Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

About to order a 535d sport- opinions please

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 11:23 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: (E60) 535D M-Sport (DMS)

Echo all the above really.

I purchased a BMW Dealer Principals car & you can see the options liseted in my sig below. I added the Extended Voice as a retro-fit for about ?90 almost straight away although i think the price has increased slightly. Extended Voice is now included with the Media Package so that's the way to go. The price looks good, as i paid only a few grand less than that for a 4 month ?7K mile example, although i think the Media Package is a must have & tends to keep re-sale values far higher than the Visibility Package. Just look at BMW's website & you'll see almost all the lower mileage E60's have Media Package.

Ditch the Logic & as it really is only a nice to have, the Hi-Fi loudspeaker option is very good (although not excellent), but aftermarket options are very limited due to i-drive.

Make sure you put by ?650 for a DMS re-map, as that's the best option available & bang for buck it's awesome.

Enjoy whichever car you get.

Ps. I know Bowkers in Preston have a stunning Black E60 535D M-Sport which will be coming up for sale very soon. It has Media Package & plenty of other options including Sunroof.
Old 03-26-2006, 11:59 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: E61 535d sport, Silver Grey/grey/maple. 20" Hartge Nova 7. Previously 19" staggered 172s

HiFi speakers give you 10 rather than the 13 in L7, sounds good to me but I'm no audio expert. Standard is only 4 (or 6?) I think and very average, that is obvious even to me.

Apparently L7 also gives you a graphic equaliser to play with, so depends whether you have ambitions to be Andre' Previn.

Also disagree with radioham, I don't like RFs. I have 172s and I think they look great and ride better.
I would lose the entire audio system completely before I gave up my 19" wheels, but we are all individuals If the budget is tight, give priority to the things that can't easily be changed afterwards - like the audio, upgrading wheels in the future is easy albeit more expensive than factory order.
Old 03-27-2006, 02:22 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 530d M Sport Auto, Carbon Black, Dakota Leather, Media Pack, Visibility Pack. iPod

Check this out in lieu of media package:

http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=23763
Old 03-27-2006, 02:36 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by blingo' post='260501' date='Mar 27 2006, 08:59 AM
HiFi speakers give you 10 rather than the 13 in L7, sounds good to me but I'm no audio expert. Standard is only 4 (or 6?) I think and very average, that is obvious even to me.

Apparently L7 also gives you a graphic equaliser to play with, so depends whether you have ambitions to be Andre' Previn.

Also disagree with radioham, I don't like RFs. I have 172s and I think they look great and ride better.
I would lose the entire audio system completely before I gave up my 19" wheels, but we are all individuals If the budget is tight, give priority to the things that can't easily be changed afterwards - like the audio, upgrading wheels in the future is easy albeit more expensive than factory order.
I'd agree! The basic audio is sufficient but not really what you'd expect for a ?30k+ car... If I order another I'd probably specify the HiFi option.

The factory 172's are the best way to avoid RunFlats...
Old 03-27-2006, 02:56 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: On Order, due in May - 2007MY 530D SE, Silver Grey, Black Dakota, Auto, Brushed aluminium shadowline,sports seats / wheel, hi fi speakers, mats, space saver wheel and a few more bits

Originally Posted by zerocool242001' post='260261' date='Mar 26 2006, 08:10 PM
Hi,

Thanks for recommending me here, all seem like a good crack and love your bmw's Am just about to order my 2nd bmw making the move from a 2002 e39 530d sport to a 535d sport and was wondering whether to buy used or new.

Must admit do like my new cars and would consider importing too if the price was better than a uk option.

Currently have the following from www.broadspeed.com or www.oneswoop.com

535d sport 4 door metallic silver grey
?41,238 from www.broadspeed.com

Alloy wheels - 19" M Double Spoke, style 172 (only available when space saver spare wheel selected)
BMW 6 disc CD changer
Floor mats
Graduated tinted windscreen
Heated front seats
Logic 7 Professional HiFi system
M rear spoiler
Metallic paintwork
Space saver spare wheel
Sun protection glass
Upholstery - Dakota leather, Auburn
Visibility Package - Adaptive, Bi-Xenon headlights with wash system
Metallic silver grey

Know folks mention the media package, etc but is so expensive. Was just thinking of getting an aftermarket fitted, maybe with a screen for a grand?

Cheers all, appreciate all comments!

Try "drivethedeal" - ?40,154. I used it to get a 10% discount from the nearest dealer that wanted a sale (Mill in Sunderland). Did not even have to pay DTD to get a written quote. Much prefer a dealer rather than a car being delivered on a truck from a far away dealer, with different numberplate location.

