Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

About to order a 535d sport- opinions please

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 10:10 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Dec 55 535d sport, Carbon Black, Dakota Black Leather, Electric Sunroof, Media Package, Visiblity Package with Adaptive Bi-Xenons & Headlight Wash, Folding mirrors, 19" M172 wheels, Rear spoiler, Sun Protection Glass

Hi,

Thanks for recommending me here, all seem like a good crack and love your bmw's Am just about to order my 2nd bmw making the move from a 2002 e39 530d sport to a 535d sport and was wondering whether to buy used or new.

Must admit do like my new cars and would consider importing too if the price was better than a uk option.

Currently have the following from www.broadspeed.com or www.oneswoop.com

535d sport 4 door metallic silver grey
?41,238 from www.broadspeed.com

Alloy wheels - 19" M Double Spoke, style 172 (only available when space saver spare wheel selected)
BMW 6 disc CD changer
Floor mats
Graduated tinted windscreen
Heated front seats
Logic 7 Professional HiFi system
M rear spoiler
Metallic paintwork
Space saver spare wheel
Sun protection glass
Upholstery - Dakota leather, Auburn
Visibility Package - Adaptive, Bi-Xenon headlights with wash system
Metallic silver grey

Know folks mention the media package, etc but is so expensive. Was just thinking of getting an aftermarket fitted, maybe with a screen for a grand?

Cheers all, appreciate all comments!
Old 03-26-2006, 12:08 PM
Senior Members

IMO
no point getting Sun protection glass or M rear spoiler

Logic 7 Professional HiFi system. do you really find that you only listen to classical and jazz music? because logic 7 mostly benifts them . AND only if they are on good quality cds

go for professional navigation
Old 03-26-2006, 12:11 PM
Members

My Ride: Dec 55 535d sport, Carbon Black, Dakota Black Leather, Electric Sunroof, Media Package, Visiblity Package with Adaptive Bi-Xenons & Headlight Wash, Folding mirrors, 19" M172 wheels, Rear spoiler, Sun Protection Glass

Originally Posted by 700700' post='260318' date='Mar 26 2006, 04:08 PM
IMO
no point getting Sun protection glass or M rear spoiler

Logic 7 Professional HiFi system. do you really find that you only listen to classical and jazz music? because logic 7 mostly benifts them . AND only if they are on good quality cds

go for professional navigation
Cheers pal, wondering if should ditch the logic 7 and go for an aftermarket solution. Wish could afford the professional navigation but so hefty- nearly ?2,000
Old 03-26-2006, 12:34 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E61 535d sport, Silver Grey/grey/maple. 20" Hartge Nova 7. Previously 19" staggered 172s

On a car like that you need the media pack or you will have trouble at sell time.

Media pack is good value, you get the Nav, bluetooth phone, CD changer, pro radio, and now voice. You also get BMW Assist but ignore that for decision purposes. You have saved on the 6CD which is inclusive, and lose the Logic 7, just get hifi speakers. I got them after advice on here and it is good advice, more speakers and a better amp

I am having voice retrofitted, and it's inclusion now is a good thing IMO, even though the price has gone up.

The Nav is much better than the old (I came from a 2002 530d sport), I think you would be bonkers to go with an aftermarket install. Traffic information appears on the route which has been a massive unexpected bonus.

I didn't get seat heaters either, I never used them on the e39. Some people have it at the top of their list though so down to preference. Had my touring with sun glass (which includes the screen shadeband incidentally) and like it, preference again.

There are loads of ex-BMW cars with media and vis packs (which says something in itself), getting the other bits might be difficult unless you go new.

I have been delighted with my 535d sport, if you are going to spend ?40K, spend a couple more and get exactly what you want.
Old 03-26-2006, 12:48 PM
Senior Members

pro nav is a necessity it is useful, adds value to the car, and looks better
than the small crap screen u get otherwise.

