't there and that she will contact him the very next day and get it resolved for me. I was like this is great. I wait and what do you know NO CALL BACK, this time from BMWNA! So I call her back and leave a Voicemail the next week which was Close to Christmas at this point, and of course NO CALL, even after I told her again I wold send the letter to the CEO.

Then on January 2, 2006 someone Hits the front of my car in Santa Monica and it has been in Beverly Hills Auto Body for 2 months now and still not complete(this of course has nothing to do with BMWNA, but rather shows you the constant Drama I have been through and still going through). At this point I don't even know what to do, all I wanted was what I ordered which was Anthracite Maple, but it's like everyone is dodging the issue. I feel that BMWNA should in addition to giving me the Maple Anthracite that I ordered, accomodate me somehow for all of this.

Sorry for the really long Post but I am hoping someone may be able to help me with what I should do at this point, maybe BMWNA can chime in...oh wait I am sure if they read this they will dodge it again. I had better service with VW of America, this is BMW isn't it??

Peace
Old 03-01-2006, 11:19 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Currently: (3/1/06) 2002 530i black on black prem, sport, cold, xenon.

Originally Posted by Rix Mix' post='247965' date='Mar 1 2006, 02:58 PM
Well here is the situation, Back in July '05 I picked up my Special Order '06(Waited 3 months), and for '06 Maple Anthracite was a NO COST option and I ordered it. Well when I picked up my car I was so excited it finally came I didn't pay close attention to the wood(it was dark outside), from there I got Married 2 weeks later so everything was moving so fast, I never noticed that wood trim was "Dark Wood Trim" and not "Anthracite Maple". Just after the wedding & Honeymoon I went to the dealer and seen a 5 Series that had the Anthracite Maple and Immediately thought to myself "Hey Mine doesn't look like that at all". So I went back and looked on the sticker for my car and it says "Dark Wood Trim", I flipped!

I called the Dealer that I ordered from right away, spoke with the Sales Mgr. who put the order through and said "Hey whats going on here, I don't have what I ordered". So when he looked up the order it said it was ordered with Dark wood and Not Anthracite, and I told him that the "Paper that I faxed over when I ordered my car clearly says Anthracite Maple", obviously someone on the dealers end made a mistake. He then tells me that he will Look into it and call me back, this was on August 31. So 2 Days Later on Friday, I call back and leave a message for him to check in on the status.

So a week passes and No Call back, so on Sept. 9(the next Friday), I call again, and again I am directed to his Voicemail so I leave another Message. This goes on for 6 weeks, yes 6 Weeks, Every Friday I would call(and its not like its his day off, he is there) and leave a messages. I didn't get a call or anything I mean nothing. So now it's Friday October 21th and Still nothing, I leave yet another message(I have left 7 so far) and this time I tell him in the message that:

"This is UNBELIEVABLE, I would think I am dealing with Kia with this level of service, I mean not even a call to say anything? I have left Numerous messages for you and you can't even call me back. Peter I do not want to escalate this Further and would like to take care of this at a Dealer Level but with no call back I will have to contact the higher ups at BMW of NA, please let's get this issue resolved."

Well as I thought NO CALL BACK! Well at this point I took my car for a service to a closer dealership and it was in their Service dept. for over a month because my Airbag light came on and the sensor for the seat wasn't available because I had ordered ventilated seats with out Comfort so the part didn't exist and had to get specially made and sent over. So you can imagine at this point I am upset to the extreme. So finally the part comes in and the Rep from BMW felt that it was in service for so long that I wanted BMW to buy my car back, which I possibly would have but I would have to wait another 3 months to order and get it, so I did not pursue that avenue.

So after I get my car back finally in December 12th I call BMWNA to bring them up to speed with the Dash Trim situation and the fact that my car was at the dealer for nearly a month and a half. When I called BMWNA I was already SO FED UP with everthing I told the lady helping me out with everything what happended with the Sales Mgr. at the dealership and How I called him and left him 7 or 8 messages with not even a return call, she was shocked to say the least and I also told her that:

"I have a letter here that I am going to have Hand Delivered to the CEO of BMWNA via a Special Courier, I am so upset with how everything has been going I don't mind spending $200 to have this letter Hand Delivered to him, but I will hold off on sending the letter if you can get this entire issue resolved." She said that she will Take care of it Immediately and was Extremely apologetic, so I am thinking "wow they really care, I am finally getting this issued resolved". Right after I hung up the phone with her she said she was going to call the dealership.

