Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

WILL A NOKIA N95 LINK WITH MY BLUETOOTH

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2008, 01:54 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 530i with Nav, Prem, 20 inch Breyton Race GTS, H&R Sport, M-technic Kits, Valentine One with Concealed Display, Progman 27, M5 Aluminum iDrive Knob, Euro Sticker Headlights, LED license Plate.

Guys..
I just got back from the dealer to retrofit my bluetooth.. I also own a nokia n95.. However, it keeps disconnecting every about 5 minutes and it is not showing me the contact list, received call, missed call, etc.. I am also not able to send business card to the car.. Could you tell me the step by step how do I do that?

Thanks!
Old 02-20-2008, 01:32 PM
Members

Im goin mad! I cant send any contacts via business card from my N95, ive been trying for weeks.
The car is a 2006 520d with bluetooth prep and sat nav.
I spoke to a Nokia repair centre who told me they can upgrade the software (FOC) on my N95 so that
it will work fully with the bluetooth kit in the beemer but he needs to know exactly what software upgrade
will be needed as it may not be downgraded again if needs be. He suggested i phone my local BMW dealer
to find out what Nokia software upgrade i will need for the phone to work fully wit the car.
Did just that and i may as well have been talking to them in double dutch....
Someone please help, before i lose all my hair!!!
Old 02-20-2008, 01:35 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 530i with Nav, Prem, 20 inch Breyton Race GTS, H&R Sport, M-technic Kits, Valentine One with Concealed Display, Progman 27, M5 Aluminum iDrive Knob, Euro Sticker Headlights, LED license Plate.

Originally Posted by 5serious' post='533705' date='Feb 20 2008, 05:32 PM
Im goin mad! I cant send any contacts via business card from my N95, ive been trying for weeks.
The car is a 2006 520d with bluetooth prep and sat nav.
I spoke to a Nokia repair centre who told me they can upgrade the software (FOC) on my N95 so that
it will work fully with the bluetooth kit in the beemer but he needs to know exactly what software upgrade
will be needed as it may not be downgraded again if needs be. He suggested i phone my local BMW dealer
to find out what Nokia software upgrade i will need for the phone to work fully wit the car.
Did just that and i may as well have been talking to them in double dutch....
Someone please help, before i lose all my hair!!!
I just sold my n95 1 hour ago due to this issue..
Old 02-21-2008, 11:31 AM
JWD
Members

After installing the latest software on my Nokia N95 8GB it showed (after re-pairing) the contact name when I received a call.
I wasn't surprised the first time since I've seen this with my other phones which worked fine including the phonebook.
But then I realised that the N95 + Idrive only showed ***** when I received a call.
Great huh?!
Well... yes and no...
I decided to check out the phonebook too which looked like it was loading the list instead of telling it was empty.
But after 5 minutes waiting I decided to put it back on my NAV screen since I was trying to find my way in Belgium which is hard sometimes .
Today the phone didn't want to pair automatically but it started working again after manually pairing it on the phone itself.
So it looks like they have tried to fix something but instead made it a bit worse.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:21 AM
Members

Ok so.. if you're having a N95 and try to pair it with iDrive you need to download Nokia_610_contacts_download_S60_3rd on Nokia websites. Without this software pairing works fine but contact lists won't copy on iDrive. But prepare to minor problems in every case. Some of my contacts were copied to iDrive without name, meaning that you can find only numbers but most of them copied just fine.

I tried to figure out the reason why some contacts didn't copy correctly but couldn't solve it. If someone has more knowledge about this, please share.
Old 04-29-2008, 11:37 PM
Members

Im having some sh*t problem, my car bluetooth and N95 8G pair both of them very well, and incoming calls and outgoing also comes well through it. the only thing irritates me.... WHERE THE F**K I SOUND????

HELPPP MEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!
Old 05-05-2008, 01:19 PM
Members

Hi guys,

I've had similar problems with my N73, which has pretty much the same software, so maybe this can help you too.

1. Refreshed the phone software via the Nokia updater
2. Enable in the Bluetooth settings menu the option "Remote sim" -
this allows the car to use the phone for the Assistance

For the phonebook:
3. Go to http://europe.nokia.com/A4143881 and download the Nokia 810 Contact
Download Application for Nokia S60 3rd(or 2nd whatever kind of phone you've
got) edition devices
4. Unpair the car and the phone if you've already paired them
5. Install the application to your phone (either by the Nokia Installer or
just copy it and open the application from the Application Manager of the
phone)
6. Enable the application to run on startup in the phone (so it will be always running, and DON'T EXIT it, only HIDE - otherwise if you make changes in your phone they're not gonna be updated in the car)
7. Restart the phone
8. Re-pair the phone and the car and wait for the synchronisation to happen

For me it works, hope for you too!
all the bests,

Jago
Old 07-03-2008, 11:49 AM
Members

Jago,

Thanks mate!

I was having same problem with no contacts showing on iDrive. I followed your instructions and I can confirm this works!

I have a Nokia E51 & '07 520d.

Even better is that because I sync my contacts from MS Outlook into my Nokia E51 there are multiple numbers for each contact. These now show up on iDrive screen with multiple entries for each contact showing home, work and mobile number. Cool!

Only problem now is transferring old Nokia 6130 phonebook into Outlook and de-duplicating entries...

BTW the E51 seems like a great workhorse of a phone - a worthy successor to the trusty 6130.

Al
Old 07-03-2008, 01:12 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2007 E63 M6: Silverstone Metallic... Fully loaded2005 DINAN5 (545i): Jet Black... Fully loaded1955 Chevy: Custom

Same here, latest firmware on the Nokia N95 and E90 ... Got it paired then keep dropping like every few minutes, sucks!

Originally Posted by cagthuzz2807' post='533283' date='Feb 19 2008, 03:54 PM
Guys..
I just got back from the dealer to retrofit my bluetooth.. I also own a nokia n95.. However, it keeps disconnecting every about 5 minutes and it is not showing me the contact list, received call, missed call, etc.. I am also not able to send business card to the car.. Could you tell me the step by step how do I do that?

Thanks!
Old 07-27-2008, 12:48 AM
Members

Hi!

It doesnt work for me
I tried it a couple of times and there are not contacts on my car. The contact download application is doing 'Processing' in the background all the time (is this okay?)
Can somebody confirm that it works in pre-LCI cars (mine is 07.2006)?
I have n95 8gb but I also failed with standard n95

Originally Posted by Jagohu' post='574688' date='May 5 2008, 04:19 PM
Hi guys,

I've had similar problems with my N73, which has pretty much the same software, so maybe this can help you too.

1. Refreshed the phone software via the Nokia updater
2. Enable in the Bluetooth settings menu the option "Remote sim" -
this allows the car to use the phone for the Assistance

For the phonebook:
3. Go to http://europe.nokia.com/A4143881 and download the Nokia 810 Contact
Download Application for Nokia S60 3rd(or 2nd whatever kind of phone you've
got) edition devices
4. Unpair the car and the phone if you've already paired them
5. Install the application to your phone (either by the Nokia Installer or
just copy it and open the application from the Application Manager of the
phone)
6. Enable the application to run on startup in the phone (so it will be always running, and DON'T EXIT it, only HIDE - otherwise if you make changes in your phone they're not gonna be updated in the car)
7. Restart the phone
8. Re-pair the phone and the car and wait for the synchronisation to happen

For me it works, hope for you too!
all the bests,

Jago

Quick Reply: WILL A NOKIA N95 LINK WITH MY BLUETOOTH