Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

WILL A NOKIA N95 LINK WITH MY BLUETOOTH

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 06:29 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: Jet Black 2007 E60 550i -Sport Package -Comfort Access -Navigation -Logic 7

Originally Posted by 535dMAN' post='479840' date='Oct 10 2007, 09:20 AM
how the fcuk have you guys managed to pair - i tried for an hour non stop and my phone will not pair with my E60!!!!!!!!!

Do i need a CIP update or phone software update!?

I'm in the same boat. I've tried to pair a Nokia N73 and my most recent E61i with no luck. Both phones states the pairing was successful but under the Communications menu it doesn't find the phone. I'm running CIP 25.01.
Old 10-16-2007, 05:19 AM
Senior Members

oh my GOD, im back on this one now, as my phone lost its pairing and will not work now at all

I tried to reset it and its just pissing me off BIGTIME, I bought this phone for this specific good damn reason and now its crapped out on me.

Tried it with car off and on, and tried to TOTALLY reset, removong all bluetoothe devices, and it just will not work, it will pair up yet when someone calls or i make a call, nothing comes through via the catr??

anyone help on this or am i going to have to take a morning off and take it to BMW to sort it, the worry is that even they will be puzzled??

Sad, Very sad :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
Old 10-26-2007, 11:52 AM
Senior Members

My Ride: Collected Sept 2009 - BMW E90 M3, Silverstone II, Novillo Black leather, 19" M Double-Spoke alloys, High Beam Assist, Electronic Damper Control, Voice Control, PDC, USB, DAB, High Gloss Shadowline, Sliding armrest, Trim Finishing in aluminium grey.

I'm just curious to find out how users of the N95 are finding the battery life?

I was contemplating one until someone I know indicated that he has to charge his twice a day. Crap battery life. :thumbsdown:
Is there a solution other than not using it or carrying around a car battery.

Couple of other queries.

If the battery life is so short, is there a car kit for them?

And, has anyone used theirs as a sat-nav device? And is there a car-mounting kit for that?
I believe the maps are already pre-loaded and it's quite cheap to enable the mapping software, something like €70 for two years.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:36 AM
Members

Hi,

I've just upgraded to an n95 8gb model and it's connected ok but can't view contacts - could you point me in the direction of the 'nokia contact sender' program - can't find it anywhere!!

N95 8gb has the new battery, if you're on vodafone (only there or sim free until Jan) it's a very good phone and easily lasts 2 days under normal use.

Thanks,

Andrew

Originally Posted by cravensmythe' post='478305' date='Oct 5 2007, 04:11 PM
I have it working with handsfree and showing contacts in the list on the I Drive, it is however not quite as simple as my Sony t610 was.

What I did was pair the phone with the car then go to the phone and for each contact I wanted in the I drive I did 'Send Business Card' selected my car as the recipient. When you send them it succeeds but when you go to the contact list on the I drive they are not present, however taking the key out of the ignition and then reinserting it and rebooting the I drive the contacts I sent were all there.

There is a nokia contact sender program that implements the missing protocols however I have not tried it with my car as once I had sent my contacts I had no reason to waste the memory on my phone running the contact sender program.

Hope this helps

Nick

P.S. one other point is the contacts list in the car will not show 2 contacts with the same phone number using this method, it replaces the first sent contact with the second sent one. If that makes any sense!
Old 11-03-2007, 09:40 AM
Members

Found it!

http://europe.nokia.com/A4160018

should do the trick hopefully, going to test now....

Originally Posted by ajobes' post='489479' date='Nov 3 2007, 05:36 PM
Hi,

I've just upgraded to an n95 8gb model and it's connected ok but can't view contacts - could you point me in the direction of the 'nokia contact sender' program - can't find it anywhere!!

N95 8gb has the new battery, if you're on vodafone (only there or sim free until Jan) it's a very good phone and easily lasts 2 days under normal use.

