Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

WARNING!!! beware of member bahamutzyro (Rich)

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2009, 12:03 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 530i Mods: M5 sporty package, M5 Steering wheel, Sprint Booster
Smile

Hi buddies,

A member bahamutzyro (Rich) whose came from NYC.

He sold me his used 545 brake kit with calipers (used 44000 miles) ; rotors and pads (used 15000 miles) on May 23.

June 04 - got the shipment and send PM back to seller
Without the rear pads. The rotors and the front pads working condition were worst.
They definitely used over 15000 and like 40000 miles which inspected by our side garage officer and took photos compare with others.

June 05 - seller said "forgot put the rear pads together and claimed ship again that rear pads ( but haven't prompt under his cost)
About the rotors and front pads just replied as BMW changed those pads and rotors at 30000 miles my car has 44000 miles now.

June 06 - I told him no need the wear out rear pads anymore and request other resolution method, because I need to buy all new pads and refinished the rotors to make that kit work.

June 08 - seller replied the calipers price in new is 500 and 400. ( I told him I am not complain the caliper and price is new is meaningless for me)

June 12 - seller replied "calipers retail for 1800.00 at dealer and pads and rotor retail for 1500.00 you paid 600.00 for everything. that is a bargain" (I told him price is new is meaningless for me again.)

June 13 - seller said "send me everything back and i will refund you." (but he haven't told me willing pay the shipping charge)

June 19 - seller said "i can send you 75.00 refund for your trouble" ( I request 150.00 since I need 300.00 to buy all 4 pads and refinished rotors, request seller bare half )

July 02 - seller repeat again kit in new is 3000 and worth of parts for 600.00 anywhere for a bmw.......

Normal used 15000 miles rotors (less light expose; flat in surface means wear out in less)
WARNING!!! beware of member bahamutzyro (Rich)-dscn7909.jpg

bahamutzyro (Rich) rotors ( light expose a lot and scratch in depth)
WARNING!!! beware of member bahamutzyro (Rich)-dscn7908.jpg

Normal use 15000 miles pads thickness
WARNING!!! beware of member bahamutzyro (Rich)-dscn7912.jpg

bahamutzyro (Rich) 15000 miles pads thickness
WARNING!!! beware of member bahamutzyro (Rich)-dscn7918.jpg

This seller bahamutzyro (Rich) from NYC took less responsibility from his sale and play around the circle about buyer questions. I wonder kit without rear pads how to make it work :thumbsdown:
Old 07-06-2009, 12:17 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 545i Sport
Model Year: 2004
Engine: N62

This is the reason I prefer local pick-up only for my used 545 Brakes (rotors, calipers and pads(new).
I can help with the install plus the buyer sees what he's getting. I hope you guys settle this dispute amicably.
Old 07-06-2009, 12:21 AM
Contributors

My Ride: Alpine White 2006 530Xi (SLD)

Ricky1329, you're a respected member on here, but you got me thinking twice whether I would ever wanna deal with you, honestly. And I'm not saying it viciously - just discussing my opinion with you openly, ok.

Two reasons (if you're curious):
1. Those pics of the rotor wear are not taken with the ruler in the same place on both rotors - in the first pic the ruler rests on the rotor's surface before the ridge. In the second - the ruler is resting on the ridge, making it LOOK LIKE the rotor is worn more than it actually is. Who are you trying to fool around here?
2. You bad-mouth this seller as though he's scammed you. In the meantime, he's offered resolution to you. Just because you don't like it and don't want to discuss things with him doesn't give you a right to go and post bad feedback on the guy. His allegedly understated wear on the items notwithstanding, I don't see ANY reason for anyone to be any more careful dealing with this guy vs. any other seller.

IMHO THIS IS A COMPLTELY UNFAIR REVIEW, guy, sorry
Old 07-06-2009, 12:56 AM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 545i Sport
Engine: N62

Originally Posted by ricky1329' post='933760' date='Jul 6 2009, 01:03 AM
... you paid 600.00 for everything. that is a bargain ...
For the front and rear calipers with carriers alone, that was a reasonable price, if shipping to Hong Kong was included.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:00 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Rizbel' post='933769' date='Jul 6 2009, 04:17 PM
This is the reason I prefer local pick-up only for my used 545 Brakes (rotors, calipers and pads(new).
I can help with the install plus the buyer sees what he's getting. I hope you guys settle this dispute amicably.
I try to fix with Rich in private over a month by no result. Therefore, post to forum and let buddies know.

NEVER BUY USED ROTORS AND PADS. USED CALIPERS is OK
Old 07-06-2009, 01:05 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ricky1329' post='933786' date='Jul 6 2009, 05:00 AM
I try to fix with Rich in private over a month by no result. Therefore, post to forum and let buddies know.

NEVER BUY USED ROTORS AND PADS. USED CALIPERS is OK
Could not agree with you more - rotors and pads should only be purchased new. Otherwise, you're risking to have this issue every time. In general, most wear items should be bought new or inspected in person prior to payment. That said, I'd never sell wear items any other way than "all sales are final" - this way, you know you're taking a big risk buying, so you won't blame me if something is not up to your standards afterward.

