The Competition Discuss the competition to the BMW 5 Series here. Mercedes, Audi, etc...

2008 CTS

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2007, 03:37 PM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by ipp' post='497925' date='Nov 22 2007, 04:16 PM
Ok, I've been driven a lot of US cars the recent years since I've been a lot to the US. And to me the CTS doesn't perform very well. I like the 300C better, and I don't even like it...
I doubt you've driven the CTS which is the subject of this thread. It's a pretty recent model, and it is actually very good...
Old 11-22-2007, 04:00 PM
Contributors

This ain't your grandmother's Cadillac. The 2008 CTS certainly has to be the best driving American sedan ever built.
[/quote]

Agreed. But the 5 has to be the best driving German sedan ever built. So if it's a choice between the CTS and the 5, no question in my mind.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:26 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by ipp' post='497925' date='Nov 22 2007, 05:16 PM
Ok, I've been driven a lot of US cars the recent years since I've been a lot to the US. And to me the CTS doesn't perform very well. I like the 300C better, and I don't even like it...
Yes, we are talking about the new CTS (2008), which just won Motor Trend car of the year award.

And no the 300C doesn't drive better than the old and new CTS. Not even close, the 300C is a boat.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:21 AM
Members

Originally Posted by westcoast550' post='475087' date='Sep 27 2007, 01:30 PM
Con - Made in the US by GM

Bingo!
Old 11-23-2007, 10:29 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 Porsche 911 Carrera S Convertible. Midnight Blue, 6 Speed.Retired - 2007 997 Carrera S, Midnight Blue, Grey leather, premium audioRetired - 2007 550i, Monaco Blue over Beige, Navigation, Logic 7, Cold Weather Pack, Comfort Access, Sport Package
Model Year: 2008

Originally Posted by mikeg7' post='498203' date='Nov 23 2007, 11:21 AM
Bingo!
GM is getting pretty good results on the JD Power surveys theses days.
Old 11-23-2007, 10:54 AM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Cadillac XLR // Silver with Black Interior 2002 Lincoln LS // Silver with Grey Interior [En Route] 2008 Black Sapphire Metallic 535xi // Black Nasca Leather // 18" Star Spoke Wheels // Sport, Premium & Cold Pkg // Bamboo Anthracite Trim & Headliner // Comfort Access // Head-up Display // Navigation // Logic 7 // HD Radio // Ipod // Sunshades

I have an 04 XLR and it's been trouble since day one. I would NOT recommend that anyone buy a Cadillac under any circumstances! The dealerships (at least around here) are terrible. One of them actually broke my windshield in half and then tried to stall me so I wouldn't find out about it. They "yes" you to death telling you your car will be ready "tomorrow" when they know damn well that it won't. This has been my experience with 3 dealerships. They had my car in for 18 days for a check engine light! I had to file a formal complaint with GM to get them to fix it and then it was fixed the next day. I have also talked to many other Caddy owners and they all have had bad experiences at some point or another. This may be a harsh post but I have lost all faith in Cadillac. I do like the styling of the CTS and I love my XLR but when the warranty is up next July it will be someone else's headache, not mine.
Old 11-23-2007, 03:33 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by DynaSpy' post='498209' date='Nov 23 2007, 12:54 PM
I have an 04 XLR and it's been trouble since day one. I would NOT recommend that anyone buy a Cadillac under any circumstances! The dealerships (at least around here) are terrible. One of them actually broke my windshield in half and then tried to stall me so I wouldn't find out about it. They "yes" you to death telling you your car will be ready "tomorrow" when they know damn well that it won't. This has been my experience with 3 dealerships. They had my car in for 18 days for a check engine light! I had to file a formal complaint with GM to get them to fix it and then it was fixed the next day. I have also talked to many other Caddy owners and they all have had bad experiences at some point or another. This may be a harsh post but I have lost all faith in Cadillac. I do like the styling of the CTS and I love my XLR but when the warranty is up next July it will be someone else's headache, not mine.
I don't think you can speak for all Cadillac owners, thats just your experience.

I have had very similar experience with my 5-series. It has been in and out of the dealership so many times, I have lost count. Just had a new transmission installed at only 40,000 miles.

But I know other people haven't had any problems with their 5. One mans problems is not an indicator that the whole brand is no good.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:44 PM
Members

Originally Posted by DynaSpy' post='498209' date='Nov 23 2007, 02:54 PM
This is exactly how the BMW dealers are here in Michigan. Certain things you just give up on. They actually forgot to put the fan back on my old 328 after replacing the belt. I knew the AC wasn't working right and had them look at it - two more times. It was a relative that was a retired GM tech that came over and went through trouble shooting. First - take a look under the hood for anything obvious. Then he pulled the fan out and laughed his *** off. Go figure.
Old 11-23-2007, 05:48 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 Cadillac XLR // Silver with Black Interior 2002 Lincoln LS // Silver with Grey Interior [En Route] 2008 Black Sapphire Metallic 535xi // Black Nasca Leather // 18" Star Spoke Wheels // Sport, Premium & Cold Pkg // Bamboo Anthracite Trim & Headliner // Comfort Access // Head-up Display // Navigation // Logic 7 // HD Radio // Ipod // Sunshades

Originally Posted by chriscpm' post='498335' date='Nov 23 2007, 09:44 PM
This is exactly how the BMW dealers are here in Michigan. Certain things you just give up on. They actually forgot to put the fan back on my old 328 after replacing the belt. I knew the AC wasn't working right and had them look at it - two more times. It was a relative that was a retired GM tech that came over and went through trouble shooting. First - take a look under the hood for anything obvious. Then he pulled the fan out and laughed his *** off. Go figure.
Oh yea, I forgot to mention that none of the 3 dealerships could fix my AC. I brought it in at least 6 times over the summer and by the end of the summer I just gave up since I was going to be selling it before Spring anyway. I guess maybe I should change my recommendation to "Don't buy a Cadillac if you live on LI because all the dealerships suck." :thumbsdown:
Old 11-24-2007, 02:01 AM
ipp
Senior Members

My Ride: 07' 530d - M-Sport - Titanium Silver / Black Dakota leather 08' 120i - M-Sport - Alpine White III / Black Sensatec

Originally Posted by JetBlack5OC' post='497953' date='Nov 23 2007, 03:26 AM
Yes, we are talking about the new CTS (2008), which just won Motor Trend car of the year award.

And no the 300C doesn't drive better than the old and new CTS. Not even close, the 300C is a boat.
OK, didn't realize there was a new model, sorry. I've driven the old model with 6 cylinder engine, and I wasn't very impressed.

Quick Reply: 2008 CTS