Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

getbmwparts.com - a complete disaster

Old 11-10-2010, 12:33 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 550i

Decided to give them a try, ordered a set of wheels plus related accessories (caps, valves, wheel bolts etc.) - seems like it's going to be a big regret.
2 wheels came in yesterday, one is severely scratched - they put wheel bolts in a thin plastic bag, which of course broke off and bolts damaged the wheel. But the best part - another 2 wheels from my order went to guy in Florida!! He just left me a voice mail.
Sent 3 e-mails today - no response. Looks like these guys are complete f.. ups.
Think twice before ordering from them.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

tischer bmw and getbmwparts.com is one in the same....have you tried contacting them directly? I believe member evan@tischer even lists his AIM contact info:

http://forums.5serie...93-evantischer/
Old 11-10-2010, 12:42 PM
Contributors

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
My Ride: 2008 550I LOADED, all options except HUD and NV

I dunno, I bought my new Aux port from them and everything seems to be going smoothly. I should have it today or tomorrow. Like Gene said, try contacting Evan to see what he can do for you. Good luck
Old 11-10-2010, 12:45 PM
Members

My Ride: 550i

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
tischer bmw and getbmwparts.com is one in the same....have you tried contacting them directly? I believe member evan@tischer even lists his AIM contact info:

http://forums.5serie...93-evantischer/
well, based on their wen site they are not the same:

"GetBMWparts.com does not have a direct phone number as we do not accept phone calls, so please contact us electronically by the methods above. Our Internet Parts Dept. is a completely separate dept. at Tischer BMW and has no affiliation with the retail parts dept."

http://getbmwparts.com/contact_form.html

Anyway I got a reply finally, hopefully the situation will get resolved. I am just stunned about how these guys do the business, never had anything like that happened to me, and I order online a lot.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by hooch999
well, based on their wen site they are not the same:

"GetBMWparts.com does not have a direct phone number as we do not accept phone calls, so please contact us electronically by the methods above. Our Internet Parts Dept. is a completely separate dept. at Tischer BMW and has no affiliation with the retail parts dept."

http://getbmwparts.c...ntact_form.html

Anyway I got a reply finally, hopefully the situation will get resolved. I am just stunned about how these guys do the business, never had anything like that happened to me, and I order online a lot.
interesting...so getbmwparts is their internet department, yet separates themselves from the actual dealership even tho they share the same employees and who knows what else

GL with your current situation, hope things get resolved...
Old 11-10-2010, 03:03 PM
Contributors

My Ride: Bmw
Model Year: 2006

Decided to give them a try, ordered a set of wheels plus related accessories (caps, valves, wheel bolts etc.) - seems like it's going to be a big regret.
2 wheels came in yesterday, one is severely scratched - they put wheel bolts in a thin plastic bag, which of course broke off and bolts damaged the wheel. But the best part - another 2 wheels from my order went to guy in Florida!! He just left me a voice mail.
Sent 3 e-mails today - no response. Looks like these guys are complete f.. ups.
Think twice before ordering from them.
I have deal with Ticher BMW (getbmwparts.com) on various occasions, dont be startled if something like this happens. From a list of parts I ordered there were these wheel locks that looked like they were surely used before, sent them an email.
They responded in 48 hrs and took care of the issue with a paid return.

I would say, for the price, the OEM stuff they have, they are great but then there are other issues like the one you and me have had.
Call up Jason - The Internet Parts Manager (Ticher BMW) he will help you out - He is a very nice guy.

Also, who ever says TicherBMW and getbmwparts are not the same is a complete CLOWN and does not know what he is talking about. I have ordered on getbmwparts.com and picked up the order at Ticher (you have to pay for shipping but can hold it to have it picked up) -- Can you put the pieces together
Thanks,
Old 11-10-2010, 03:13 PM
Members

This statement alone would have steered me away..Hope you are able to get a resolution.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW

Originally Posted by GENEaTALS
interesting...so getbmwparts is their internet department, yet separates themselves from the actual dealership even tho they share the same employees and who knows what else
That basically sums it up. getbmwparts.com is just a domain name. It does not necessarily have to be an actual company's name. In that note, if you do a whois on getbmwparts.com and tischerbmw.com, both of them use nsx.atlanticauto.com for their DNS servers.

I placed orders from them before. One time, I was missing an item from my order. The last time they messed up big time. My order was just under $200. Instead I was shipped somebody elses order (CF spoiler for 1 series, other CF mod pieces for a 1 series, as well as betalink and other items to put said mods in place). I checked and that order totalled about $900. I could have easily ebay'd the items re-order my stuff someplace else as well as get a profit. However, I emailed them right away with some pictures of the parts and the invoice that was sent. They sent me a return label to ship the wrong stuff out and shipped my stuff to me right away.

The thing is, the outside of the box had my shipping label and info. However, inside was somebody elses. In a sense, they would have never known what happened had I not contacted them.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:37 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2005 530i Silver Gray/ Gray Leather. SP,PP

My question to you guys is why aren't you ordering from Garry @ Newport BMW.

I've made at least 20 purchases in the past 3 years and never had any issues.

I've also price check p/n with Tischer numerous time and Garry was always cheaper.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:05 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW

I have been using onlinebmwparts.com. It's cheaper than both Newport (even wirh the forum discount) and Tischer. At least with the stuff I bought.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: getbmwparts.com - a complete disaster