I did it (for a 530) in Jan / Feb when sales were low. Car due end April
Old 03-27-2006, 03:07 AM
Senior Members

pro nav adds about 800-1100 quid to the price of a 5 series according to autocar
Old 03-27-2006, 03:13 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 520i, mystic blue, steptronic, beige leather, pdc, bluetooth, rain sensor, BMW sport kit fitted, 18" 166 rep BMW rims , de-badged, cherished reg. chrome grill,

Originally Posted by zerocool242001' post='260261' date='Mar 26 2006, 08:10 PM
Hi,

Thanks for recommending me here, all seem like a good crack and love your bmw's Am just about to order my 2nd bmw making the move from a 2002 e39 530d sport to a 535d sport and was wondering whether to buy used or new.

Must admit do like my new cars and would consider importing too if the price was better than a uk option.

Currently have the following from www.broadspeed.com or www.oneswoop.com

535d sport 4 door metallic silver grey
?41,238 from www.broadspeed.com

Alloy wheels - 19" M Double Spoke, style 172 (only available when space saver spare wheel selected)
BMW 6 disc CD changer
Floor mats
Graduated tinted windscreen
Heated front seats
Logic 7 Professional HiFi system
M rear spoiler
Metallic paintwork
Space saver spare wheel
Sun protection glass
Upholstery - Dakota leather, Auburn
Visibility Package - Adaptive, Bi-Xenon headlights with wash system
Metallic silver grey

Know folks mention the media package, etc but is so expensive. Was just thinking of getting an aftermarket fitted, maybe with a screen for a grand?

Cheers all, appreciate all comments!

My only concern is the Broadspeed price from experience the dealers they refer you to don't seem to wanna know Broadspeed customers but if you've found out differently then ignore this. But hey you'd have some car so good luck
Old 03-27-2006, 03:47 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: E61 535d sport, Silver Grey/grey/maple. 20" Hartge Nova 7. Previously 19" staggered 172s

Broadspeed etc use the UK dealers anyway so you only have to find one that needs the order enough.

I was referred to the fleet office for Inchcape:

Chris Tompkins
Tel: 01908 399063
Fax: 01908 235098
Medina House
324 - 326 Silbury Boulevard
Central Milton Keynes
chris.tompkins@icc.inchcape.co.uk

They supply via their own dealer network.

The new price was good, but the price they offered for my trade in was pathetic. Got a better deal locally in the end.
Old 03-27-2006, 04:19 AM
Members

My Ride: Dec 55 535d sport, Carbon Black, Dakota Black Leather, Electric Sunroof, Media Package, Visiblity Package with Adaptive Bi-Xenons & Headlight Wash, Folding mirrors, 19" M172 wheels, Rear spoiler, Sun Protection Glass

Originally Posted by blingo' post='260582' date='Mar 27 2006, 07:47 AM
Broadspeed etc use the UK dealers anyway so you only have to find one that needs the order enough.

I was referred to the fleet office for Inchcape:

Chris Tompkins
Tel: 01908 399063
Fax: 01908 235098
Medina House
324 - 326 Silbury Boulevard
Central Milton Keynes
chris.tompkins@icc.inchcape.co.uk

They supply via their own dealer network.

The new price was good, but the price they offered for my trade in was pathetic. Got a better deal locally in the end.
Same looks like its happening to me, contacted broadspeed a week ago, initially was all excitement and the need to get my business but has gone a bit pete tongue at the mo. Going back to oneswoop as they seem to be more customer focused or have an appointment at Williams Bolton tomorrow, reckon they could give enough discount for cash or have those days gone by?
Old 03-27-2006, 05:04 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by zerocool242001' post='260590' date='Mar 27 2006, 02:19 PM
Same looks like its happening to me, contacted broadspeed a week ago, initially was all excitement and the need to get my business but has gone a bit pete tongue at the mo. Going back to oneswoop as they seem to be more customer focused or have an appointment at Williams Bolton tomorrow, reckon they could give enough discount for cash or have those days gone by?
If you mean 'cash' as opposed to finance then probably not - they can actually make more money if you take their finance and so would in theory offer you a better discount that way.

I think the best bet is too have your alternative quotes with you in writing then ask the dealer to beat them.

I had a bank loan agreement with me when I bought my car (used), showed it to the dealer and said I'd take his finance if he could beat the rate (which he did).

I was also ready to go in terms of deciding to buy (or not) and hence in a strong position to haggle. Although the BMW dealer environment makes you feel like you shouldn't really to it, they are willing to cut a deal - I got ?1k off the sticker price plus an aux input - which I felt happy enough with.

Quick Reply: About to order a 535d sport- opinions please