Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Active steering worth the money?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 02:31 PM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by urbo73' date='Feb 15 2005, 12:22 AM
You are quite the comedian. The reason they took away the foglights is because of Iceman?
[snapback]90174[/snapback]
I wish I'd have that much to say...
But I would never take them away from any car, maybe for the US market...
Old 02-14-2005, 02:31 PM
Members

Originally Posted by kscarrol' date='Feb 14 2005, 07:24 PM
Just my 0.02.? Urbo, by calling it silly, stupid and not neccesary, you are indirectly questioning the judgement of those who have it and like.? Hence the defensive response from some.? Now this thread has spiraled from a discussion about the merits or lack thereof of AS to personal attacks.
NO NO NO! Why can't you guys read what I wrote! It's not indirectly anything. Most got it because it CAME with it. Once they got used to it they liked it. I went through all of this before..

And I must say your quick response about the silly and unneccesary PDC technology is the reserve argument that others are making about AS.? You basically admit that it's silly, but it is useful for your wife when she is parking your car.? Many feel the same way about the AS.? Is it the purist driving experience that one can have.? Maybe not, but the technology is useful to and enjoyed by many drivers.? As I said earlier, I didn't care for it during my test drive and that is the only reason that I ordered my car without the Sports Package.
OK, but if people consider it silly, like you say I do PDC (which I don't think is silly, I just said *I* don't need it but got it so my wife doesn't dent my bumpers), then you are agreeing that they got it because like I said, they had no choice. How is that insulting anyone?

How about we let those who have their AS enjoy it and those of us who decided not to get it enjoy our cars sans the AS.?

Drive On!
[snapback]90175[/snapback]
When did I say NOT to enjoy it?! People here can do what they like. Read my posts, don't read them, read them and don't give a crap, etc. Stop being so sensitive! I'm not attacking anyone but BMW! Jeez!
Old 02-14-2005, 02:33 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by urbo73' date='Feb 15 2005, 12:31 AM
I'm not attacking anyone but BMW!
[snapback]90179[/snapback]
Exactly!
You are attacking BMW.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:35 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i, Olivin Green, w/Sports Package, basic stereo, chrome wheels, tinted windows, Bluetooth enabled with Moto V710 (Verizon), Sirius Sat Radio (aftermarket), Auxiliary Input for Ipod.

Now it may be just me? but it sure looks like you cast the first stone. But I am the one who?s trying to stir the pot? Is like you said? ?Time stamp don?t lie iceman Also it helps to read more carefully before getting into a qouting contest..? Guess it doesn?t apply to you?? Or are you the type that can dish it out but can?t take it on the chim?? It?s a 2 ways street pal.

Not that I'm looking to start a flame war on the board but Urbo started this fiasco. I responded to the original post with my OPINION. He goes off with some smart ass remark and now he can't take the heat. Come on now.

Stop questioning peoples motive Urbo. Stop the consipiracy theory why the M5 does or doesn't not have the AS. I'm sure it's not because you. And don't call out people. You might get a response that you may not like. If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen. In other words, don't start what you can't finish!

Your posts were nothing more than waste of time. How about changing the pace and adding something on the board, more constructive for ALL OF US TO ENJOY.

Teriyaki88
Old 02-14-2005, 02:42 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Feb 14 2005, 07:29 PM
So what you're saying is, that everybody who buys a Porsche, an Ferrari, a Bugatti, etc... is stupid, aren't you?
That's what I read in between your lines!
Pretty much, yes. These people are silly to pay such money for race cars and have them sit in the garage, waxed every weekend, and driven when it's sunny out on the streets. There are plenty of stupid rich people in the world, a nice percentage in fact, and you can bet your butt that Ferrari, Porsche, etc. take complete advantage of that. Otherwise they wouldn't really sell that many cars. So IMO, yes I consider these people stupid. It's my right to have this opinion

If I want a track car, I will not buy ANY stock car, I will allways mod it for track! But ppl want fast and superb handling cars for their daily use. If they want 507 HP, why not? Do they need to take it on track because some urbo thinks the car is meant for track use? NO!
If you think the M5 is meant for track use only you have not understand the concept of the M-cars!
Why not? I've stated mu opinion above. I'm not preventing or telling anyone what to do. But that's my opinion. Sorry if you don't like or agreee with it.

And NO I don't think the M5 is only a track car. It's a friggin' 4 door! I know what the car is about..

Oh, BTW...

