Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Arrived.... at the dealer

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2004, 01:10 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this @ garage Verstraeten Wachtebeke?
We also ordered our car there. I'm really curieus about the combination silbergrau-beige interior. Is it possible to post some pics where you can see the combination a little better?
Now we changed the color to Orientblue-beige but I really do like the silbergrau so....
Another question: What kind of anti-carjacking did you install? a CJ1? And what company did the installation?

If possible, can you answer directly to my e-mail adress? And you can do it in dutch
Old 05-11-2004, 01:17 AM
Senior Members

dvw - Congrats again with your car!!! Looks awesome too! Are you already driving around?

DVBert - I have a CJ1 installed, my dealer let someone come to their garage to do the install while they were preparing the car for delivery, great service if you ask me.
Old 05-11-2004, 02:09 AM
Members

Yeah that's a great service
Can you tell me what the CJ1 alarm does? We have an E39 with a keypad next to the steering wheel. Each time you want to start the engine, you first have to press a code. Is it something like that?
Old 05-11-2004, 03:11 AM
Senior Members

the car looks great, and the interior and exterior colours look like a nice match-up!
can you show pics of the alarm (if there are parts to see?).

thanks
Old 05-11-2004, 03:34 AM
Senior Members

The CJ1 is an anti-carjacking system. Basically when a door has been opened the driver needs to authenticate him/herself otherwise the car will shutdown. When ordering a CJ1 system you should be able to choose which one you want. You have the basic system that operates with a keypad and/or combination of buttons, or you can get an advanced version that has the same functions + a transmitter that you can keep in your pocket that will do the authentication for you. The only visible part of that system in my car is a keypad in the glovebox where I can input a code as a backup, which only has to be used when both other methods fail for some unknown reason.
Old 05-11-2004, 04:34 AM
Members

It's nice that the keypad is in the glovebox instead of next to the steering wheel.
So you took the advenced CJ1? What did it cost and what company did the installation?

You can mail it to my personal adress if you want (dutch)
Old 05-11-2004, 07:30 AM
Guest_rollee

gorgeous! thanks fo the pics.
i suppose you have paid extra for the 124 wheels on your 530d, is that correct?
this prompted me to thinking about doing the same thing, i am wondering if this difference will be worth it?
do you mind telling me how much did you pay for those in euros?
at present my 530i will have the sports 18" 123 wheels.
can anyone here give me an idea as to the cost difference?
thanks in advance.
Old 05-11-2004, 07:31 AM
Guest_rollee

i mean mine is the 122 18".
Old 05-11-2004, 08:07 AM
Senior Members

I think that I paid around 800 EUR for the system incl. installation cost. My dealer works together with a person that perform the installation on all of their vehicles. I do not have any contact details of this person, but if you want to you can just call my dealer and ask them, I am sure that they will help you. btw, my dealer is Patrick Smets (located in Lier).
Old 05-11-2004, 09:42 AM
Members

We received a price for a Hi-jack CJ1 + installation.
Its about 350? incl tax so really not much. But maybe this a CJ1 without the keycards, only with a keypad?
Maybe I will contact your dealer too...

Quick Reply: Arrived.... at the dealer