Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Sony Ericsson W810i works completely

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2006, 05:38 AM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by General' post='290215' date='May 31 2006, 01:24 AM
Another (possibly CIP-related) issue I have relates to postcode entry in the nav system. With my particular 2006-02 DVD'd professional navigation system, postcode entry is simply not available as an input option (and yes I have RTFM so know where that option would be if it were available). Other users with E60's of similar vintage to mine have reported the same problem but, so far, no solution. Another first service issue!

My car (April 2006 also) is in today to have the 2006-02 postcode issue examined. Dealer has rung and reported that the postcodes were accidentally ommitted from the 2006-02 DVD. ???

I have only found one post saying the 2006-02 DVD works, but it reads that they have a UK version of the DVD not a euro one.

Also I have a K750i. When the phone book transfers it carried the suffix (h)(m)(w) for home,mobile, work. This I think messes up the recognition by the voice dialling with Extended Voice, as she repeats this suffix when dialling. Has anyone figured how to remove the suffix ? as I think this may make the recognition more reliable ?
Old 06-03-2006, 12:59 AM
Members

Originally Posted by E60_530D' post='290322' date='May 31 2006, 02:38 PM
My car (April 2006 also) is in today to have the 2006-02 postcode issue examined. Dealer has rung and reported that the postcodes were accidentally ommitted from the 2006-02 DVD. ???

I have only found one post saying the 2006-02 DVD works, but it reads that they have a UK version of the DVD not a euro one.

The following is the text of a reply I have just received from BMW(UK) CS regarding the postcode entry feature:

Dear XXXXXX

BMW UK can confirm that due to a technical issue with the latest navigation disc (issue:2006-2) supplied by NAVTEQ, the option for postcode address entry has not been programmed correctly.

Therefore for version 2006-02 all navigation inputs will require to be entered via the full address mode.

This only affects vehicles equipped with Professional navigation on the CCC platform for the following model series:

E87 -BMW 1 Series
E90/E91/E92 -BMW 3 Series Saloon, Touring and forthcoming New 3 Series Coup?
E60/E61 -BMW 5 Series Saloon and Touring
E63/E64 -BMW 6 Series Coup? and Convertible

The fault has been located to an incorrect data file on the new navigation disc and the Factory is currently looking into possible solutions to overcome this issue.

We can confirm that every effort is underway to resolve this issue, and will be resolved in due course.

May we suggest you register your concern to our BMW Approved Dealership who in turn will be able to offer further assistance once details have been announced by our suppliers.

We are not aware of any special edition DVD. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience caused in this matter.
Old 06-22-2006, 09:26 AM
Members

My Ride: UK 2006 530D MSport. Auto, Silver Grey, Black Dakota, 172 19" Mixed Wheels, Visibility, Media Pack, Sun Protective Glass, Hi-Fi Speaker System, Heated Seats, Enhanced voice control, M Lip Spoiler.

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='289913' date='May 30 2006, 09:15 PM
OK Something is definately wrong with this phone but I can't tell what. This is what I tried.

Got in dialled number from the displayed phone book. Everything OK
Dialed number using i-drive. Phone call not transferred to car deck! :thumbsdown:
When back to dial number from the displayed phone book. Phone call not transferred to car deck!

I then disconnected Bluetooth device on phone and reconnected. Still it refused to work. I turned off car. Lets start again.

Got in dialled number from the displayed phone book. Everything OK
Dialled number from the displayed phone book. Everything OK
Dialed number using i-drive. Phone call not transferred to car deck!
When back to dial number from the displayed phone book. Phone call not transferred to car deck!

So I thought it was the dialling of the number that was causing the problem. I turned off car. Lets start again.

Got in Dialled number from the displayed phone book. Everything OK!
When back to dial number from the displayed phone book. Phone call not transferred to car deck! :thumbsdown:

This shows that I could not find a pattern to why it didn't work. However from the time it didn't work it wouldn't useless I turned the car off and restarted it. Of course I did get the initial successful attempted when I deleted the pairing and repaired it. Again it worked for a while and then stopped.

What I did notice is that everytime it doesn't work you get a message on the phone saying "Transferred to Phone" with the only option of "OK" - (That doesn't help Sony)
If I take the call but attempt to transfer it back to the Handsfree the phone just hangs trying to transfer this back to the car. So that doesn't work too.

My suspect that this is a bug due to the way the Sony bluetooth is designed to work. I know on my P910i if when a phone call is being received I press the phone OK button the call goes to the phone but if I press my bluetooth headset button it come to the headset. I guess the car is not being recognised correctly as the handsfree and hence the phone is taking the call.

