Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Sony Ericsson W810i works completely

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2006, 01:45 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by e61rg' post='303456' date='Jun 26 2006, 09:00 PM
@bruce_miranda,

You changed the topic - O.K. You're right - it works almost completely. But in combination with Navi Prof one of the essentials "reliably" does not work - the hands free speaking. In my eyes this renders the phone useless.

@spareone3

What type of car do you own (or did you use with your phone)? I was really trying desperately to get this phone work with my e61 but I didn't succeed.

If there is someone out there who succeded (with Navi Prof, SAA633) please let me know.

Regards
e61rg
@spareone3 seems to have Navi Prof, SAA633 because he has the UK Media Package which included Prof Nav.
Old 06-26-2006, 11:01 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: carbon black/black dakota, M package with M aero kit, M suspension and 18" 135 M style wheels - steptronic, adaptive bi-xenon, active steering, moonroof, comfort seats, comfort access, nav pro, logic7, CD, HUD, PDC and some ...

I still go with e61rg, because I never get an outgoing call transferred to the speakers, which makes the Bluetooth function rather useless. I?m hoping for a software update, either SE or BMW, to cure this bug. Meanwhile I?m using my V3, which on the other hand is the worst mobile I ever owned concerning reception and sound quality. Wish I had gone for a Nokia!
Old 06-27-2006, 01:21 PM
Members

Hi

I have an E60 with Bluetooth prep and Bus Sat Nav. The W810i works perfectly with the system in all respects. Just sent the phone back to O2 however as I cant get online with it. I am now using a new SLVR which also works perfectly. However my wife tells me the signal on the W810i is clearer.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:30 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

Today my wife got a new Vodafone handset because the previous one got stolen. This came with a Vodafone firmware R4CK003 and I tried it with the car but again the same problems of a dialled call not transferring every time to the car speakers. I then upgraded to Generic SE firmware R4DB005 and still no difference.
I does work a few times but once it hits the problem you can't cure it until you restart the car the next time. So bottle line the W810i is unreliable with the e60 on CIP 21.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:01 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='289913' date='May 30 2006, 01:15 PM
My suspect that this is a bug due to the way the Sony bluetooth is designed to work. I know on my P910i if when a phone call is being received I press the phone OK button the call goes to the phone but if I press my bluetooth headset button it come to the headset. I guess the car is not being recognised correctly as the handsfree and hence the phone is taking the call.

So I eat my words. The W810i is NOT completely supported. Maybe in the future with a new firmware etc it may but not now. I've read that there may be a difference in the Bluetooth version implemented in the W810i and the W800i where in the W800i is a higher version 2 that the W810i which is 1.2. Of course I cant believe that Sony would do such a thing after making the two phones so similar.

I'll do some more research and if I find anything I'll post again.

I have a SonyEricsson S710a which has Bluetooth 1.1 and it works perfectly. I have used it for 1.5 years now with the E60 (NAV Pro, CIP 15.XX and 19.2) and it always transfers the call to the car's speakers no matter how I initiate the call (phone, iDrive Phonebook, iDrive dialing numbers, Voice command w/contact names, Voice commnad w/ dialing numbers, redial list, received list, etc.).

So the problem can't be with Sony's bluetooth design or the fact that it's an older version Bluetooth, nor can it be blamed on NAV Pro. There must be something else involved.

By the way, I have read specs on different websites that conflict on the Bluetooth version of the W810i, some say 1.2 and others say 2.0.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:47 AM
Contributors

Updated my wife's W810i with firmware version R4EA031 and I'm happy to report that is now works perfectly . Every feature needed, works. SIM and phone numbers are displayed including multiple entries with a nice (H) (W) etc to show the type of phone number. Signal strength also is displayed but takes a few minutes to refresh. Missed call icon works.

Most importantly the old deaded "Transferred to Phone" was not seen at all. Tried every phone call way possible to and from it and it worked brilliantly.

Now if only someone can confirm that the M600i P990i or the W950i works then I'll get a replacement phone for myself and retire my P910i that I've been using for almost 2.5 years.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:13 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

NICE so the W810i finally works... I still havent gotten that phone I'm looking into it again. Costly upgrade. the phone is still expensive. but thats like the only phone out there that I like.

Oh and from what bruce_miranda is saying I guess if I get the phone I can upgrade the firmware myself to R4EA031 if it doesnt work with the car... but according to Rody... theres seem to be a difference in the BT version in the phone, 2.0 vs 2.1 which one works? and how would I know which one I would get? or will it be "luck"
Old 03-28-2007, 10:48 PM
Members

My Ride: E60 530i Sport, Carbon Black, Grey Leather, Maple Wood, Prof Sat Nav, Bluetooth, CD Changer, Sun Roof, M Spolier and Logic 7 Prof Hifi

hi all.....just addiing my bit!! my 810i works fine with my car if someone calls me or if i initialise the call on the phone.....however if i try to make the call through the partially loaded phone book then the call wont transfer to the car and stays with the phone!!

i probably being thick but how do i get the phone firmware checked????