You think AS is silly... Well, it is so silly, that all other car manufacturers are now starting to copy it. It is also the "innovation of the year". Even Porsche is building something very similar to AS soon.
[snapback]90176[/snapback]
So what? This proves nothing. Do you want me to go through the history of the automobile and point out silly inventions that car manufactures came up with, copied from each other, and then threw out? Anyway, we'll see what happens in the future. All I know is that now it's been decided. But why NOT have in on a Porsche in the future? After all, not every Porsche owner will race it. They will need that AS to get the car from the detailer to their garage!
Old 02-14-2005, 02:43 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Feb 14 2005, 07:33 PM
[quote name='urbo73' date='Feb 15 2005, 12:31 AM']I'm not attacking anyone but BMW!
[snapback]90179[/snapback]
Exactly!
You are attacking BMW.
[snapback]90181[/snapback]
[/quote]

So what? Is BMW perfect? Are they too holy to criticize? I love their cars, but c'mon! Get real man. I mean I'm not criticizing anyone here OK.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:48 PM
Members

Originally Posted by teriyaki88' date='Feb 14 2005, 07:35 PM
Now it may be just me? but it sure looks like you cast the first stone. But I am the one who?s trying to stir the pot? Is like you said? ?Time stamp don?t lie iceman Also it helps to read more carefully before getting into a qouting contest..?? Guess it doesn?t apply to you?? Or are you the type that can dish it out? but can?t take it on the chim?? It?s a 2 ways street pal.

Not that I'm looking to start a flame war on the board but Urbo started this fiasco. I responded to the original post with my OPINION.? He goes off with some smart ass remark and now he can't take the heat. Come on now.

Stop questioning peoples motive Urbo.? Stop the consipiracy theory why the M5 does or doesn't not have the AS.? I'm sure it's not because you.? And don't call out people.? You might get a response that you may not like.? If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen.? In other words, don't start what you can't finish!

Your posts were nothing more than waste of time.? How about changing the pace and adding something on the board, more constructive for ALL OF US TO ENJOY.

Teriyaki88
[snapback]90182[/snapback]
In all honesty I have NO idea what on earth you are talking about! This is what I said in response to Fred's comment that this was a friendly board (which for the most part I agree with):

"I've said nothing as inflammaroty as beewang, and teriyaki88 hasn't even understood my post it seems and HE's the one asking for more. I don't even know why I bothered to explain myself at such length. But *I*'m doing something wrong?."

What I meant was that I offered an explanation, and you went back to try to stir things up. But I have NO clue what you are EVEN saying. I can't make sense of any of it. Sorry!
Old 02-14-2005, 02:53 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by urbo73' date='Feb 15 2005, 12:42 AM
After all, not every Porsche owner will race it. They will need that AS to get the car from the detailer to their garage!
[snapback]90185[/snapback]
And that is exactly why itr is not silly at all, because it makes it easier for the off track use and the ppl like to have it.

Originally Posted by urbo73' date='Feb 15 2005, 12:43 AM
So what? Is BMW perfect? Are they too holy to criticize? I love their cars, but c'mon! Get real man. I mean I'm not criticizing anyone here OK.
[snapback]90187[/snapback]
Yes you do. With the way you post you are telling everybody here who is not thinking 100% like you that he is stupid.
It is the way you post, man!

Everybody has the right to have his opinion. Everybody has the right to say what he thinks. It's a free world (well, most of it). But you are posting in a way that tells everybody here that he is stupid if he doesn't thinks like you.

Oh, yes. BMW is holy.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:04 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: BMW M-Power

Originally Posted by urbo73' date='Feb 14 2005, 05:48 PM
........"I've said nothing as inflammaroty as beewang, ....
I've said nuthing flammatory as you have. Dude if you want to dish it out... then you better be able to take it on the chim. It goes both ways pal. :winkcool:
Old 02-14-2005, 03:06 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Iceman' date='Feb 14 2005, 07:53 PM
Yes you do. With the way you post you are telling everybody here who is not thinking 100% like you that he is stupid.
It is the way you post, man!

Everybody has the right to have his opinion. Everybody has the right to say what he thinks. It's a free world (well, most of it). But you are posting in a way that tells everybody here that he is stupid if he doesn't thinks like you.
Sorry, but I'm not a psychiatrist. I can't deal with people's insecurities and whatnot. Do I have do hold you and say "You're not stupid" "You're not stupid" "You CAN disagree with me" "You can do it" "Don't take things personally - for the 100th time", sort of like in the film "Good Will Hunting" or something?

I find it very hard to believe that people take such offense to my style of writing. If so, how should I feel in return when I see worse coming my way? I just smile! I'm not sure why everyone is so uptight today! Man!

Quick Reply: Active steering worth the money?