So I eat my words. The W810i is NOT completely supported. Maybe in the future with a new firmware etc it may but not now. I've read that there may be a difference in the Bluetooth version implemented in the W810i and the W800i where in the W800i is a higher version 2 that the W810i which is 1.2. Of course I cant believe that Sony would do such a thing after making the two phones so similar.

I'll do some more research and if I find anything I'll post again.

I read this thread and repeated what you did..I have the W810i and K750i cradle.. I have had this for a few weeks and not noticed any problems! So I thought I'd double-check, so on repeating the above I had no issues whatsoever..I know that doesn't help those that do, but it shows that the systems DO work. There must be something in firmware, CIP etc... W810i firmware is R4CF003...
Old 06-22-2006, 02:37 PM
Contributors

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak
Model Year: 2006

Originally Posted by spareone3' post='301550' date='Jun 22 2006, 06:26 PM
W810i firmware is R4CF003...
Sure it's not R4CK003. Also as mentioned I too didn;t find the problem when I first tried and had to try and try to break it and then finally did.
Old 06-22-2006, 03:06 PM
Members

My Ride: UK 2006 530D MSport. Auto, Silver Grey, Black Dakota, 172 19" Mixed Wheels, Visibility, Media Pack, Sun Protective Glass, Hi-Fi Speaker System, Heated Seats, Enhanced voice control, M Lip Spoiler.

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='301691' date='Jun 22 2006, 11:37 PM
Sure it's not R4CK003. Also as mentioned I too didn;t find the problem when I first tried and had to try and try to break it and then finally did.
Sorry worse than that!! It's actually R4CF002 - I'm on Orange and there is no "Orange" supported firmware update via SE site as yet..

As I mentioned I've been using it for weeks, and I use it all the time so think that I would have uncovered problems if they were there. I only followed your post the once to be honest..!
Old 06-23-2006, 02:24 AM
Contributors

My Ride: BMW E60 520d SE Saloon M47 2.0dTitanium Grey II, Grey−Dakota Leather, Visibility Package, Media Package, Through Load System, Lumbar support − fr seats, Automatic Air Conditioning−Advanced, High beam assistant, Hi−Fi Loudspeak

Originally Posted by spareone3' post='301703' date='Jun 23 2006, 12:06 AM
Sorry worse than that!! It's actually R4CF002 - I'm on Orange and there is no "Orange" supported firmware update via SE site as yet..

As I mentioned I've been using it for weeks, and I use it all the time so think that I would have uncovered problems if they were there. I only followed your post the once to be honest..!
As mentioned in normal occassional use all 'seems' to work. I went out with a view to break it and did.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:42 AM
Members

Originally Posted by bruce_miranda' post='301915' date='Jun 23 2006, 11:24 AM
As mentioned in normal occassional use all 'seems' to work. I went out with a view to break it and did.
OK, I take your point that if I was to have a real "concerted" effort I "may" uncover something, however the title of the thread suggests that the combo of phone and car is unreliable. That may be misleading to others who may be contemplating purchasing, when in actual fact I have had no issues as I stated, and would recommend it to others on the basis that I use it extensively and it's OK.. I will however monitor and report back if I do in fact have any issues.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:24 AM
Members

Hi

I tried all "unbranded" firmware versions including R4CE012, R4CK003, R4DB005 and had to realize that the call is NOT transferred to car deck when initiated from the i-drive menu (at maximum only the first time). As far as I know the Navi Business (SAA644) works, the Navi Professional (SAA633) does not, in this regard.

I'm afraid I have to sell my phone ... unless someone finds a solution - that would be great.

e61rg
Old 06-26-2006, 08:09 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by spareone3' post='301957' date='Jun 23 2006, 01:42 PM
OK, I take your point that if I was to have a real "concerted" effort I "may" uncover something, however the title of the thread suggests that the combo of phone and car is unreliable. That may be misleading to others who may be contemplating purchasing, when in actual fact I have had no issues as I stated, and would recommend it to others on the basis that I use it extensively and it's OK.. I will however monitor and report back if I do in fact have any issues.
Heading of topic now modified.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:00 PM
Members

@bruce_miranda,

You changed the topic - O.K. You're right - it works almost completely. But in combination with Navi Prof one of the essentials "reliably" does not work - the hands free speaking. In my eyes this renders the phone useless.

@spareone3

What type of car do you own (or did you use with your phone)? I was really trying desperately to get this phone work with my e61 but I didn't succeed.

If there is someone out there who succeded (with Navi Prof, SAA633) please let me know.

Regards
e61rg

Quick Reply: Sony Ericsson W810i works completely