Buyer & Seller Feedback Post feedback about buyers and sellers doing business on the forums.

BURNED ON OEM BUMPER PURCHASE (member buckwildx22)

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 02:52 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2007 530i ~ Fully loaded | Sport Package 20" VIP Modular Wheels ICE by Method Sound M Style Body Kit Stop Tech BBK FK High Sport Coilovers RPI Exhaust RPI Air Intake

Ok,

I wasnt gonna post this but i think it is almost my responsibility as a member of this forum to put this out there to protect others in the future from getting ripped off wether accident or not.

LONG AND SHORT OF MY STORY:

Purchased a "new" oem m tech front bumper off of a member on this site last fiday (1/14): My link

I found it a little shitty that the seller wanted cash in hand and would not hold the bumper for me until i could make the trip up to LA on Saturday (have to work for a living i guess...) and notified me that he would sell to the first person who put money into his hand (which was gonna happen Saturday 1/15 whther it was me or not). So I took time off of running my company to drive an hour to LA to purchase what I thought was a great deal from a board member. So after we made the exchange I was running late to a meeting back at my office and didnt have a chance to give the bumper a really good look though, i checked it out a little in the car really fast and didnt see anything that caught my eye (last time i ever do that). So I take it home that night, put it in my garage (NO - i did not park / accidentally hit the bumper while it was in the garage, i was out of town with the wife from friday night to sunday evening and no one else has access to the garage)and dont think anything of it... I get back sunday night (dont park in garage where bumper is mind you) and monday morning load the bumper into my car to take to the paint shop. As we unload the bumper from my car the owner IMEDIATELY notices something is "off" with the bumper in the bright sunlight, come to find out the bumper (which was suppose to be "new") appears as if it was hit, (CRACK IN FRONT LEFT BUMPER, light green putty along numerous edges, CRACK IN THE CORNER where left kidney grill goes, plastic changing on the inside from a botched repair job, top row of clips look used/warped, and front left portion of the bumper was waivy from a sh*t REPAIR JO... Say the least im pissed but keeping my cool thinking it must be a mistake or in the least should able to negotiate some sort of a return or mutual loss between the seller and I BECAUSE THERE IS A RIGHT AND WRONG THING TO DO WHETHER YOU ARE THE BUYER OR SELLER IN THE MATTER...

I immediately contact the seller and dude plays it off with a "tough shit" attitude and tells me it was "NEW"... Will not return my money / will not split loss with me cause the money I gave was already spent (no shit?), he continues to tell me he bought it "new" and never saw any of the NUMEROUS IMPERFECTIONS I was addressing, not even the crack... Then I get the old "how I know your not playing me" bullshit line...

I am told he purchased it from a member prior, which he wouldnt even give me the decency of telling me who it was, after looking thru the posts, I find that sale here: http://forums.5serie..._1#entry1204029

I dont expect anything to come of this post, other than putting these 2 on notice for all to be aware of in future transactions. Bottom line is someone hustled someone here and I am the one at the receiving end of a hustle that unfortunately has to take it in the a$. SELLER: Like i told you in my text, what you did (or the original seller) is a very stupid and morally F'd up thing to do ~ You should personally thank the good Lord Jesus above (whom I have given my heart and life over to) or i would be at your front door doing what i USED to do best (which im not going to do because GOD IS LOVE). In a million years i never thought i would NOT retaliate or take an "eye for an eye" stance with me being hustled but that is the grace that is found in Christ! The worst thing you could do to a person like me is "hustle" them and and test what the backlash would be but that is what happened here... First seller or 2nd seller (who I purchased from), i dont really give a shit no more. I wasn't going to post this but I dont see why I have to be the one who take it in the ass and either the first seller or the second seller get away with $400 and selling a broken, NOT NEW M Tech bumper, yes homeboy Im sorry but it was busted when you sold it to me...

