Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

JLEVIstreetwerks.com BUYER BEWARE

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2010, 09:34 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

last week a rock hit my front grill and chipped a piece of plastic off I decide to buy a new grill i noticed that JLEVIstreetwerks.com had the grill for sale the lowest price I can find (big mistake, you get what you pay for). I ordered the grill for my e60 and it arrived a few days later. i installed it immediately normally installation of grill is easy 20mins but not this cheap piece of sh*t. it took me 45 mins and the grill fitment was bad very bad the clips didn?t line up and during the installation one of the clips broke off because it didn?t line up. The grill seemed to be smaller around the edges because there were gaps between the bumper and the grill so big I can see through the gabs to the radiator. I should have stopped but I needed a grill because my original grill was damaged. Basically don?t buy grills from JLEVIstreetwerks.com they sell bad fitting cheap grills and I will never buy anything from them again the worst part I bought for my car. Just a heads up to anyone looking to buy a grill from them, don?t! DON?T BUY FROM THEM BEWARE, I am pissed off I bought this grill from them (I can?t return it because a clip broke because the material is cheap and brittle and the clips didn?t line up). :thumbsdown:
Old 12-18-2010, 01:26 AM
Members

My Ride: 07 525i mystic blue / black concept one staggered wheels 19x8.5 19x10.5

thats sucks man i was thinking of getting my grill from there too
lol
:thumbsdown:
Old 12-18-2010, 06:17 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by jscott301
last week a rock hit my front grill and chipped a piece of plastic off I decide to buy a new grill i noticed that JLEVIstreetwerks.com had the grill for sale the lowest price I can find (big mistake, you get what you pay for). I ordered the grill for my e60 and it arrived a few days later. i installed it immediately normally installation of grill is easy 20mins but not this cheap piece of sh*t. it took me 45 mins and the grill fitment was bad very bad the clips didn?t line up and during the installation one of the clips broke off because it didn?t line up. The grill seemed to be smaller around the edges because there were gaps between the bumper and the grill so big I can see through the gabs to the radiator. I should have stopped but I needed a grill because my original grill was damaged. Basically don?t buy grills from JLEVIstreetwerks.com they sell bad fitting cheap grills and I will never buy anything from them again the worst part I bought for my car. Just a heads up to anyone looking to buy a grill from them, don?t! DON?T BUY FROM THEM BEWARE, I am pissed off I bought this grill from them (I can?t return it because a clip broke because the material is cheap and brittle and the clips didn?t line up). :thumbsdown:

Have you tried contacting JLEVI for a solution?
Old 12-19-2010, 07:58 PM
Senior Members

I got mine custom painted from them and they fit perfectly
Maybe you just got a bad set
Old 12-20-2010, 11:09 AM
Contributors

I would highly encourage contacting the vendor first if you haven't already. Though it may be frustrating for you to have this situation happen, a vendor as big as JSLevi should be able to fix this problem for you if you can at least prove the statements you made above, especially for something as inexpensive as plastic grills. If all else fails then you can report to the BBB, but at least you tried right?
Old 12-21-2010, 10:50 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 2006 530i mystic blue

i went with the grill from trinity it was a lil more then jlevi but it fit like a glove. even tho i did break a clip too. plastic is only so forgiving
Old 12-21-2010, 01:37 PM
Members

I did contact Jlevisw but since one of the tabs broke there is no way they will take it back, basically I wrote this because you get what up pay for and the grill from Jlevisw had very poor fitment and the tabs didn?t line up and the material is brittle. I have installed a few grills on my car and this one was by far the most difficult and time consuming one. I should of inspected the grills closely and given up after the first 20 mins of trying to install (it normally takes 20mins to install 2 good fitting grills). I know some of the forum members like Jlevisw which is fine not everyone likes the same things but I was upset, now I realized I will buy from Trinity.
Old 12-27-2010, 06:51 AM
Members

I've been debating getting my grill from jlevisw or trinity. I guess I'll go with trinity, thanks.
Old 12-28-2010, 04:26 PM
Contributors

Hey by all means everyone is entitled to choose where they give their business, I was just trying to give a objective suggestion so hopefully it didn't come off as blowing off your frustrations with Jlevi. I actually have never dealt with them so cannot give comment on their customer service, but I do know Joe and Nerwyll of Trinity are always upfront and outstanding guys so going with them shouldn't be a problem.