The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

Hyundai Genesis

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 07:36 AM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by E60714' post='665363' date='Sep 9 2008, 08:12 AM
A "volatile" subject? He got fucked by someone of Korean descent, you mean to tell me if something similar happened to you of someone of a certain nationality or any other type of classification you wouldn't be wary of your next purchase from someone similar?

You can hide behind trying to correct me on my name-calling of others, but you still don't change the logic behind what I stated earlier with 3 members vs. 1 telling him off.

Last time I checked, ethnicity had alot to do with genocide in the past, but I still wasn't making a direct connection. What I was trying to explain to you was that there are much bigger instances of racism and even bigger world problems, and you sit behind a computer screen trying to scold one member on a BMW forum on the internet and you apparently think that you have contributed to the board. Did you not ask if the OP "reread his post" and "thought about whether it was contributing to the thread"? Hell, I haven't taken your attacks on me using the words "butt-hurt" seriously because I know you're one of those people that pretends to hate racism, when in reality you can't accept that it is and always will be there and just can't make sure you aren't an example of it. My fourth grade teacher always told us "check yourself". Check yourself and don't worry about changing others. I told you earlier what to do if he's hurt your feelings; go tell a mod and have him banned. Or you can just check yourself.
okay, this will be my last post here, again...if you have a rebuttal, PM me....

"you mean to tell me if something similar happened to you of someone of a certain nationality or any other type of classification you wouldn't be wary of your next purchase from someone similar?"

Re-read that out loud and tell me how that sounds. Says a lot about you there....

" ...seriously because I know you're one of those people that pretends to hate racism, when in reality you can't accept that it is and always will be there and just can't make sure you aren't an example of it. "

I do accept that there is racism in this world, I do make sure I am never an example of racism. BUT I also like to think that even correcting one person makes a difference, as not correcting that one person will make a negative impact.
"
Check yourself and don't worry about changing others."

Do you really believe that? Do you really live by that?

"I told you earlier what to do if he's hurt your feelings; go tell a mod and have him banned. Or you can just check yourself."

I'm not the one that needs checking....
Old 09-09-2008, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

In the other thread about the Genesis I chimed in today and posted a little "think-about-hint", because things got a bit out of control.

I don't want to repeat myself...

Please, calm down guys.

I am sure that the most, if not ALL, comments here were PUI, posted under influence.
(Influence = that male gene that makes everything related to cars emotional).
We all get very emotional when we talk about cars, and I know (foglights...) that you sometimes say/write something you don't mean this way.

Let's all just agree that there was some sort of misunderstanding and go BTT please, OK?

Thank you.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:51 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2014 530d XDrive M Sport

Originally Posted by E60714' post='665363' date='Sep 10 2008, 12:12 AM
A "volatile" subject? He got fucked by someone of Korean descent, you mean to tell me if something similar happened to you of someone of a certain nationality or any other type of classification you wouldn't be wary of your next purchase from someone similar?

You can hide behind trying to correct me on my name-calling of others, but you still don't change the logic behind what I stated earlier with 3 members vs. 1 telling him off.

Last time I checked, ethnicity had alot to do with genocide in the past, but I still wasn't making a direct connection. What I was trying to explain to you was that there are much bigger instances of racism and even bigger world problems, and you sit behind a computer screen trying to scold one member on a BMW forum on the internet and you apparently think that you have contributed to the board. Did you not ask if the OP "reread his post" and "thought about whether it was contributing to the thread"? Hell, I haven't taken your attacks on me using the words "butt-hurt" seriously because I know you're one of those people that pretends to hate racism, when in reality you can't accept that it is and always will be there and just can't make sure you aren't an example of it. My fourth grade teacher always told us "check yourself". Check yourself and don't worry about changing others. I told you earlier what to do if he's hurt your feelings; go tell a mod and have him banned. Or you can just check yourself.
Woah... I think it would be prudent for you to heed the advice of your fourth grade teacher at this juncture. You yourself have gone on a couple of tirades with regards to posts made by Gene, a couple of other members and myself. We were voicing our opinions regarding a malignant statement made by another member of this forum on this thread.

No one here actually knows if the person who put up the offending post was 'f**ked' (as you so eloquently put it) by a Korean. But we do know that his statement is slanderous and offensive. Whether he did it knowingly or unknowingly is not the point. He posted a derogatory opinion towards a whole race of people and not one individual. To most people that would be construed as racism and in turn, we were voicing our displeasure (as you have done regarding our posts). I don't think anyone here would be apologetic that we have interfered with your leisurely read and I don't think anyone really cares if you get a better understanding of the Genesis or not. However, there are many that do believe that statements within your posts are belligerent and misguided.

Gene is a well liked and well respected member of this forum and he isn't hiding behind anything. He is simply correcting what he feels or believes are objectionable annotations from you. Statements such as, 'dip sh*ts', 'butt-hurt', and 'someone's vag-hurts' are repugnant and speaks volumes of person using such epithets. Moreover, racism is and always will be present because of people like you that don't do anything to stop racist activities and remarks.

Listen to your fourth grade teacher. Check yourself.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:05 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by seoulman' post='665401' date='Sep 9 2008, 10:51 AM
Woah... I think it would be prudent for you to heed the advice of your fourth grade teacher at this juncture. You yourself have gone on a couple of tirades with regards to posts made by Gene, a couple of other members and myself. We were voicing our opinions regarding a malignant statement made by another member of this forum on this thread.

No one here actually knows if the person who put up the offending post was 'f**ked' (as you so eloquently put it) by a Korean. But we do know that his statement is slanderous and offensive. Whether he did it knowingly or unknowingly is not the point. He posted a derogatory opinion towards a whole race of people and not one individual. To most people that would be construed as racism and in turn, we were voicing our displeasure (as you have done regarding our posts). I don't think anyone here would be apologetic that we have interfered with your leisurely read and I don't think anyone really cares if you get a better understanding of the Genesis or not. However, there are many that do believe that statements within your posts are belligerent and misguided.

Gene is a well liked and well respected member of this forum and he isn't hiding behind anything. He is simply correcting what he feels or believes are objectionable annotations from you. Statements such as, 'dip sh*ts', 'butt-hurt', and 'someone's vag-hurts' are repugnant and speaks volumes of person using such epithets. Moreover, racism is and always will be present because of people like you that don't do anything to stop racist activities and remarks.

Listen to your fourth grade teacher. Check yourself.
Do not be his shining knight in armor because he defended you when your nationality was bad-mouthed.

No one seems to understand that he probably got the point after the first person chewed him out. He didn't need three different people to comment on it.

"Well-respected" members tend to ride a high horse and feel that they must always add their two cents. His tenure is tied to the time he purchased his 5 series, nothing else. If this thread titled "Hyundai Genesis" was not created to better understand the car like I am now ready to do, then there's something wrong.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:55 AM
Senior Members

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60

Racism has NO PLACE on this forum!!!!

I'm surprised there are folks who think is alright. Now shutdafukup and let this thread die!~ Both the racist and the guy defending him--ENOUGH ALREADY!!!

LET'S GO TALK BMWS AGAIN!!!
Old 09-10-2008, 04:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 Mercedes Benz e63 AMG

I am just glad that for once, 530ISPORT and I are NOT involved in this frucus. You cant blame us for this...we're being well behaved.
Old 09-10-2008, 05:15 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 08 550 Carbon Sport Almost everything factory, but no sound upgrades.

R. I. P.