Obviously, Ricky seems like a fair guy and is open to discussion, let's see what Rich has to say now.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:14 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='933771' date='Jul 6 2009, 04:21 PM
Ricky1329, you're a respected member on here, but you got me thinking twice whether I would ever wanna deal with you, honestly. And I'm not saying it viciously - just discussing my opinion with you openly, ok.

Two reasons (if you're curious):
1. Those pics of the rotor wear are not taken with the ruler in the same place on both rotors - in the first pic the ruler rests on the rotor's surface before the ridge. In the second - the ruler is resting on the ridge, making it LOOK LIKE the rotor is worn more than it actually is. Who are you trying to fool around here?
2. You bad-mouth this seller as though he's scammed you. In the meantime, he's offered resolution to you. Just because you don't like it and don't want to discuss things with him doesn't give you a right to go and post bad feedback on the guy. His allegedly understated wear on the items notwithstanding, I don't see ANY reason for anyone to be any more careful dealing with this guy vs. any other seller.

IMHO THIS IS A COMPLTELY UNFAIR REVIEW, guy, sorry
I am not a professional photographer. the photo just want to show their different in wear out and rough surface. How about the pads photo? The best way is don't provide photo as evidence and just talking if I need to fool around
Seller never offer any resoluation and I just don't want to post too much. I can post all our PM if need.
I think you also don't happy if bought a kit without pads.
You are really open mind and willing to take risk.

THIS IS A UNCOMPLTELY kit UNFAIR to me
Old 07-06-2009, 01:29 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by ricky1329' post='933790' date='Jul 6 2009, 05:14 AM
I am not a professional photographer. the photo just want to show their different in wear out and rough surface. How about the pads photo? The best way is don't provide photo as evidence and just talking if I need to fool around
Seller never offer any resoluation and I just don't want to post too much. I can post all our PM if need.
I think you also don't happy if bought a kit without pads.
You are really open mind and willing to take risk.

THIS IS A UNCOMPLTELY kit UNFAIR to me
To answer your post:

1. I understand that you're not a professional photographer, but still the rotor pics were "manipulated" - you can't explain that away now, buddy.

2. You said it yourself that seller offered to resolve ("...June 19 - seller said "i can send you 75.00 refund for your trouble") - however insufficient a resolution you deemed it to be, it WAS a beginning of a resolution that appears to have been squashed by the buyer - WHY???

3. You bought wear and tear items. It is generally assumed that ANY wear and tear items are sold as is and nobody refunds on these. You took the risk and bought it. You should have taken care of the details before the purchase - not now, a month or so later. You should have known what you were paying for in detail. IF there's a discrepancy between the seller's description and the actual item and you can prove it, then there can be some resolution possible. Otherwise, you're being completely unreasonable, asking for considerations normally never provided to anyone. But again, this is all based on what YOU said. I emplore the seller to make his position public to clarify any confusion here.

Ricky, I suggest you wait for Rich to respond, because with your every successive post you're only making me (and anyone else who would read this) think that you're trying to get something extra for your money here. In other words, so far, you appear less fair than Rich in this situation.

I'm completely impartial here, btw - I have never even spoken with this seller over PM, nor on the forums, as far as I can remember. The only reason I'm speaking out here is because it looks to me like someone is getting a bad rep and its not clear to me whether it is deserved. Let's see what Rich has to say before throwing any more words around, ok?!
Old 07-06-2009, 01:45 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545i

i never had a problem with Rich, he sold me his used dension kit.
Old 07-06-2009, 01:47 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by v_therussian' post='933795' date='Jul 6 2009, 05:29 PM
To answer your post:

1. I understand that you're not a professional photographer, but still the rotor pics were "manipulated" - you can't explain that away now, buddy.

2. You said it yourself that seller offered to resolve ("...June 19 - seller said "i can send you 75.00 refund for your trouble") - however insufficient a resolution you deemed it to be, it WAS a beginning of a resolution that appears to have been squashed by the buyer - WHY???

3. You bought wear and tear items. It is generally assumed that ANY wear and tear items are sold as is and nobody refunds on these. You took the risk and bought it. You should have taken care of the details before the purchase - not now, a month or so later. You should have known what you were paying for in detail. IF there's a discrepancy between the seller's description and the actual item and you can prove it, then there can be some resolution possible. Otherwise, you're being completely unreasonable, asking for considerations normally never provided to anyone. But again, this is all based on what YOU said. I emplore the seller to make his position public to clarify any confusion here.

Ricky, I suggest you wait for Rich to respond, because with your every successive post you're only making me (and anyone else who would read this) think that you're trying to get something extra for your money here. In other words, so far, you appear less fair than Rich in this situation.

I'm completely impartial here, btw - I have never even spoken with this seller over PM, nor on the forums, as far as I can remember. The only reason I'm speaking out here is because it looks to me like someone is getting a bad rep and its not clear to me whether it is deserved. Let's see what Rich has to say before throwing any more words around, ok?!
I absolutely no complain at all if one day seller told me used in 40000 miles.
OK, I will keep silence until seller have reply.