Ditch the other three things i said also ditch the cd changer (put pay for prepartaion for cd changer).

ditch the spare wheel even ... just find the 2 grand for the nav
Old 03-26-2006, 01:08 PM
Members

Cheers boys, good advice! So the hifi speakers also come in a set of 13? Interesting point on the traffic information, thought u had to pay for that! sweet!

700700- u mentioned adding value- will I still get a good return say after 3 years with pro nav fitted

sorry for all questions but gotta get it right
Old 03-26-2006, 01:17 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 640D MSPORT GT

OK FREIND GLAD YOU COULD JOIN US ,WELCOME.
NOT SURE OF YOUR LOCATION PERHAPS YOU WILL FILL YOUR PROFILE OUT.
HAVING OWNED 5 SUCCESSIVE 530D SE AND NOW A 535D I CAN TELL YOU THAT ITS NOT WHAT YOU PAY ITS WHAT THEY BUY IT BACK FOR...............WHEN YOU CHANGE NEXT TIME.
IF YOU ARE LOOKING AT TRADING IN 2-3 YEARS THEN AS IT ALWAYS HAS BEEN ITS BASED UPON 2 FACTORS EXCUDING MILES AND CONDITION.
1.GLASS GUIDE ON THE BASIC VALUE BEFORE OPTIONS

2.OPTIONS YOU HAVE PAID FOR

THEY ONLY OFFER THE GLASS GUIDE PRICE ON THE PREOPTION PRICE PLUS THERE DESIRE TO SELL A LOADED CAR OR ONE WITH SOUGHT AFTER OPTIONS MIGHT ADD SOME ?????????????
AND OF COURSE HOW MUCH YOU ARE PAYING FOR THE NEXT ONE.....

IN MY OPINION.
1. 535D SPORT MODEL (WITH THE INCLUDED SPORT PACK,SUSP.ETC
2.VISIBILITY PACK
3.MEDIA /COMMS PACK
4 .FULL LEATHER
5.STANDARD SPORT INCLUSIVE WHEELS.
THAT IS THE SALEABLE TRADE IN THE REST YOU PUT IN IS LOST MONEY BUT
ADD THAT UP AND IF YOU CAN AFFORD MORE
1. DIPPING INTERIOR MIRROR AND FOLDING EXT MIRRORS IF THE GARAGE IS TIGHT VERY HANDY

BUT AS I SAY SPEND WHTA YOU CAN AFFORD ,THOSE ARE THE BASIC MUST HAVE OPTIONS IMO
Old 03-26-2006, 01:20 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 640D MSPORT GT

AGAIN THEY PAY YOU NILL FOR OPTIONS FITTED.BUT THEY OFFER THE BEST TRADEIN ON WHAT PEOPLE DESIRE AS NESSCEITYS.
SAT NAV .BLUETOOTH .AUTO BOX. LEATHER .XENONS.
AND GO WITH THE RUNFLATS.
Old 03-26-2006, 01:24 PM
Members

My Ride: 530i Touring, M Sport, build date 10/05, Silver Grey, Black leather, Maple Anthracite, Anthracite roof lining, panorama roof, M Aerodynamic, M Steering wheel, M Sport suspension, sport seats, shadow line, 135 M wheels, Goodyear NCT 5 runflats, and some other stuff too.

Depends where you live. For me the nav system is total wank, never use it and rarely, if ever will, and yes they are a total rip-off, not just on BMW's of course.

The six changer is fine, depends on how you play your music. Wish BMW would put in a class Hi Fi system like the LINN in the Aston Martin, its the real deal.

Oh yeah, skip the spoiler. Your buying a class machine, not a WRX :thumbsdown:
Old 03-26-2006, 01:32 PM
Members

Wot a superb community it is here! Live in bolton and tbh do about 20k a year all over the country, though the nxt 6 months are in manchester!

2 grand, wish i had it lol! more overtime me thinks

Quick Reply: About to order a 535d sport- opinions please