Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Windows Phone 7 - or Samsung Focus?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2010, 11:43 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tuffluck
doesn't sound like you know much about WP7. though currently the external memory is an issue. not so much that it can't be used, but randomly some people have problems with different types of memory, whereas others have experienced no problems at all.

I know enough NOT to get one a windows phone which cannot copy and paste at launch says way too much tbh
Old 12-13-2010, 04:31 PM
New Members

Hi,

Answering to question from beginning. No problems to pair W-phone. It works GREAT! I have X5 35D 2011. Sync of address book, making calls, streaming music from it- great! Only one "problem"- address book doesn't sync contact's pictures.

It is very to not read name of incoming caller, just to look at picture.
I tested my car with BB9630- works, but not Windows phones. I tried W-6.5.3 and W-7.

But it not worth it to pay for new phone just to see pictures. May be in one of updates BMW will fix it.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:54 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by msport530d
I know enough NOT to get one a windows phone which cannot copy and paste at launch says way too much tbh
yeah let's not forget it took apple 3 years to add that functionality to their iphones...

my WP7 is working great with my car, no problems at all.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:41 AM
Members

Same here, Focus works like a charm, address book transfered, good quality... I really like the phone with two exceptions - easy to hit the return/home buttons when playing games and the fact that power button and volume are on the opposite sides of the phone and it's easy to turn it off when you just want to change the volume :-)
The OS need some customisation features and few extra features (don't know what my data usage is?) but I think it has a great potential is microsoft keep updating it frecquently for a year at least...
Old 12-14-2010, 02:56 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by exsibian
Same here, Focus works like a charm, address book transfered, good quality... I really like the phone with two exceptions - easy to hit the return/home buttons when playing games and the fact that power button and volume are on the opposite sides of the phone and it's easy to turn it off when you just want to change the volume :-)
The OS need some customisation features and few extra features (don't know what my data usage is?) but I think it has a great potential is microsoft keep updating it frecquently for a year at least...
yeah, also i don't like that my phone via bluetooth in my bmw shows every FB friend as a contact that has a phone number stored on FB. i can remove these in my contacts on my phone, but not via bluetooth for some odd reason.