Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

BMW Individual?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 09:27 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by wolverine' date='Feb 21 2005, 01:16 PM
[quote name='hinckley' date='Feb 21 2005, 09:40 AM']Here in the US, you cannot get BMW
[snapback]92801[/snapback]
Where did you hear you can't get Individual here in the states? My dealer has told me they can order individual cars if requested. The delivery can take a couple months longer. I specifically asked the question relative to my M5, and they checked and said yes, they can order individual options for me.
[snapback]92842[/snapback]
[/quote]

Wolverine:

Things may have changed, and a lot of us may be speculating or misinterpreting. Also, things may be different country to country. But "BMW Individual" is a very specific set of interor and exterior color, fabric and trim selections. See this BMW website. Click on the "5 Series" link in the middle of the page.
This at least used to be different than ordering special or individual (small "i") colors. Maybe that's changed. If you get more info from your dealer, I'd love to know - some of the "BMW Individual" combos are incredible.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:59 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530ia, saphire black on black dakota leather, steptronic, sports package and premium package; heated front and rear seats, heated steering wheel, auto bixenon headlamps, rain sensor, dynamic drive, active steering, 18" rims, Harman Kardon L7, CD Changer, poplar wood with chrome accent on steering wheel and shifter, build date 10/2003

Im pretty sure you are able to order Individual Packages in NA.
I know in Canada you are able to order Individual upon request. I have seen E60's in dealerships in Vancouver, with extended Leather, multicolor sterring wheels, Alcantara headliner, freaky wood colors, etc...
Its not marketed well on NA websites and showrooms though,
and costs CA$5500 - $9500... (for the full packages i1, i2, and i3)

cheers.
Old 02-21-2005, 10:16 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

Originally Posted by ISUK' date='Feb 21 2005, 12:11 PM
igor,

The black sapphire story sounds fishy to me if a dealer has tried to tell you that. The M sport bodykit is now avaialble as a retrofit kit in the UK so I couldhave it on my sapphire black car if I wanted it. Paint is paint regardles of the colour and sapphire black will stick to the bumper covers just as well as carbon black if correctly prepared.

You've got to laugh at some of the crazy things dealers come out with as quicks fob off excuses to get rid of enquiring customers.
[snapback]92840[/snapback]
ISUK,

It least it looked convincing at that moment. I did not ask for the Black colour at all. I just wanted my favourite Mineral Silver.He was on the phone with BMW, Individual in Munich in my presense. They did not reply on the spot saying they need to check. I was very much surprised.... why? Then my dealer shot up this story. It seems that not all the colours are the same (contentswise maybe) and might stick to different parts of the car differently. If you don't get Black Sapphire only for Sports cars in UK then it might be not too far from the truth. Otherwise I do not understand why you can get other colours for both SE and Sports cars.
Certainly you cud get your kit painted elsewhere in any colour you like but BMW in this case does not bear any responsability for the quality....
Old 02-21-2005, 10:26 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Mystic Blue/Black Leather Type 124 Wheels

The Kit is a M body kit ( though the UK just calls it a sport )

Now M versions have specific colors they always use, Carbon Black is one of them, Saphire is not

You only get Carbon Black on any M kit for its metallic black color

Look at the M5

My dealers body shop confirmed there are no restriction as to what colors they can put on the retrofit kits
Old 02-21-2005, 10:45 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

Originally Posted by E60Speed' date='Feb 21 2005, 01:26 PM
The Kit is a M body kit ( though the UK just calls it a sport )

Now M versions have specific colors they always use, Carbon Black is one of them, Saphire is not

Why?? as other standard ext.colours are still available....?

You only get Carbon Black on any M kit for its metallic black color

Look at the M5

My dealers body shop confirmed there are no restriction as to what colors they can put on the retrofit kits
[snapback]92863[/snapback]
I agree but the question is whether you can get Black Sapphire from the factory for
the car with M body kit provided you are even ready to pay for it as an individual ext.colour....
Old 02-21-2005, 10:57 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by e60beast' date='Feb 21 2005, 01:59 PM
Im pretty sure you are able to order Individual Packages in NA.
I know in Canada you are able to order Individual upon request. I have seen E60's in dealerships in Vancouver, with extended Leather, multicolor sterring wheels, Alcantara headliner, freaky wood colors, etc...

cheers.
[snapback]92852[/snapback]
Wow, sure sounds like the real deal (high cost and all!!).

I know that there's a difference between BMW Canada, Inc. (out of Whitby, ON for the Canadian market) and BMW of North America, LLC (out of Woodcliff Lake, NJ for the US market), but if one is doing it, maybe the other is as well.

Wolverine, hurry up and get more information from your dealer!!
Old 02-21-2005, 03:50 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: '05 545i - scheduled for ED pickup in Munich on 7/22!

There are people in the USA who have been able to order special colors, interiors, etc through BMW Individual. Its just a matter of convincing your dealer to do it for you, because:

1) Its a special request. They'll probably require a large deposit or pay-in-full, in case at the last minute you back out of a weird color combo that no one else would want.

2) Most sales staff do not even know BMW Individual exists. BMW Individual is a subdivision of BMW M in Germany. BMW NA doesn't support or market BMW Individual.

There's a lot of confusion about BMW Individual in the USA, but there's also many people who've done it, especially for M3s. Check out this thread at m3forum for example -
http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread....72&page=1&pp=10
Old 02-22-2005, 04:12 AM

Im going to call my dealer today and find out what they offer for e60 colors thru individual. I am sure majority of BMW dealerships will know about there individual program as they would know such programs as european delivery.
Old 02-22-2005, 06:00 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Guest' date='Feb 22 2005, 08:12 AM
Im going to call my dealer today and find out what they offer for e60 colors thru individual.? I am sure majority of BMW dealerships will know about there individual program as they would know such programs as european delivery.
[snapback]93109[/snapback]
untrue, most dealers do NOT know about this program as BMW NA does NOT support it, there is confusion as well, some dealers will go the extra mile and get you an Individual paint job, but its different than the world wide Individual packages...For $1500-2000, you can get most any color available for paint at the factory...but the dealer takes a risk in this, so they often dont do it, they wont do it for a lease so forget that, its only if you are buying, and it helps if you are a good customer.... good luck...
Old 02-22-2005, 06:57 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by hinckley' date='Feb 21 2005, 01:57 PM
[quote name='e60beast' date='Feb 21 2005, 01:59 PM']Im pretty sure you are able to order Individual Packages in NA.

cheers.
[snapback]92852[/snapback]
Wow, sure sounds like the real deal (high cost and all!!).

I know that there's a difference between BMW Canada, Inc. (out of Whitby, ON for the Canadian market) and BMW of North America, LLC (out of Woodcliff Lake, NJ for the US market), but if one is doing it, maybe the other is as well.

Wolverine, hurry up and get more information from your dealer!!
[snapback]92879[/snapback]
[/quote]

Dealer confirmed they can order anything shown on the BMW individual site, either as a package or individually. It's a 'special order' situation, and will cost $$$'s and take extra time, but it is available. And yes, they will require a nonrefundable downpayment prior to submitting the order.

Quick Reply: BMW Individual?