Dealer Purchasing & Service Forum What's your dealers sales and service department like? Post finance and lease questions here too.

545 Delivery

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2003, 03:23 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have been tracking the production build and delivery schedule for the 545 that I ordered. The BMW Owner's Circle states that production is slated for 11/7. Based upon those who read these message and took delivery from the Sept production run, let me know what a good guess is as to when I will receive my 545. The dealer says in mid December which sounds reasonable. This is like 6 weeks after start of production. Any feedback from those who have received the 545 is greatly appreciated. Another question: I ordered the SIRIS satellite radio hookup. It sounded like a good option to have given that it was only $75. If I decide to go with SIRIS after I get the car, any indication on how much it will cost for the BMW dealer to install the SIRIS module to allow reception?
Old 11-05-2003, 06:27 PM
Members

And can someone explain the need to charge an extra $75 for the pre-wire on a $60K car? This just seems like something that it would have been easier to make standard.
Old 11-05-2003, 06:58 PM
Members

I am p _ ssed at BMW. I agree with the previous writer that it seems terrible from both a customer satisfaction standpoint to charge $75 for the SIRIS prep. Seems like a $75 charge should not be an option but included in the base price, especially for the $60K that my car will list out at. After posting my earlier note, I called a dealer to inquire as to how much the SIRIS radio installation would cost as a dealer installed option. He said that it will cost $750! ....holy smokes!! this is just to install the SIRIS module. I told the dealer that I can go to either Circuit City or Best Buy and get a complete add-on SIRIS radio which can be plugged into any car for less than $150. Not only that, you can also use the radio as a portable in your house. I asked the dealer why in the hell a module would cost $750. He said that it was a custom module that would fully integrate into the factory radio. Yes it is nice but for $750? I also asked the dealer what advantage there was to pay the $75 for the SIRIS option in the first place. He said that it would be easier to install the SIRIS module with the $75 option installed at the factory. He did acknowledge that the SIRIC module could be installed at the dealer even if the $75 harness was not installed at the factor. I countered and said that if BMW was charging $750 for the SIRIS radio, then why in the hell did the need to ask their customers to pay another $75 for the priviledge as an option? In my opinion, this is another BMW ripoff! Another ripoff is the $1800 for the premium sound package. What's the justification for charging $1800 for the premium sound upgrade?

I am going to write a letter to BMWNA and complain loudly about the $75 SIRIS upgrade charge. I hope that others on this forum do so also.