Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

WARNING!!! beware of member bahamutzyro (Rich)

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2009 | 07:57 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2009 Alpine White e92 M3

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='935116' date='Jul 7 2009, 11:45 AM
This seems like a reasonable transaction to me. I don't see any need to be warned of this seller. He sold you what he told you he was selling. Sorry Ricky.
The Law has spoken! Meeting adjourned!!!
Old 07-07-2009 | 08:00 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Sport Package Limo Tinted, Heads up display, Fully Loaded Minus Cold Weather Package and Rear window Sunshades.

Originally Posted by bahamutzyro' post='934810' date='Jul 6 2009, 09:38 PM
1st off i sent him pics of everything and told him what it was upfront. my car has only 45000 miles on it. bmw changed the rotors and bads at 30000 covered under my maintainance contract. i sent him pics of what i had before we agreed on anything. he agreed and used his shipping account. i sent him all 4 caliper and brackets as well as all four rotors and front pads. i forgot to pack the rears. when he told me they were not there i told him i would send them out but he said he didnt want them. he then told me he had to finish the rotors and replace pads. i told him i would refund him 75.00 as i told him these parts were used. these brakes were fine by the way as i replaced them with m5 brakes. they ran perfectly. obviously these were not new, however 600.00 for all for calipers, 4 rotors and pads is a fair deal. one used caliper alone runs for around 200.00-250.00 on ebay. i have a feedback of 315 on ebay 100%. ive never tried to get over on anyone. whats fair is fair. i just will never sell overseas again because of things like this

You really shouldn't even be defending yourself. This is ridiculous... I hope you have made up your mind that the $75 bonus refund is now off, and no longer available. If he's unsatisfied he should resell his kit for $1000 and try this all over again. What a little baby
Old 07-07-2009 | 08:02 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2005 545i Sport Package Limo Tinted, Heads up display, Fully Loaded Minus Cold Weather Package and Rear window Sunshades.

Originally Posted by C's Bimmer' post='935116
The Law has spoken! Meeting adjourned!!!

Old 07-07-2009 | 08:03 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

Originally Posted by Jrowe' post='935131' date='Jul 7 2009, 09:00 AM
You really shouldn't even be defending yourself. This is ridiculous... I hope you have made up your mind that the $75 bonus refund is now off, and no longer available. If he's unsatisfied he should resell his kit for $1000 and try this all over again. What a little baby

I guess Rich (and everyone else here) needs to start selling things with a disclaimer stating that there is NO WARRANTY implied or otherwise on used products.
Old 07-07-2009 | 03:13 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bahamutzyro' post='934810' date='Jul 7 2009, 01:38 AM
1st off i sent him pics of everything and told him what it was upfront. my car has only 45000 miles on it. bmw changed the rotors and bads at 30000 covered under my maintainance contract. i sent him pics of what i had before we agreed on anything. he agreed and used his shipping account. i sent him all 4 caliper and brackets as well as all four rotors and front pads. i forgot to pack the rears. when he told me they were not there i told him i would send them out but he said he didnt want them. he then told me he had to finish the rotors and replace pads. i told him i would refund him 75.00 as i told him these parts were used. these brakes were fine by the way as i replaced them with m5 brakes. they ran perfectly. obviously these were not new, however 600.00 for all for calipers, 4 rotors and pads is a fair deal. one used caliper alone runs for around 200.00-250.00 on ebay. i have a feedback of 315 on ebay 100%. ive never tried to get over on anyone. whats fair is fair. i just will never sell overseas again because of things like this
i retract my shady business statement. seems everything was legit and the price was fair. buying used anything you always run the risk its not going to what exactly what you want/need. Sorry for jumping to conclusions Rich! SELL ON SELL ON!
Old 07-07-2009 | 03:34 PM
Contributors

My Ride: '10 Switzer "Ultimate Street Edition" GT-R

Out here it only cost $30 to turn all 4 rotors....Not sure what pads cost, but there is still some meat on those pads....They should last at least another 10k miles or so....I'm sure pads wouldn't cost more than $150....IMHO I think you recieved a fair deal and also if you're going to all that trouble of upgrading your brakes, you might as well just change the pads since you have everything off....
Old 07-07-2009 | 03:51 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by skeeter' post='935643' date='Jul 7 2009, 06:34 PM
Out here it only cost $30 to turn all 4 rotors....Not sure what pads cost, but there is still some meat on those pads....They should last at least another 10k miles or so....I'm sure pads wouldn't cost more than $150....IMHO I think you recieved a fair deal and also if you're going to all that trouble of upgrading your brakes, you might as well just change the pads since you have everything off....
using old pads on fresh rotors is a no no correct?
Old 07-07-2009 | 06:59 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 530i Mods: M5 sporty package, M5 Steering wheel, Sprint Booster

Originally Posted by bahamutzyro' post='935100' date='Jul 7 2009, 11:33 PM
yougave me options? your trying to get a complete e60 bmw brake set calipers, rotors and pads for 450.00. thats unrealistic. i offered you 75.00 refund because you say that you had to cut rotors. you say thats not enough. your trying to get over. i told you shipping was expensive you said you didnt care. thats ok you can bash me. i know what i gave you and the shape they were in. i take good care of my cars and ive sold to people here as well as on ebay with no issues.
Please ask my last question

what is refund amount you can pay back and when?

Please don't repeat above which I am not interesting anymore. Did you remember that from day one I am interested your caliper only. I should not buy used rotors and pads if you did not insist your rotors and pads still in good condition. Is it my over look and need to suffer? But that rotors and pads condition are not like your description on used miles.

By the way, you have improvement on reply question daily instead of before, but the answer is not correct
Old 07-07-2009 | 11:34 PM
Banned

My Ride: A Car

here's my honest opinion. With brake pads for 15000 miles for Ghostteck driving and 15000 miles of C's Bimmer driving can be a significant difference.
Old 07-07-2009 | 11:43 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

I think this thread is COMPLETELY UNFAIR to the seller (member bahamutzyro) and should be closed.

It is everyone's opinion (except for the buyer) that the transaction was completely fair and legit - why should Rich (bahamuzyro) continue to get a bad rep because of some guy who just doesn't want to act like a grown up?!

And Ricky, I have to say, I doubt I'll ever do business with you - should I ever find myself in position to do so. Seems like you're keen on getting more for your money than was offered at the sale. If Rich does refund you and takes the items back, he's a saint! Although, I wouldn't trust you to send everything back and even if you do send everything back, I doubt that everything you're sending back is in the same condition that it was in at the time of the purchase.

POINT IS: He does NOT have to refund you. You can disagree all you want, but the truth is, YOU KNEW WHAT YOU WERE BUYING. And your shady business (to borrow a phrase from Brett) with the manipulated photos should have been the only sign necessary to deem you a schemer, but I gave you the benefit of the doubt. You've failed to prove your right. Act like a man!