The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

GTR IS COMEING...

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 01:51 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 05-23-2008, 02:25 PM
Senior Members

Sport Auto tested the GT-R at the Nurburgring. They couldn't come close to the overly optimistic factory time of 7:38. Sport Auto did the ring in 7:50, first independent time for the GT-R. It came out recently that Nissan had cut slicks on the GT-R, leads me to believe they had other help as well. Sport Auto showed the true potential of the car, which is still pretty damn good.
Old 05-23-2008, 03:39 PM
Contributors

It came out recently that Nissan had cut slicks on the GT-R, leads me to believe they had other help as well. showed the quote]
..... lol....
Old 05-23-2008, 04:07 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by 530ISPORT' post='587197' date='May 23 2008, 04:39 PM
It came out recently that Nissan had cut slicks on the GT-R, leads me to believe they had other help as well. showed the quote]
..... lol....
....lol....

7.38* -- 161.63 km/h -- Nissan R35 GT-R, *company test driver Suzuki, slick cut tyres, track partially wet

7:50 --- 157.79 km/h -- Nissan GT-R, 480 PS/1750 kg, Horst von Saurma, partially wet track (sport auto 12/07)

http://www.supercars.net/PitLane?viewThrea...0&tID=10073

Auto Sport time done in complete stock form, shows the true ability of the car.

Quote:
'We used cut slick tyres' said Mizuno.

http://www.pistonheads.com/news/defa...?storyId=17066
Old 05-23-2008, 06:22 PM
Members

Originally Posted by SOE_arc_CH' post='585026
Sport Auto tested the GT-R at the Nurburgring. They couldn't come close to the overly optimistic factory time of 7:38. Sport Auto did the ring in 7:50, first independent time for the GT-R. It came out recently that Nissan had cut slicks on the GT-R, leads me to believe they had other help as well. Sport Auto showed the true potential of the car, which is still pretty damn good.

yup. but again, im sure it wont matter all that much to those who buy them. ito me ts just a shame that nissan would resort to essentially 'cheating' in order to increase the anticipation of what is/was already such a highly hyped car
Old 05-23-2008, 07:32 PM
Members

My Ride: 2010 E63 AMG -- Palladium Silver/Black. Love this car but looking to switch things up to keep things fresh. 2nd AMG in a row, but toying with coming back into the BMW fold!

Originally Posted by jmsod' post='584637' date='May 20 2008, 04:54 PM
Agree completely. A Porsche is a piece of art. This GTR will look dated (and I kinda think it does already) within 1-2 months of it being out. A 20 yr old Porsche still turns my head. I can't say the same about any Nissan and I certainly do not expect the GTR to be any different.
SO TRUE!!!

Just look an the GT-Rs lineage. If you see the prior generations in the recent magazine articles, you will laugh. They may have been quick, but they are best described in two words: UGG-LLY! I guarantee that this car is going to be selling at a discount in 6 months. When a dealer talks about the car being "sold out" for the next X number of years, they are only referring to the dealers placing orders for their own inventory. The real rub is actually placing them with paying customers when they are backed off of the delivery trucks. Even in cases where customers place orders, there is a VERY high cancellation rate. Ask your local BMW M3 dealer. And what about your local SLR dealer. Oh, and don't forget Mr. Carrera GT. I suspect all of them will secretly agree.

Regarding the "car salesman" on this thread, he is uneducated and unpolished. I would be shocked if anyone on this post would do business with a sleazeball like that. Unfortunately, the bottom of the barrel is often attracted to sales in automobile industry (and Mortgage Brokerage Industry). That is not to say there are no quality people here and there in the car business, but they are definitely in the minority.

Lastly, I am proud of the intelligent posters in this thread. Their sense of good values and appropriate conduct only underscore how rancid that particular salesman's ethics are. If Nissan had any sense, they would have selected only the most polished Nissan Salesmen to be put through a special training program about how to sell a high end car in a professional manner. IMHO...they missed a great opportunity to elevate the brand's image both on the street and on the showroom floor.
Old 05-23-2008, 07:40 PM
Members

My Ride: 2010 E63 AMG -- Palladium Silver/Black. Love this car but looking to switch things up to keep things fresh. 2nd AMG in a row, but toying with coming back into the BMW fold!