Just watch yourself and transactions with these 2. I dont have the facts on who officially sold it broken (because people today cannot be men or be honest any longer in most cases) but I am the end result of some piece of shit taking advantage of an unwritten code on this board... I will pray for both of you and apoligize for my language but karma is a b*tch...

When I have the time (not to make up stories - seller) then I will drive back up to the paint shop and take detailed pics of every crack and botched repair job...

Thanks for reading and I hope that one day us "men" can go back to being real men and not thinking that posting pics of ourselves online (My Space or Face book crap) trying to act rich, gangster, cool, or tough... I have to say I feel bad for my generation and the flood of lies we have grown to believe in... Find Christ personally, he is not something magical or made up but the TRUTH.

Thank you for reading.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:04 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2008 535xi

Sorry to hear this man. Didn't expect this from someone who has been on this forums for a while and really has a "elite" status. I would have been pissed myself if this happened to me.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:06 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Man, sorry to hear this. I was actually interested when that private classified came out. Later on I saw your other post regarding air duct and grill questions. I was going to PM you about your parts list to complete the front OEM Mtech install. Again sorry to hear this.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:16 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2006 BMW 550i

well that bumper has obvioulsy been re-primed. the factory primer is a dark color.

this reminds me of the guy selling m5 wheels right now in the classifieds, saying his wheels are "mint" and "perfect", yet you can see imperfections even in the pictures.

some people just dont give a sh*t if they screw others over.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:20 PM
Contributors

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ride: BMW
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by turboawd
well that bumper has obvioulsy been re-primed. the factory primer is a dark color.

this reminds me of the guy selling m5 wheels right now in the classifieds, saying his wheels are "mint" and "perfect", yet you can see imperfections even in the pictures.

some people just dont give a sh*t if they screw others over.
I was wondering about that. When I bought my OEM rear Mtech bumper, it was a dark gray color. That one looks whiteish\blue.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:26 PM
Senior Members

My Ride: 2007 530i ~ Fully loaded | Sport Package 20" VIP Modular Wheels ICE by Method Sound M Style Body Kit Stop Tech BBK FK High Sport Coilovers RPI Exhaust RPI Air Intake

Originally Posted by balbs
I was wondering about that. When I bought my OEM rear Mtech bumper, it was a dark gray color. That one looks whiteish\blue.
Yup, very light blue/gray primer... Wish i know bout that prior...
Old 01-20-2011, 03:38 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: 2010 535i M Sport 6MT
Model Year: 2010

You should post in Buyer & Seller Feedback as well.
Old 01-20-2011, 03:52 PM
Members

i do remember people calling out the same seller when he tried to sell his wheels as new, which obviously weren't. one of those epic 25 page never ending threads. he also was selling bootleg kobe t-shirts which might have raised an eyebrow.......

sorry to hear about that though, good luck working it out. karma is a bitch tho.....
Old 01-20-2011, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: 2011.5 Alpine White E90 M3 | Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Fiber Leather Trim | ZCP | ZP2 | M-DCT | Navigation | Moonroof | 6FL Mods: TMS 12.5mm spacers all around l Hawk HPS Brake Pads l OEM M3 Edition Grills l Paint Matched Side Gills l Key Hole D

Originally Posted by vkhong
You should post in Buyer & Seller Feedback as well.
thread has been moved to appropriate section

Originally Posted by sahiljain22
Sorry to hear this man. Didn't expect this from someone who has been on this forums for a while and really has a "elite" status. I would have been pissed myself if this happened to me.
don't put too much into member titles, as those reflect post count, not character
Old 01-20-2011, 08:21 PM
Contributors

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My Ride: E60 M5, F85 X5M

I hate seeing threads like this. No, let me restate that, it pisses me to no end to read things like this. If there's another side to this story, I'd like to hear it but if it is what it is then people like this should be public humiliated for being the devious scum bags that they are.

To the OP, sorry for your troubles bud and let karma pay you back in full; in a positive way of course. Keep the faith.

Quick Reply: BURNED ON OEM BUMPER PURCHASE (member buckwildx22)