Surprisingly she called back in 20 mins only to say the the Sales Mgr. wasn't there and that she will contact him the very next day and get it resolved for me. I was like this is great. I wait and what do you know NO CALL BACK, this time from BMWNA! So I call her back and leave a Voicemail the next week which was Close to Christmas at this point, and of course NO CALL, even after I told her again I wold send the letter to the CEO.

Then on January 2, 2006 someone Hits the front of my car in Santa Monica and it has been in Beverly Hills Auto Body for 2 months now and still not complete(this of course has nothing to do with BMWNA, but rather shows you the constant Drama I have been through and still going through). At this point I don't even know what to do, all I wanted was what I ordered which was Anthracite Maple, but it's like everyone is dodging the issue. I feel that BMWNA should in addition to giving me the Maple Anthracite that I ordered, accomodate me somehow for all of this.

Sorry for the really long Post but I am hoping someone may be able to help me with what I should do at this point, maybe BMWNA can chime in...oh wait I am sure if they read this they will dodge it again. I had better service with VW of America, this is BMW isn't it??

Peace

I'd suggest going to dealership you bought the car from and deal with the sales manager face to face. At least he could not avoid you and you would have some recourse before escalating to BMWNA.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:24 AM
Members

wmbii, I guess I forgot to mention that I also went down there to speak to him and I waited for almost an hour(can you believe that) then after I said to the receptionist that this is crazy to wait this long for him, she kept saying he is very very busy. I then walked into the sales Office directly and the guys in there told me that Peter had JUST left for the day. I was shocked! Since then I vowed never to step foot in Allison BMW in Mountain View again.

Peace
Old 03-01-2006, 11:36 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i Xenon, Sport, Premium, Automatic, Logic 7, Orient Blue & Auburn Dakota Leather with Dark Poplar Wood Trim

Originally Posted by Rix Mix' post='247965' date='Mar 1 2006, 02:58 PM

You said you never noticed! It's true they made a mistake and that shouldn't happen. Talk to the general manager and see if you can get some credit or free service for the mistake. Also been honest I think the dark wood looks nicer too
Old 03-01-2006, 11:54 AM
Members

That's true that I never noticed at first and didn't focus my attention on it because it was dark and I assumed that something like this detail would not have got messed up, but when I seen that Anthracite trim at the dealer, I Noticed it Immediately and realized that Mine was wrong and that same day I Called the Dealer to fix it and then the saga begins
Old 03-01-2006, 11:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 X5 xDrive 5.0 M Package Carbon Black Metallic/2008 M Roadster Imola Red

I would forget about the anthracite and get on with my life. You did not realize you didn't have it at the outset. And, you were happy until then. I would go back to the happy-with-my car state. And, I would change dealers. Finally, note that you can't, I assume, prove that your FAX said antracite. What you are going through is not worth it for a different wood. All the wood trims look good given reasonable color matches. And, I am sure your color match is reasonable or you would have noticed at the outset.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:59 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2015 535D M Sport

Rix Mix, I am confused. You said:

"Well at this point I took my car for a service to a closer dealership and it was in their Service dept. for over a month because my Airbag light came on and the sensor for the seat wasn't available because I had ordered ventilated seats with out Comfort so the part didn't exist and had to get specially made and sent over. "

Why would you let the car sit all that time at the dealer just because the airbag light was on? It's not as though that problem is critical to it's operation, right? Why not just drive it until the part shows up?
Old 03-01-2006, 12:04 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by gwf545' post='248013' date='Mar 1 2006, 04:59 PM
Rix Mix, I am confused. You said:

"Well at this point I took my car for a service to a closer dealership and it was in their Service dept. for over a month because my Airbag light came on and the sensor for the seat wasn't available because I had ordered ventilated seats with out Comfort so the part didn't exist and had to get specially made and sent over. "

Why would you let the car sit all that time at the dealer just because the airbag light was on? It's not as though that problem is critical to it's operation, right? Why not just drive it until the part shows up?

I guess I have a shorter fuse. I would have gone non-linear the 2nd day the sales idiot didn't return my call.

I would have gone over his head the next day.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:26 PM
Senior Members

OMG, I just lost 5 minutes of my life reading this....
Really, complaints never work, if you want something done - do it yourself.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E61 530d Touring, May 2004

Get real - there are a lot more important things that could have gone wrong to suggest "dropped the ball big time".

Quick Reply: BMW of North America Dropped the Ball...BIGTIME!!