Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Arrived.... at the dealer

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 12:54 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think they asked 500 EUR for the basic CJ1 installation, so I guess that received a great price.
Old 05-11-2004, 11:37 PM
dvw
Members

I need to check it on my invoice, but I'm pretty sure it was more or less 500 EUR for the CJ1.
I don't have a keypad, I just need to push some buttons in my car in a specific order. And yes, the CJ1 was installed at the dealer before I took delivery. (great service)

About the 124 wheels, the price for these wheels was an extra 2500 EUR.

First short impressions:

530d engine is awesome (even though I think 525d would do as well): even besides the fact I need to stay below 3000 RPM the first 2000km, the (diesel)power is very present.
The car has great handling, and must be very sporty with dynamic drive, but this is well enough for me.
Very quiet and very comfortable feeling inside. (the build quality is really well, although I haven't seen the new A6 on the inside)
Logic7 is magnificient (especially bought a live-concert CD to check this one out.)

Some remarks:
My dealer ordered Voice Control, but forgot to order it in English. (it's German jawohl) <_< , he promised to get this right, he wasn't sure to get this done by software or hardware change)
Another issue (software-issue), when I change CD's in the front CD-player, the player does play (start from nr. 1) , but I do not longer get the playlist under IDRIVE and I cannot change my title (using button on steering wheel nor the next button on my front cd player).
So far these are the only software bugs I found, but I'm pretty sure, being a IT Consultant (part of my job is the auditing of software), I will find many others.

Some extra interior pics, before delivery...
Attached Thumbnails Arrived.... at the dealer-dscn2078.jpg  
Old 05-12-2004, 12:45 AM
Members

Great interior. Can you check something for me?
Is there a free space in front of the transmission?

Here is a free space:

And here's not:

I really don't know why some cars have that free space and others don't.
Maybe you don't have have a free space when you have prof NAV because of the dvd-player under the cd-player?
Old 05-12-2004, 12:55 AM
Contributors

Pro-Nav = No Space
Buisness nav = Space

buisness nav uses the cd audio drive to get its data whereas pro-nav has its own dedicated dvd drive below the cd audio drive. (therefore can leave the nav disc in all the time)
Old 05-12-2004, 03:05 AM
Members

thx......
Old 05-12-2004, 07:25 AM
Senior Members

thanks dvw for your info. 2500 euros is a lot of money for the upgrade on your wheels, i like my 18" 123 very much perhaps i'll spent on something else.
best of luck in sloving the voice control and CD s/w issues, let us know if you find any more 'bugs'.
does you car have those illumiated front door panel compartments (with the red light)?
i also notice you have the tail pipes upgraded to the 545i style, cause i remember the 'd' model have those downward pointing ones right?
great pics and congrats on your gorgeous new machine.
Old 05-12-2004, 07:32 AM
Contributors

Tailpipes

No, diesels built after feb 2004 are now euroIV compliant and therefore have particulate filters.....the benefit to you and me is straight tailpipes and (if you live in the UK, better tax breaks)
Old 05-12-2004, 08:04 AM
Senior Members

dr diesel thanks for the heads up. FMI do you know if the older built e60d can be retrofitted with the filter to benefit from those chrome tailpipes?

i notice on your upcoming car:
1. the television function
2. *automatic Folding mirrors
3. extended interior light package
can you please further detail on these? i dont think these options are available in canada.

*i didn't think you can have those automatic folding mirrors like the e39 m5 can you? cause i love them if i know they exist in europe.

you got titanium grey which was my first preferred choice (the e60 trademark colour), in the end i am settling for silver grey. taking delivery in 2 weeks.
BTW what is titanium grey II?
rollee
Old 05-12-2004, 08:39 AM
Contributors

TV function is a tv tuner so you can have tv on the idrive (not available in north america).

Extended light package in the UK is the wee orange lights in the doors both front and back and puddle lamps built into the underside of the wing mirrors

folding and auto mirrors are autodim glass and and the mirrors can be folded flush to the window electrically (can set this to happen when locking the car)

TV tuner will enable an easy aux video feed also (I'm hoping) for rear screens for the kids!