Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

BMW of North America Dropped the Ball...BIGTIME!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 07:14 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Znod - Yes I didn't notice it in the begining cause that probably was the craziest time of my life, I bought my car July 18, Closed escrow on our New House July 29, and got Married August 5, Honey Moon August 8-15, I noticed it a few days later when I went to the dealer and Seen the other Trim that I had ordered on another 5 series, that's why I never noticed this in the begining.

gwf545 - The Dealer would not realease the car due to the fact there was a safety issue with the Passenger airbag and they said it wouldn't deploy due to Seat sensor malfunction, so being that the safety of my wife(Usually the Passanger) is very important to me I was not about to take a risk like that(Oddly enough I had an accident 1 month later)

TexaZ3 - Thanks for your constructive post... Here I am looking to fellow e60 owners for help and suggestions and to you it's "Wasting your life" to read this, so don't bother wasting anymore of your time and maybe continue to provide helpful posts in a different thread. :thumbsdown:

Rudy - The order mishap and the Service issue are not related, I mentioned that to show the timeline of events

Doug_999 - Well prior to MY06 you had to order Comfort seats & Nasca leather to get ventilated seats, well in MY06 this changed, and the new requirements for Ventilated seats became Premium Package and Nasca Leather. The reason you need Premium, because in that package you get Lumbar support which is needed.

Peace
Old 03-01-2006, 07:24 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Rix Mix, you have lots of patience. That's your virtue. NOW, go kick some ass at that dealership and give them a hard time for the sake of doing so.

Don't be a Mr. Nice Guy with those idiots. You'll just waste your time. Ask for some compensation, and if the GM won't do anything, tell them to eat your money, get fat, and die.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:41 PM
Members

I ordered my 2000 323i through Allison BMW, and they screwed up my order too by leaving out the Xenon headlights. They weren't interested in compensating me, until I told them I could just not take posession of the car. My salesman was a total ditz.

However since then Allison has changed hands and is now Mountain View BMW. Service seems better (as are prices), and I'm just ordering my 2007 530i through them.

Originally Posted by Rix Mix' post='247980' date='Mar 1 2006, 12:24 PM
wmbii, I guess I forgot to mention that I also went down there to speak to him and I waited for almost an hour(can you believe that) then after I said to the receptionist that this is crazy to wait this long for him, she kept saying he is very very busy. I then walked into the sales Office directly and the guys in there told me that Peter had JUST left for the day. I was shocked! Since then I vowed never to step foot in Allison BMW in Mountain View again.

Peace
Old 03-01-2006, 08:41 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Sapphire Black on Black M5 - loaded sans soft close doors

Originally Posted by Rix Mix' post='248277' date='Mar 1 2006, 10:14 PM
Doug_999 - Well prior to MY06 you had to order Comfort seats & Nasca leather to get ventilated seats, well in MY06 this changed, and the new requirements for Ventilated seats became Premium Package and Nasca Leather. The reason you need Premium, because in that package you get Lumbar support which is needed.

Peace
Wow, everything I have ever seen still shows that Comfort Seats are required - amazing that little details like this still get by us on this board.

If it makes you feel any better, the Anthracite wood has vertical stripes to it -that seems unnatural to me. I like the wood you got better.

I would call the dealer and say that you want X in return for the mess up. X could be all season floor mats, iPOD connector, or something else - you decide. Meet them half way and then make them throw something in for ignoring you for so long. Having them switch out the wood probably won't happen - so make the best of it with one of the suggestions above.
Old 03-01-2006, 11:02 PM
KAF
Contributors

My Ride: F11 535i M-Sport,, Silver, Black Leather, LED Adaptive headlights
Model Year: 2015
Engine: N55

I wish I had only had this problem when my car arrived.
I ordered an 530D auto > the dealers got me a manual !!

Surprisingly , I noticed the difference and told them to keep the car.

Went and got what I wanted elsewhere.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:43 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Alpine White/Biege 545i, CWP, Nav, Active Steering, Auto Step ordered 2/1/05

Rix mix, if it makes you feel any better, my service department does not return calls either :thumbsdown:
When it comes to the Toyota dealership my wife takes her SUV to, they are incredibly prompt to return all calls. There's usually a warm blooded individual available to take your call and if there is isn't one available, all phone calls are returned the same day. Go figure.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:02 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2004 545i - 6 speed manual (July 04 build), silver-grey/black, sports package std equipment (18", active roll, active steering, adaptive headlights), premium sound, bluetooth enabled, folding rear seat, lumbar, 3m hood/bumper protective film, rear tint, euro reflectors.

A tough situation, but if you want things done your way, you have to use a little negotiating power. You are in a tough situation, since you did not notice it at delivery. Secondly, when you state your case, you have to have your documentation that proves, here is what you ordered.

I would agree with your situation regarding your dealer - you should have better service. I have with mine from the sales department and the serivce department.

Secondly, I don't think you can totally blame BMWNA. First of all, who orders a $60k car by fax? Secondly, you are dealing with sales people that may make a mistake. Did you not have a confirmation of your order? What did you sign for? Did you not check your order on-line?

I think you have to collect your data, sit down with your dealer and show the info. I am sure that the trim can be replaced. Depending on who is really at fault, you may have to pay some. If they are really at fault, then they should cover the cost of replacing it.

Face-to-Face with the facts and not the emotions is the way to handle the situation.

Good Luck.

BTW, I am partial to the Dark Maple, I think it makes the interior look more refined.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:14 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: '04 545iS 6 spd, bought new via eBay, 11/05; Blk/Gry, Cold, L7, PDC, BMW Rear seatcover for pets. First "Bumwa" was a new 1971 2002. High performance 5s since 1987. Beamer motorcycles too, currently on an 07 BMW K1200 GT; also a Moto Guzzi 1000 SP III.

I hope BMWNA is reading this too...

For your sake, I'd suggest using a lawyer.

Cheers,
Ray Hull
Old 03-02-2006, 09:39 AM
Members

My Ride: 2010 550i M Sport Package - Alpine White/Blk Nasca Leather, Premium hi-fi system, Sat Radio, Nav, Cold Weather Package, Value Package, Shift Paddles, Comfort Access keyless entry, Power rear Sunshade, Front Ventilated seats, Split fold-down rear seats, Heated rear seats, Automatic high beams

Originally Posted by Keith Farrow' post='248331' date='Mar 2 2006, 03:02 AM
I wish I had only had this problem when my car arrived.
I ordered an 530D auto > the dealers got me a manual !!

Surprisingly , I noticed the difference and told them to keep the car.

Went and got what I wanted elsewhere.
LOL! When I did my ED I made sure the car was manual (spoke with SA numerous times).
MBW circle did not indicate the car being manual (my most important option ).
This drove me crazy until I saw her for the first time in Munich.
Old 03-02-2006, 10:22 AM
Members

I think if this was me I would call BMWNA and let the person know that I will give them one shot to help me resolve the issue in a freidnly manner. ONE SHOT. IF they fail then I would let them know that it would be my mission in life to absolutely ruin their or one of their co workers days every single day until I get it resolved. This isn't that hard. They need to take your car in and give you a loaner while they swap out the wood panels. Geez. I have noticed that people in California have a horrible time dealing with car dealerships. This goes for BMW, Porsche, and Mercedes. Everyone seems to be non customer friendly and out to screw the customer on every issue.

Quick Reply: BMW of North America Dropped the Ball...BIGTIME!!