Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Got 530i yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2004, 09:21 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked up my 530i yesterday morning. The car is unbelievable. I own a 2002 BMW X5. The X5 is nice but I handed the keys over to the wife without hestitation.

Premium Package
Navigation
Rear Sunshades
Rear Heated Seats
Xenon
Comfort Seats
Heads Up Display

Favorite options on the car are HUD (better than expected), comfort seats, and rear sunshade. The Dealer had not delivered a alpine white 530i or a vehicle with HUD. I had a group of Toyota salespeople standing around the car commenting on how striking the white looked. The delivery person tried to convince me that voice recognition only came with vehicles equipped with phones. I quickly demonstrated how many of vehicle features could be operated with voice. It worked flawlessly. They were amazed and asked 3-4 other BMW technicians to come look at the car.

The dealer installed the red reflectors and replaced the standard black 530i kidney grills with the chrome 545i kidney grills. Small but very noticeable upgrade.

Old 05-16-2004, 09:58 PM
Senior Members

congratulations on the great ride, the white is stunning!
perhaps some larger wheels in the near future will be even hotter?
mine is a week more from now. i might like some pointers on the voice recognition if you don't mind. rollee
Old 05-16-2004, 10:16 PM
Members

congrats on the new e60 and welcome to the forums! http://rimsandtires.tripod.com

mike
Old 05-16-2004, 11:49 PM
Contributors

White looks good but it has never been a popular colour in the UK.......shame, as your car is a stunner! congratulations

by the way, is that a titanium grey behind yours in the first picture???
Old 05-16-2004, 11:53 PM
Senior Members

i lived in the middle East for a few years and the white would be a show-stopper over there... here in the UK, well, it just doesn't work - glad you have received it, hope you love it (and it's foibles)

funny about the grill... i was just thinking, for my black e60, that the chrome surround on the grill should have been made black when I dechromed it... it wasn't expected nor included in the dechroming option but i would much prefer they chrome surround be changed to black...

i know it is a matter of taste only, but i almost cringe when i see the chrome 'round the doors and windows on a black e60, though i have seen a couple of others dechromed as well.
Old 05-17-2004, 05:50 AM
Members

wow, car looks excellent in white, congratulations.

Never seen a white one in the flesh before, doesnt seem to work hee in england.

That makes me consider it though looking at your pics.
Old 05-17-2004, 08:40 AM
Senior Members

White is better looking than I thought!

I had a alpinewhite 535i once, but here in Sweden with rain and snow half of the year, it just didn?t work.

I?d love a white E60 with black interior if I lived in a warmer / sunnier place.

The E60 looks powerful in white I think.
Old 05-17-2004, 08:44 AM
Senior Members

Wow

First time I see a white E60, ever. Looks different, nice.

Grats

Bunbun
Old 05-17-2004, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: G30 M550i
Model Year: 2018

Nice car! In my biased opinion, Alpine White is one of the best colors on the E60. Photos don't do it justice unless the light is just right.

I'm a bit biased since I have an Alpine White E60 545i and an Alpine White E30 M3, and have owned but since traded in two E39 540i six-speeds.

I'm actually surprised there aren't more white cars on these boards.

Also, I don't understand the "white doesn't work here in England" comment. What am I missing?
Old 05-17-2004, 05:30 PM
Senior Members

It's the same reason that white gets dirty in Pittsburgh and Columbus- the salt and road dirt deposted with the snow spray just makes for more mess! But the white looks fantastic when clean and those photos show how nice it looks if one keeps up with the cleaning!

I'm surprised that white doesn't show up in more places.....

Quick Reply: Got 530i yesterday