Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

BMW Individual?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2005, 06:09 AM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 05 530 Titanium Silver/Sexy black

I have seen a FACTORY Laguna M3 with LAGUNA interior. As we all know laguna interior is not your common interior color for M3 as well as any other BMW (as I know of). Bear mind this car was stock with no mods or anything done to it.

Im wondering if BMW individual allows you to have different exterior/interior colors for E60 or was this laguna interior just a fluke? If so, a Laguna E60 or even a Imola red with imola interior would look VERY nice....or very different at least.
Old 02-21-2005, 06:15 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Mystic Blue/Black Leather Type 124 Wheels

Laguna Seca exterior with Laguna Seca Interior was a standard option for the M3 here in the beginning

BMW Individual does have a programme for the E60, but Im not shure what you get in the USA. Check out www.bmw.com and look for Individual
Old 02-21-2005, 06:35 AM
Senior Members

If you do a search on BMW Individual you'll find that it is NOT offered in the US. There is a recent thread on this topic in the other models section of the forum. A red/red E60 would be way over the top IMHO. I have seen an M3 in this colour combo and it looked awful - way too much red. Having said that I've also seen a Laguna seca blue ext/int on an M3 and didn't like that either. That's the beauty of choice though.
Old 02-21-2005, 06:40 AM
Senior Members

Here in the US, you cannot get BMW Individual, but sometimes you can get special order exterior colors or exterior/interior color combinations.

Special order generally runs an extra $1500 - $2000, and needs to be coordinated with your dealer and with BMWNA.

From what I understand, they can (but will not always) get you a car painted in any color used at the factory where the car is built. For example, you may be able to get a 5er in a 7er-only color because they're both built at the same factory, but you could not get a 5er in an X5-only color because they're built in different factories.

FWIW, I also know that they won't do ED with special order color cars - I think because they can't guarantee build-date.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:20 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by hinckley' date='Feb 21 2005, 10:40 AM
Here in the US, you cannot get BMW Individual, but sometimes you can get special order exterior colors or exterior/interior color combinations.

Special order generally runs an extra $1500 - $2000, and needs to be coordinated with your dealer and with BMWNA.?

From what I understand, they can (but will not always) get you a car painted in any color used at the factory where the car is built.? For example, you may be able to get a 5er in a 7er-only color because they're both built at the same factory, but you could not get a 5er in an X5-only color because they're built in different factories.

FWIW, I also know that they won't do ED with special order color cars - I think because they can't guarantee build-date.
[snapback]92801[/snapback]

MmmmM Imola red with red interior E60. Or even that 4.8 x5 blue color.

Imagine those colors on a new m5
Old 02-21-2005, 07:22 AM
Senior Members

if thats the case, what cars are built out of the 5 factory?
Old 02-21-2005, 07:33 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 545i Mystic Blue/Black Leather Type 124 Wheels

Originally Posted by xexyus' date='Feb 21 2005, 11:22 AM
if thats the case, what cars are built out of the 5 factory?
[snapback]92806[/snapback]
Dingolfing

5 +6 + 7 Series

It also makes 3 series if the need arises

Old 02-21-2005, 08:38 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 535D

Originally Posted by hinckley' date='Feb 21 2005, 09:40 AM

Special order generally runs an extra $1500 - $2000, and needs to be coordinated with your dealer and with BMWNA.?

From what I understand, they can (but will not always) get you a car painted in any color used at the factory where the car is built.? For example, you may be able to get a 5er in a 7er-only color because they're both built at the same factory, but you could not get a 5er in an X5-only color because they're built in different factories.

I doubt that you can special order specific BMW colour for that price in US unless BMWNA paints the car themselves. Probably that was in the previous century.
In general in Europe it is possible to get Individual colour through BMW Individual packages programme. The available range of colours you can check on their official website but you will pay for the whole pack(interior+exterior). In case you do not like their ext.colours (which leave much room to be desired IMHO) you can delete the ext.colour from the pack (getting EUR1,900 credit). In UK they provide some more Individual programme colours for the Sports (M-paket) cars.
Otherwise if you want just a specific BMW ext.colour which is not standard or a part of their progarmmes you pay , for example,EUR 3,800 in Germany or EUR 4,370 in
Luxembourg, take it or leave it
The possibility to order a specific colour does not depend much on the models produced at any plant but whether they have been tested an approved by BMW on
this specific serie with your particular outfit.
For example Black Sapphire was not approved by BMW for M-kit due to the specifics of this particular paint. That is why it is only available for non-Mpack cars from the factory, for Mpack cars you can get only Carbon Black accroding to the dealers.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:11 AM
Senior Members

igor,

The black sapphire story sounds fishy to me if a dealer has tried to tell you that. The M sport bodykit is now avaialble as a retrofit kit in the UK so I couldhave it on my sapphire black car if I wanted it. Paint is paint regardles of the colour and sapphire black will stick to the bumper covers just as well as carbon black if correctly prepared.

You've got to laugh at some of the crazy things dealers come out with as quicks fob off excuses to get rid of enquiring customers.
Old 02-21-2005, 09:16 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by hinckley' date='Feb 21 2005, 09:40 AM

Where did you hear you can't get Individual here in the states? My dealer has told me they can order individual cars if requested. The delivery can take a couple months longer. I specifically asked the question relative to my M5, and they checked and said yes, they can order individual options for me.

Quick Reply: BMW Individual?