Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

BMW of North America Dropped the Ball...BIGTIME!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 12:41 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i 6 speed

How do you dare to bother BMW NA or your dealer with such petty issues.......they have your money, so you loose

I knwo this is not helpful, but thats the way most companies work these days.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:48 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by TexaZ3' post='248029' date='Mar 1 2006, 05:26 PM
OMG, I just lost 5 minutes of my life reading this....
Really, complaints never work, if you want something done - do it yourself.

I think they are making a movie out of this one. BMW chronicles.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:55 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Veight' post='248048' date='Mar 1 2006, 05:48 PM
I think they are making a movie out of this one. BMW chronicles.
HAHA, good one!
Old 03-01-2006, 12:55 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Jet Black 545i

This goes to show you, make sure EVERYTHING is what you ordered BEFORE you sign any papers. Once you sign, it's too late.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:52 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: MY05 545i Jet Black with Auburn interior. SMG, Logic7, Sport Package, Comfort Seats, Navigation.

Originally Posted by tomwid' post='248054' date='Mar 1 2006, 03:55 PM
This goes to show you, make sure EVERYTHING is what you ordered BEFORE you sign any papers. Once you sign, it's too late.
I second this suggestion.

If you ordered your car, they should had you sign a bill of sale detailing your order. If you signed without reading it carefully, then you're out of luck. However, if they make a mistake, you then have proof of such act.

I know the dealer wants to avoid you, and thus you're mad. I would be too. Just take your business elsewhere and enjoy you car.
Old 03-01-2006, 02:33 PM
Members

My Ride: 530i Built Nov 06 Silver Grey with Black Leather Steptronic Automatic Tranmission Premium Package Navigation System Sirius Satellite Red Reflectors :-)

After reading this I feel a little bit better because I am not alone with "no call" practice of the dealers. My experience wasn't that bad but I still think any treatment such as this is so unprofessional for any kind of business, left alone BMW.
I'd too forget about the wood trim and enjoy the car. It's just not worth your effort. But I hope BMWNA is aware about the problem and do something to improve customer service especially at the dealerships.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

I wouldn't expect BMW NA to do much at this point. You really should have gone over the Sales Mgr's head at least to the GM or the owner of the dealership. Waiting almost an hour at the dealership for someone who's been avoiding your phone calls doesn't make too much sense when you could've spent that waiting time explaining the situation to someone higher up like the general manager.

Surprisingly, BMW NA does not have too much control over the dealer network. Usually, they will politely explain that the dealers are independently owned and operated then they nicely tell you to go work it out with them.

If you take a step back and look at the big picture, it all boils down to the dealer made a mistake with your order. They should be interested in fixing that mistake by either offering to retrofit the wood you wanted or at least compensate you for the trouble.

As far as the airbag light problem, I understand that you wouldn't want to drive a car that may have a faulty airbag but I see no real connection between the ordering mishap and the problem with service. At least NA did the right thing and offered a buy back on that issue.

Sorry you've had these problems and I understand the frustration but in fairness, these issues taken one at a time really aren't ones to go crazy over...
Old 03-01-2006, 06:07 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 Sapphire Black on Black M5 - loaded sans soft close doors

Ok, HOW did you get ventilated seats without getting comfort seats?
Old 03-01-2006, 06:31 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: Currently: (3/1/06) 2002 530i black on black prem, sport, cold, xenon.

Originally Posted by Rix Mix' post='247980' date='Mar 1 2006, 03:24 PM
wmbii, I guess I forgot to mention that I also went down there to speak to him and I waited for almost an hour(can you believe that) then after I said to the receptionist that this is crazy to wait this long for him, she kept saying he is very very busy. I then walked into the sales Office directly and the guys in there told me that Peter had JUST left for the day. I was shocked! Since then I vowed never to step foot in Allison BMW in Mountain View again.

Peace
You got screwed
Old 03-01-2006, 07:08 PM
dee
Members

My Ride: 05 545i jet blk/blk sports,sound

Just get over it.If you can afford the e60 you can afford a spare set of trim.At least they didn't forget your heated seats.

Quick Reply: BMW of North America Dropped the Ball...BIGTIME!!