Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

SE S700i & Bluetooth

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 12:20 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 535D Sport - Silver Grey

After searching this great forum, I finially went for a SE S700i, (closest option to my beloved P910i) but still can't get it to work properly with the BT kit. The phone will pair, download address book etc, but will not make or receive calls. When someone calls me and I answer, the caller can hear me but i can't hear them. Any suggestions before I call the dealer.
Old 06-10-2005, 07:06 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Well you say it will not make or receive calls. Then u say someone can hear you. Aounds like call was made or received. Well the most obvious that comes to my mind is volume. You probably already did this but...The single volume control controls each volume individually as it is being used. If someone calls in try raising the volume to see if you can hear them.

Other than that what do you see in iDrive? Can u see call being made (connecting, ended) can u see accepted? Do buttons do things like start or end call? U do not list Nav so I assume you have the limited voice functions but you should still get a voice response when u try to make a call.
Old 06-10-2005, 09:15 AM
Members

My Ride: 535D Sport - Silver Grey

Originally Posted by cobradav' date='Jun 10 2005, 03:06 PM
Well you say it will not make or receive calls.? Then u say someone can hear you.? Aounds like call was made or received.? Well the most obvious that comes to my mind is volume.? You probably already did this but...The single volume control controls each volume individually as it is being used.? If someone calls in try raising the volume to see if you can hear them.?

Other than that what do you see in iDrive?? Can u see call being made (connecting, ended) can u see accepted?? Do buttons do things like start or end call?? U do not list Nav so I assume you have the limited voice functions but you should still get a voice response when u try to make a call.
[snapback]138230[/snapback]

Tried the volume, no good. When I try to call out using the BT, volume on the radio / cd mutes to phone, but the screen just freezes on ''connecting'', and then will only hangup via the phone rather than BT.
When someone rings in the BT doesn't ring and when I answer on the phone, they can hear me but I can't hear the caller via either the BT or phone.
Starting to do my head in. There appears to many shades of Bluetooth. Lokks like I may have the one with a distinct brown tinge.
Dealer says the need the car overnight and cna't fit it in for 2 weeks. I thought moving from Mercedes to BMW would improve customer service, perhaps not.
Old 06-11-2005, 09:10 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Yea
Originally Posted by jonty' date='Jun 10 2005, 11:15 AM
[quote name='cobradav' date='Jun 10 2005, 03:06 PM']Well you say it will not make or receive calls.? Then u say someone can hear you.? Aounds like call was made or received.? Well the most obvious that comes to my mind is volume.? You probably already did this but...The single volume control controls each volume individually as it is being used.? If someone calls in try raising the volume to see if you can hear them.?

Other than that what do you see in iDrive?? Can u see call being made (connecting, ended) can u see accepted?? Do buttons do things like start or end call?? U do not list Nav so I assume you have the limited voice functions but you should still get a voice response when u try to make a call.
[snapback]138230[/snapback]

Tried the volume, no good. When I try to call out using the BT, volume on the radio / cd mutes to phone, but the screen just freezes on ''connecting'', and then will only hangup via the phone rather than BT.
When someone rings in the BT doesn't ring and when I answer on the phone, they can hear me but I can't hear the caller via either the BT or phone.
Starting to do my head in. There appears to many shades of Bluetooth. Lokks like I may have the one with a distinct brown tinge.
Dealer says the need the car overnight and cna't fit it in for 2 weeks. I thought moving from Mercedes to BMW would improve customer service, perhaps not.
[snapback]138259[/snapback]
[/quote]
Yea gods, a bummer. You could have a bad TCU. It's the opposite symptom of the pre 03/04 build E60s were it appeared to work but caller could not hear u.

I never had problems so I have not even read this diagnostic bulletin. Maybe one or the other may help u or dealer.

Here is a diagnostic bulletin. Never having a problem I have not ever read it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
TISfor_Blutooth.pdf (74.6 KB, 90 views)
File Type: pdf
TISfor_Blutooth2.pdf (134.3 KB, 85 views)
Old 06-13-2005, 01:45 AM
Members

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that the k700 isn't comnpatible with the BMW BT anyway. One or two people have got it to work, but mostly not. Certainly no use in the UK. Hope you do manage to get it to work. I had to return mine.