Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

Active steering worth the money?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2005, 12:25 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 BMW 545i, Olivin Green, w/Sports Package, basic stereo, chrome wheels, tinted windows, Bluetooth enabled with Moto V710 (Verizon), Sirius Sat Radio (aftermarket), Auxiliary Input for Ipod.

To sum it all up:

-Urbo is a resident expert on driving.
-Urbo says any technological advance is bad unless he agrees with it.
-We are not allowed to like anything or have an opinion unless we have a valid explaination or justification. Peoples response like "I like it" isn't good enough for him. I guess we better do a 1000 page PHD dissertation before we answer any of his questions.
Old 02-14-2005, 12:27 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: MY05 545i Jet Black with Auburn interior. SMG, Logic7, Sport Package, Comfort Seats, Navigation.

Let's all put your Love/Hate into a quantitative measurable unit: Price.

How much would you pay for the AS alone (MSRP)? Please indicate how much you would pay from -U$2,000 to $2,000. Negative amount means you would pay to not have it. $0 means you could care less if you had it or not, as long as it's free.

Let me start, I would pay $800 for it, no more, no less.

What about you guys?
Old 02-14-2005, 12:33 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by urbo73' date='Feb 14 2005, 09:31 PM
If anything people are a bit too sensitive here. Why's that?
[snapback]90082[/snapback]

The reason for that is that we have a nice and friendly little community going on here, and we like to keep it that way. Negativity spreads like wildfire, before you know it we're back to Roadfly. The fact that you didn't get this option is statement enough that you don't like it. The idea is to let the enthousiasts banter on about their cars. That is why people keep coming back here. If I want to hear from somebody that doesn't like my car I'll go to an Audi forum.
THAT, my friend, is where the sensitivity comes from.

Just an explanation, not an attack mate.
Old 02-14-2005, 12:50 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Flowerfred' date='Feb 14 2005, 05:33 PM
[quote name='urbo73' date='Feb 14 2005, 09:31 PM']If anything people are a bit too sensitive here. Why's that?
[snapback]90082[/snapback]

The reason for that is that we have a nice and friendly little community going on here, and we like to keep it that way. Negativity spreads like wildfire, before you know it we're back to Roadfly. The fact that you didn't get this option is statement enough that you don't like it. The idea is to let the enthousiasts banter on about their cars. That is why people keep coming back here. If I want to hear from somebody that doesn't like my car I'll go to an Audi forum.
THAT, my friend, is where the sensitivity comes from.

Just an explanation, not an attack mate.
[snapback]90111[/snapback]
[/quote]

I've said nothing as inflammaroty as beewang, and teriyaki88 hasn't even understood my post it seems and HE's the one asking for more. I don't even know why I bothered to explain myself at such length. But *I*'m doing something wrong?...

Beewang just wants to stir up the pot - maybe he can take his own advice and not post. As to this being a friendly community, it seems like it is, but not with some users.

And you haven't even understoond my post either it seems. When did I say I don't like your car? When did I say people made the wrong decisions or criticize their choices, options, and cars? The sensitivity comes from some other place...

Just like in the CIP threads. Some things it seems, no matter how cleary spelled out, some just don't understand or simply refuse to because "this is the way"... OK. I'll just post stuff like "Welcome!" "Nice car" "BMW is perfect" "Congratulations" and other meaningless posts really that don't add anything.

You guys see a criticism of a BMW technology as an attack on you, your car, and the choice you made. THAT is not my issue.
Old 02-14-2005, 12:52 PM
Members

Originally Posted by speedracerF4i' date='Feb 14 2005, 05:27 PM
Let's all put your Love/Hate into a quantitative measurable unit: Price.

How much would you pay for the AS alone (MSRP)? Please indicate how much you would pay from -U$2,000 to $2,000.? Negative amount means you would pay to not have it.? $0 means you could care less if you had it or not, as long as it's free.

Let me start, I would pay $800 for it, no more, no less.

What about you guys?
[snapback]90108[/snapback]
Good point. And back to the point of how many got AS because of AS or because of the fact that it came packaged with the Sports Package?
Old 02-14-2005, 12:53 PM
Contributors

Actually, that is one of the reservations I have about the M5. It doesn't have AS. (That, and the fact I can't have the Comfort seats.)

And yes, I had to pay extra to get it.
Old 02-14-2005, 12:57 PM
Members

Originally Posted by Flowerfred' date='Feb 14 2005, 05:53 PM
Actually, that is one of the reservations I have about the M5. It doesn't have AS. (That, and the fact I can't have the Comfort seats.)

And yes, I had to pay extra to get it.
[snapback]90127[/snapback]
Fine, but that's the reason I'm glad AS is not on the M5. Why do you suppose (preference aside for AS or not) that BMW decided not to put AS into the M5?
Old 02-14-2005, 12:58 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by urbo73' date='Feb 14 2005, 10:57 PM
Fine, but that's the reason I'm glad AS is not on the M5. Why do you suppose (preference aside for AS or not) that BMW decided not to put AS into the M5?
[snapback]90129[/snapback]

I understand the reason why, but I'm not just going around the Nurburgring all day. I have to drive to work every now and then aswell.
Old 02-14-2005, 01:05 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Flowerfred' date='Feb 14 2005, 04:58 PM
I understand the reason why, but I'm not just going around the Nurburgring all day. I have to drive to work every now and then aswell.
[snapback]90130[/snapback]
exactly how many potential M5 owners will track their cars??? ... it should at least be an option since its a sports saloon
Old 02-14-2005, 01:12 PM
Members

If you're getting an M5 and not taking it to the track, then why spend all that money on a car that's meant for that? I don't get it. The 545i or 550i should be enough for driving to work.. with AS of course

Quick Reply: Active steering worth the money?