Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

BURNED ON OEM BUMPER PURCHASE (member buckwildx22)

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2011, 04:18 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

u know i really honestly thought about refunding him some money but after reading his post again i dont think im going to. stop ATTACKING me in a nice way. this is not something i have to do. i left you a vm and you thanked me for leaving it. you said you were going to try to figure something out and then you go on the forum and put this up? i thought we were going to figure something out? forget it bro. now that i think about it, if i were to pay some money shouldnt the first seller who's phone number is listed on the thread refund me money? o wait no one cares about my situation right? im the bad guy? NEXT TIME LOOK AT THE PRODUCT WHEN ITS IN FRONT OF U. I ASKED YOU TO AND YOU DENIED!!!! good luck
Old 01-21-2011, 06:12 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by buckwildx22
u know i really honestly thought about refunding him some money but after reading his post again i dont think im going to. stop ATTACKING me in a nice way. this is not something i have to do. i left you a vm and you thanked me for leaving it. you said you were going to try to figure something out and then you go on the forum and put this up? i thought we were going to figure something out? forget it bro. now that i think about it, if i were to pay some money shouldnt the first seller who's phone number is listed on the thread refund me money? o wait no one cares about my situation right? im the bad guy? NEXT TIME LOOK AT THE PRODUCT WHEN ITS IN FRONT OF U. I ASKED YOU TO AND YOU DENIED!!!! good luck

What you thought and what condition the item actually was in are two different things, and just because you yourself didnt inspect the bumper enough to know it was damaged and redone DOES NOT absolve you of your obligation to the buyer.

You advertised an in new condition mtech, and thats not what you sold. You owe him a partial or full refund to make this right. If you choose not to then you might as well not show up on here anymore and if you try to sell anything, youll get bombarded as a scammer on all of your for sale threads.

Do the right thing
Old 01-21-2011, 08:59 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530i ~ Fully loaded | Sport Package 20" VIP Modular Wheels ICE by Method Sound M Style Body Kit Stop Tech BBK FK High Sport Coilovers RPI Exhaust RPI Air Intake

Originally Posted by buckwildx22

No need to go back and forth on this. You can paypal me at LEAST half the $400 (PM for email) but ultimately you decide what you want to do, your a grown man. To rebut the above ~ Unfortunately innocent or not we find ourselves in a situation together, please believe I can do without this headache as well. 1st phone call i made to you when i just got to the paint shop, you refused to refund money/take back the bumper (I said if it was truly a mistake then there is a RIGHT and WRONG thing to do in this situation). In a text later that night you said you cant/wont take back the bumper and/or refund any of my $$ because "how do were you know that im not hustling you"? Next day (Tuesday i beleive) in a voicemail around 6pm you said you wouldn't refund the money, its "a tough deal" or some shit like that because you thought it was "new" and you were sorry, etc but just wouldnt refund...

What are "we" to figure out together? Dont chane up for show homie. I had to "figure out" what my next step would be, yes... Apperently that was posting online. If im not getting my money back then i refuse to let your actions not be known on the forum i got ripped off on, it appears im not the only one who sees the TRUE issue at hand... You took your position in the matter, did I miss something? If you would like to do the right thing, then please PAYPAL me at LEAST HALF if not all my money back. You can take back the bumper I bought under a contractual agreement called "meeting of the minds" BELIEVING IT WAS NEW AS ADVERTISED, that piece of shit is up at a paint shop in huntington beach. Its not "if" you knew about the damage, thats not the point. You need to check yourself.

This is the last time i post on this matter. Thanks for backing me up everyone.

buckwildx22 or whatever your name is you can PM to get my paypal info and where YOUR bumper is. I have no intention of talking with you any further.

God Bless buckwildx22, do the right thing.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:47 PM
Members

good luck with this man....sounds like a mess....
Old 01-21-2011, 11:02 PM
Contributors

buckwildx22, man up and do the right thing. The right thing is to at a minimum issue a partial refund. Or give the gentlemen his full money back and take your quote unquote new bumper back.