Thanks,

Andrew
Old 11-04-2007, 09:39 AM
Members

Originally Posted by E60BEEMER' post='476433' date='Oct 1 2007, 04:37 PM
I specifically bought a new phone, for this reason, so i can be speaking in the car
there are so many cell phones that work very well with the e60. why did you not check the list?
Old 11-13-2007, 10:54 AM
MrG
Members

My Ride: Sept '03 530d SE: Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Steptronic Auto, Bluetooth Telephone Prep, 6-Disc Changer, Business Navigation, Sports Suspension, Active Steering, Star Spoke 123 8Jx18" + Run Flat Tyres.

Originally Posted by cravensmythe' post='478305' date='Oct 5 2007, 04:11 PM
I have it working with handsfree and showing contacts in the list on the I Drive, it is however not quite as simple as my Sony t610 was.

What I did was pair the phone with the car then go to the phone and for each contact I wanted in the I drive I did 'Send Business Card' selected my car as the recipient. When you send them it succeeds but when you go to the contact list on the I drive they are not present, however taking the key out of the ignition and then reinserting it and rebooting the I drive the contacts I sent were all there.

There is a nokia contact sender program that implements the missing protocols however I have not tried it with my car as once I had sent my contacts I had no reason to waste the memory on my phone running the contact sender program.

Hope this helps

Nick

P.S. one other point is the contacts list in the car will not show 2 contacts with the same phone number using this method, it replaces the first sent contact with the second sent one. If that makes any sense!

So .... I tried sending a couple of contacts to my iDrive by using the suggestion to "Send Business Card" to the car and (after restarting the iDrive, as described) they're now listed!! Excellent!

However, I now want to delete one of the test numbers I sent to the car (i.e. from the contacts list on the iDrive), but I can't find how to do this.

Can anyone advise how to delete a contact from this list (i.e. after having "sent" it to the car via bluetooth)?

Thanks.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:07 AM
MrG
Members

My Ride: Sept '03 530d SE: Titanium Silver, Black Dakota Leather, Steptronic Auto, Bluetooth Telephone Prep, 6-Disc Changer, Business Navigation, Sports Suspension, Active Steering, Star Spoke 123 8Jx18" + Run Flat Tyres.

Originally Posted by MrG' post='493789' date='Nov 13 2007, 07:54 PM
So .... I tried sending a couple of contacts to my iDrive by using the suggestion to "Send Business Card" to the car and (after restarting the iDrive, as described) they're now listed!! Excellent!

However, I now want to delete one of the test numbers I sent to the car (i.e. from the contacts list on the iDrive), but I can't find how to do this.

Can anyone advise how to delete a contact from this list (i.e. after having "sent" it to the car via bluetooth)?

Thanks.
I tried deleting the phone pairing and remaking it, and this deleted all of the entries that I had sent to the car via Bluetooth. This suited my purposes this time as there were very few numbers stored anyway. My only concern would be if I had lots of numbers in there and I just wanted to delete one (perhaps because one of my contacts changed their number) ... I would then need to re-send all the contacts to the car again.

So, if anyone knows how to delete just one entry, then that would be handy to know.

Cheers
Dave
Old 11-25-2007, 03:03 AM
Members

My Ride: 2005 520d M Sport Titanium Silver, 6-speed Manual, new style Start/Stop ignition, Black Dakota Leather, bluetooth, Nav via Tomtom One on a brodit dashmount

Originally Posted by MrG' post='494238' date='Nov 14 2007, 06:07 PM
I tried deleting the phone pairing and remaking it, and this deleted all of the entries that I had sent to the car via Bluetooth. This suited my purposes this time as there were very few numbers stored anyway. My only concern would be if I had lots of numbers in there and I just wanted to delete one (perhaps because one of my contacts changed their number) ... I would then need to re-send all the contacts to the car again.

So, if anyone knows how to delete just one entry, then that would be handy to know.

Cheers
Dave
I did exactly what you described to delete the contacts from the list and then resent all the new ones after a repair
Old 01-01-2008, 02:45 PM
Members

have u got the voice commands working on sat nav yet?

Quick Reply: WILL A NOKIA N95 LINK WITH MY BLUETOOTH