The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

GTR IS COMEING...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 04:25 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i, SMG, Nav, Pro Logic, etc.

Here's an edmunds comparison between the following on the track and the street:

GTR
Audi R8
Mitsubishi Evo X MR
Porsche 911 Carrera
Lotus Elise SC
Subaru WRX STI
(Shown in the order they were ranked)

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpcontainers/...3/pageNumber=1#

If you click on the link to the video at the top of the page you can see the video comparison and results... The GTR apparently dominated, but I'd take the R8...
Old 06-12-2008, 05:00 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by FastLane' post='601573' date='Jun 12 2008, 05:25 PM
Here's an edmunds comparison between the following on the track and the street:

GTR
Audi R8
Mitsubishi Evo X MR
Porsche 911 Carrera
Lotus Elise SC
Subaru WRX STI
(Shown in the order they were ranked)

http://www.edmunds.com/apps/vdpcontainers/...3/pageNumber=1#

If you click on the link to the video at the top of the page you can see the video comparison and results... The GTR apparently dominated, but I'd take the R8...
Strange list of cars they chose to put the GT-R up against.

Before the GT-R came out, everyone was comparing it to the Z06. Simply because it could take over the "bang-for-the-buck" title.

Still haven't seen a Z06 vs GT-R head to head match up.
Old 06-12-2008, 09:26 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i, SMG, Nav, Pro Logic, etc.

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='601592' date='Jun 12 2008, 09:00 PM
Strange list of cars they chose to put the GT-R up against.

Before the GT-R came out, everyone was comparing it to the Z06. Simply because it could take over the "bang-for-the-buck" title.

Still haven't seen a Z06 vs GT-R head to head match up.

In the article it says:

"... there's only one genre missing from this otherwise comprehensive list ? the big-power, rear-drive supercar. But it wasn't for a lack of trying.

Fact is, we asked Chevy for a 2008 Corvette Z06 and we asked Dodge for a 2008 Viper SRT10, but both refused to loan us their cars ? presumably because we'd be testing their best metal against the almighty GT-R.

Sniff, sniff. Does somebody smell chicken?"

The results also quote and link to an article that says the GT-R is faster than the 911-Turbo
Old 06-13-2008, 02:15 PM
Contributors

im tellin you guys this car is by all means no joke at all.... i just got back from vegas (again) lol... my job sent me there again for more tranning for the GTR..... all i can say is .. the car is amazing.. the first time around i was star struck... now im in la la land.... i drove the car as hard as i could.. it didnt want to give it holds in the turns as if the car was on some kind of super glue.. this time around they had a gun metal one there... the car lQQks amazing in this color... the wheels blend very nice..... just wanted to share my 3 days in vegas with the beast (GTR)....
Old 06-13-2008, 09:06 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 BMW 545i, Silver Grey, Sport Package, R. Shades, Cold Pkg, Sat. Rad., Prem. Sound.

Originally Posted by 530ISPORT' post='602179' date='Jun 13 2008, 05:15 PM
im tellin you guys this car is by all means no joke at all.... i just got back from vegas (again) lol... my job sent me there again for more tranning for the GTR..... all i can say is .. the car is amazing.. the first time around i was star struck... now im in la la land.... i drove the car as hard as i could.. it didnt want to give it holds in the turns as if the car was on some kind of super glue.. this time around they had a gun metal one there... the car lQQks amazing in this color... the wheels blend very nice..... just wanted to share my 3 days in vegas with the beast (GTR)....
You don't know how to drive. Give it me and I'll powerslide that baby in a heartbeat. It ain't bullet proof.
Old 06-13-2008, 11:09 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by FastLane' post='601741' date='Jun 12 2008, 10:26 PM
In the article it says:

"... there's only one genre missing from this otherwise comprehensive list ? the big-power, rear-drive supercar. But it wasn't for a lack of trying.

Fact is, we asked Chevy for a 2008 Corvette Z06 and we asked Dodge for a 2008 Viper SRT10, but both refused to loan us their cars ? presumably because we'd be testing their best metal against the almighty GT-R.

Sniff, sniff. Does somebody smell chicken?"

The results also quote and link to an article that says the GT-R is faster than the 911-Turbo
I could care less what the article says. How hard is it to get a hold of a Z06? Please...

After reading the M3, 911 Turbo, and GT-R comparo. The GT-R is a little hyped up, not saying it isn't amazing.

It was touted as the 911 Turbo killer. Both cars were tested on the same day, same conditions. The 911 turbo had the fastest 0-30, 0-60, 0-140 and the fastest 1/4 mile. It also had the best 70-0 braking and skidpad numbers. And to boot, the 911 turbo had the best gas mileage.
Old 06-14-2008, 04:54 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='602428' date='Jun 14 2008, 03:09 AM
I could care less what the article says. How hard is it to get a hold of a Z06? Please...

After reading the M3, 911 Turbo, and GT-R comparo. The GT-R is a little hyped up, not saying it isn't amazing.

It was touted as the 911 Turbo killer. Both cars were tested on the same day, same conditions. The 911 turbo had the fastest 0-30, 0-60, 0-140 and the fastest 1/4 mile. It also had the best 70-0 braking and skidpad numbers. And to boot, the 911 turbo had the best gas mileage.
your right... the GTR is getting alot of hype because of the price of the car... the 911 over all is a much better car.. no question.... but at the same time the GTR is SLEEPER and the reason they didnt get the z-06 and the viper is because they know dam well that the GTR is going to spank both in qulity off the line power over all as well... there will be test very soon against the z-06 and viper... its in the works as we speak... rest asured that the GTR is going to give those two a run for the money.....
Old 06-14-2008, 07:00 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 BMW 550i 2006 BMW X3

Originally Posted by 530ISPORT' post='602486' date='Jun 14 2008, 08:54 AM
your right... the GTR is getting alot of hype because of the price of the car... the 911 over all is a much better car.. no question.... but at the same time the GTR is SLEEPER and the reason they didnt get the z-06 and the viper is because they know dam well that the GTR is going to spank both in qulity off the line power over all as well... there will be test very soon against the z-06 and viper... its in the works as we speak... rest asured that the GTR is going to give those two a run for the money.....
The GTR appears to have amazing performance, especially for the price (assuming you can get one at list). It would be interesting to compare it to the Z06 & Viper being a similar price. Although, neither of those cars strong points are handling & response, they are more brutes. The M3, 911TT, & GTR test did bring up one great point. The AWD, etc of the GTR makes for fool proof handling at high limits but detracts from the "fun" factor of being able to toss a car around such as the M3 can. Even it is more heavy feeling and isolated than the best cars of the past.

I have never owned a light weight sports car but have owned a car similar to the GTR (Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4). Its AWD, all wheel steering, active aero, etc were amazing and gave it fool proof high limits handling but the car was critized for being over weight and non-responsive.
Old 06-14-2008, 01:21 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 05 530 Titanium Silver/Sexy black

Originally Posted by 530ISPORT' post='602486' date='Jun 14 2008, 08:54 AM

I'm curious, how old are you and what is your highest level of education?
Old 06-15-2008, 09:18 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by xexyus' post='602686' date='Jun 14 2008, 05:21 PM
I'm curious, how old are you and what is your highest level of education?
im curious as well... do you ever give up... enough with your bull sh6t ... the GTR is the car right now... whats your ss# and address and your first and last name .... please grow up.... take your bike and drive off a cliff....

Quick Reply: GTR IS COMEING...