You are in a bad situation from a legal standpoint. Advertising a product, the bumper as brand new and selling a used/damaged disguised as brand "new" is a BIG NO NO. Original OEM mtech bumpers from BMW have a gray primer color. The pictures you posted are evidence the bumper was NOT NEW. We are giving you the opportunity to do the right thing here. So stop the bullshitting about the member not examining the bumper closely. When I buy a "new" product, I expect it to be NEW...will give it a quick glance and make sure it looks new. The member here gave a quick glance, expect it to be new--and looks new. What the gentlemen did is what the high majority of us would have done when buying an advertised new product. The gentlemen later found that the product is not new and noticed evidence of tempering of the a "used" bumper to make it look new.

A plastic bumper is pretty much considered junk & worthless if there is extensive crack to repair it. No reputable body shop would repair or paint a bumper that has large crack to it. At this point, the gentlemen is being fair and reasonable--asking you to compensate for a product that he bought new but found out to be damaged & used before. The contractual agreement between you (buckwildx22) as a seller and the gentlemen as a buyer (5e60er) is an $xxx amount of money for a brand "new" bumper. As a seller you have not fullfilled your contractual agreement.

buckwildx22, like EuroCarFan says best, "if you want to go over and beyond...take the item back and resell it with pics and accurate description next time". Refund the buyer's money--that would make this whole situation right!
Old 01-22-2011, 11:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 04 525i, 04 Dinan M3

If you sold it as new, and your defense is, "You should have inspected it first". Well shouldn't YOU have inspected it first too to make sure it was new? Whoever did or didn't inspect it, doesn't change the fact its not new if it did indeed have damage. What was the extent of the damage? Was it split in half? Just a couple of scratched primer would take care of?
Old 01-22-2011, 12:41 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 530I Silver gray with gray leather with Premium Package, Logic 7 Premium sound system with Ipod interface, xenon adaptive headlights, Active steering, Power retractable rear sunshade, Comfort seats, Cold weather package and M5 OEM 166 wheels, Sprintbooster. Ceramic Tint all around, Bilstein Sports shocks with Eibach springs, Brake performance Rotors and Axxis ceramic pads.

As the Seller, you are always responsible for declaring the condition of your product. When it is declared as NEW, it is under the assumption that any interested buyers are getting a factory quality and condition product. Unless declared otherwise.
Old 01-22-2011, 12:50 PM
Super Moderator

My Ride: F02 LCI Individual
Model Year: 2013

Originally Posted by PraiseTheLowered
You advertised an in new condition mtech, and thats not what you sold.
Who knows... maybe he did sold a new one and it broke later? Just sayin'...

For us that were not involved in this deal we can not tell who is right and who is wrong.
Unfortunately this has to be solved between the two without our help.
Old 01-22-2011, 01:32 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

Originally Posted by Iceman

For us that were not involved in this deal we can not tell who is right and who is wrong.
Seems like the consensus is that, based on the picture of the for sale thread, the bumper was already re-primed. Also, I think if there was any question of when it was damaged, Buckwild would have retaliated already and accused the OP of possibly damaging after the fact. So far, he's only saying he thought it was new. Of course, he could be completely honest about that too but now that it's apparent that it's not new, I think he needs to do something to make it right.
Old 01-22-2011, 03:35 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530i ~ Fully loaded | Sport Package 20" VIP Modular Wheels ICE by Method Sound M Style Body Kit Stop Tech BBK FK High Sport Coilovers RPI Exhaust RPI Air Intake

Originally Posted by Iceman

Purchased it on Friday afternoon, went into garage friday evening when i got home from work(1 car garage, only i have key for), out of town till sunday evening, did NOT park in garage and monday morning loaded into car to take to paint shop at 2pm. Bumper was never touched or even close to being. Bumper cannot (or should i say) should not be repaired with a crack. It would become a losing fight with paint consistantly bubbling and or splitting from crack in foundation...

If buckwildx22 truly did not know of the damage I understand, BUT THEN WE ARE BACK TO THE SAME PLACE WE ARE NOW, it STILL does not matter because the agreement was for a NEW bumper, not a cracked one.

Quick Reply: BURNED ON OEM BUMPER PURCHASE (member buckwildx22)