Originally Posted by xexyus' post='584755' date='May 20 2008, 07:49 PM
I mean its a Nissan, I dont think a normal guy is going to want to spend that kinda money on a Nissan when theres a thousand other options out there. GTR is going to attract a minority which is not related to 911, M6/M5, ect. The car is what, 70k? Markup being 10k? 80k for a Nissan?

Come on, I rather get a 650i and laugh at the guy explaining to his girlfriend the reason why his Nissan costs so much. Then before his girlfriend blows me with her chest all over the I-drive button, ill explain to her the Night Vision feature in the E63 and why my cock is so lengthy.

Sorry...I did not see this post when I wrote my last post. I must retract some of the compliments.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:05 PM
Members

Originally Posted by 530ISPORT' post='585188' date='May 21 2008, 10:46 AM
A PHAETON PLEASE.... its nite and day.. and its a (VW)... (...and also the basis for a Bentley) where talking about a twin tourbo 2 door sport car... nit a ice cream truck!!!! yes your right about the hype for the (vw)... and it floped harder then andra the giant when hulk hogan body slamed him in the 80`s (what the hell type of a reference is that, you moron)..... but look at all the things GTR bring`s to the table... great gas miles for one (that's certainly aspirational and worthy of a stiff premium).... the price even if this car was 100k its worth it... in my eyes not because i sell these cars because i drove both the way there sapose to be driven.... not at (55) mph like the other guy posted i meqan i reall y drove both of these cars like i stole them!!!!!!.. (not hard to envision) between the two i mtalkin money the GTR is the way to go... think about it if i out 15k in miles on a porsche in one year you will lose about 15g`s
on a gtr its about 3g`s.. (Oh, really, is that so...Paul Krugman) ... and the service over 5 years is about 4g`s for a GTR.. a porsche dont let me get started...... and you say a bit better... like i keep saying its just hear say at this point... just wait till you see the car drive it... feel the power the build of the car is solid.... dont get me wrong the cars in the GTR class are very serious and beautiful works of art.... the audi is stepping up to a v10... ummm i wonder y that is... and the 911 is stepping up... ummm i wonder y????? (I imagine it is because they are afraid that the status of the Nissan brand and racing heritage might overshadow their fly-by-night organizations.)
Question: Where exactly were you educated? You spell like a complete idiot. Your auto industry insider views seem tremendously insightful and extraordinarily invaluable. Reading you prior posts has instilled lots of confidence in doing business with someone like yourself. Run along now...Vinnie! Your probation officer ought to be calling to check in soon...
Old 05-23-2008, 08:42 PM
Members

Originally Posted by mcorliss' post='587294' date='May 23 2008, 10:32 PM
If Nissan had any sense, they would have selected only the most polished Nissan Salesmen to be put through a special training program about how to sell a high end car in a professional manner. IMHO...they missed a great opportunity to elevate the brand's image both on the street and on the showroom floor.
Each dealer has one person to sell the GT-R, and I believe it's the top sales manager. They do get special training. Course they probably send out their peons to catch the fish.
Old 05-23-2008, 08:56 PM
Members

Originally Posted by jsimon7777' post='587328' date='May 24 2008, 12:42 AM
Each dealer has one person to sell the GT-R, and I believe it's the top sales manager. They do get special training. Course they probably send out their peons to catch the fish.
Well let's put it this way...that fool has seriously tarnished any of Nissan efforts to present their product in value-added light IMHO. I certainly think less of going to a Nissan dealer after reading his posts. Aside from the assumption that the GT-R is a seemingly capable enough car, I certainly don't feel inspired to associate myself with that type of character if he respresents the "new Nissan", and I just ordered a similarly priced car this week.

I stand by my assertion that the GT-R will be selling at a discount in less than 6 months.

Quick Reply: GTR IS COMEING...