Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

SE 910i and bluetooth?

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2005, 03:46 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

Originally Posted by RM666' date='May 16 2005, 11:59 AM
I have also a P910i with the latest sw R4A10 and a 645 with sw 16.2 and my phone still doesn't work well.
It seems even worst than it was with sw 14.X. It worked more times than now.
It pairs fine but sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.

The difference now is that it now shows a phone icon on the BMW screen (don't know what that means) and on the A-Z screen appears the message "Please wait" (don't know if it is trying to transfer the contacts list) before it didn't have any message on the A-Z screen, it was always empty.
[snapback]129267[/snapback]
Welcome Rm666. I c u over on the 6er forum we do not like to mention here. This is a super forum with lots of help and friendly helpers.

I just got updated to 16.2. Repaired my v551 with no issues. Sorry I cannot be specific to ur P910i

As yet I have not found differences in implementation in E60 versus E63 when it comes to software. U just have to be more careful when comparing issues cause the 5er has many more configurations (no nav, business nav, pro nav - for instance) than the 6er.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:54 AM
Contributors

My Ride: (USA) 645Ci, Silver Gray, Chateau, Cold Weather PKG, Premium Sound PKG, Sport PKG, Step, NAV [Std Equip in 645], HUD, Satellite (SIRIUS) Radio, Aux Input, Bluetooth enabled using iPhone 3GS w/ adapter cradle - Build date - 01/05, Baby delivered 2/24/05

I have also a P910i with the latest sw R4A10 and a 645 with sw 16.2 and my phone still doesn't work well.

The difference now is that it now shows a phone icon on the BMW screen (don't know what that means) and on the A-Z screen appears the message "Please wait" (don't know if it is trying to transfer the contacts list) before it didn't have any message on the A-Z screen, it was always empty.
Welcome Rm666. I c u over on the 6er forum we do not like to mention here. This is a super forum with lots of help and friendly helpers.

I just got updated to 16.2. Repaired my v551 with no issues. Sorry I cannot be specific to ur P910i

As yet I have not found differences in implementation in E60 versus E63 when it comes to software. U just have to be more careful when comparing issues cause the 5er has many more configurations (no nav, business nav, pro nav - for instance) than the 6er.
Old 05-18-2005, 03:56 AM
Contributors

Old 05-18-2005, 04:08 AM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' date='May 14 2005, 07:15 PM
[quote name='rduncan' date='May 13 2005, 09:44 PM']Yes: My SonyEricsson P910a works well after 16.2 installed (didn't work up thru 15.3, only after recent upgrade to 16.2). The P910a is the same phone as the P910i, with use of a US-specific RF band. I'm able to make/receive calls, audio very good. Only the Phone Book is not being downloaded to the car, but that requires a different (OBEX) Bluetooth profile that apparently is still inconsistently implemented between my phone and my car. One small diff: I drive an E63, but it's the same E60 platform with 2 doors, right? ?

? Robert
[snapback]128249[/snapback]
rduncan

Nice to note that your P910a pairs well with your E63.

Since my effort to use (pairs ok, but can't call/receive ) the P910i is futile, my only conclusion is the CIP for E63 and E60 is quite different - hopefully the next s/w upgrade will solve the problem.
[snapback]128615[/snapback]
[/quote]

I have been tracking software and other issues here and I have found absolutely no differences in the CIP versions between E60/E61 and E/63/E64 implementations. In both series u can and will find someone with issues while others do not have that problem (yet maybe another) and both on same CIP. Probably have to peel back the onion even more to matrix out all the options each individual has to really get to root issue. The 5er has far more variations in delivered configurations than the 6er. All 6ers are Pro Nav for instance while a 5er can come ? no nav ? business nav ? Pro nav (just one example). I have found this difference has more ramifications than the difference in platform
Old 07-12-2005, 03:20 PM
Members

Here's a tale of wierdness.

'05 US 545... no idea what software, shipped November '04. Sony Ericsson P910a with R4A10 software. Have been able to get it to pair and get it to send/receive calls sporadically for several months, but only by going through a routine that will make me sound stupid: had to turn blutooth off and on each time entering car, then had to make a call immediately, let it drop me, then make the call again (which would work), and then I'd be good for the rest of the ride, except when it would sporadically conk out, which was about 25% of the time.

Just got car back from service (adding aux audio input - strongly advise for anyone with an iPod). For some goofy reason, phone was no longer registered as paired in bluetooth, so I re-paired. And, all of a sudden, VOILA it works as it is supposed to (except for phone book load). I actually see the calls and timing on my iDrive (never did that before), it captures missed calls, etc. AND, best of all, it never drops!

Not sure what this means, but my lesson learned is that -- until there are clear software releases for both P910 and 545 that are proven to work -- I'll try to avoid anything that messes with this config... and if I ever lose it, I'll keep re-pairing it until I get magic again.

My advice... keep pairing until it works. Same applies for having kids
Old 07-14-2005, 05:50 AM
Senior Members

Congrats tmoldauer to hear that your P910a with f/w R4A10 is working well with your ride. Do you know which CIP version are you on?

I have CIP 16.2 and R4D006 on my P910i and still no go

Sporadic pairing and un-pairing and there's no telling when a call may be dropped

Shame on Sony Ericcson for putting up a good high-end phone that cannot work while Sony Ericsson T610 and T630 works - I know, its on a different platform and etc.......
Old 07-14-2005, 11:26 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' date='Jul 14 2005, 01:50 PM
Sporadic pairing and un-pairing and there's no telling when a call may be dropped
Delete all your messages, it helps in pairing, also having the option to connect with the BMW handsfree without confirmation checked helps.

My P910i works 90% of the times if I enter the car with BT off and only turn it on after the Idrive reboots.
Old 07-20-2005, 08:21 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by RM666' date='Jul 14 2005, 01:26 PM
[quote name='Olivin530i' date='Jul 14 2005, 01:50 PM']Sporadic pairing and un-pairing and there's no telling when a call may be dropped
Delete all your messages, it helps in pairing, also having the option to connect with the BMW handsfree without confirmation checked helps.

My P910i works 90% of the times if I enter the car with BT off and only turn it on after the Idrive reboots.
[snapback]149140[/snapback]
[/quote]
Will check that out - thanks for the info
Old 07-21-2005, 08:09 AM
Members

Originally Posted by Olivin530i' date='Jul 14 2005, 08:50 AM
Congrats tmoldauer to hear that your P910a with f/w R4A10 is working well with your ride.? Do you know which CIP version are you on?

I have CIP 16.2 and R4D006 on my P910i and still no go

Shame on Sony Ericcson for putting up a good high-end phone that cannot work while Sony Ericsson T610 and T630 works - I know, its on a different platform and etc.......
[snapback]149043[/snapback]
Unfortunately don't know what CIP version... will ask at next service and post.

What I don't understand is your "sporadic pairing and un-pairing" comment. Pairing is only done once, and that is to "introduce" the two bluetooth devices. From that point, they should connect whenever you have car and phone bluetooth on. They may not work for calls, but my experience is they will connect, signified by blue headphone icon on P910.

What I'm suggesting is that -- if calls aren't working properly -- delete the P910 from your car's phone list, delete the car from bluetooth device list on phone, reboot phone, restart car, and then re-pair the devices. Keep trying that until it works well, which you will know when you get iDrive call timing on your outbound calls.

Also, it seems that the BMW pairs better with key on, but engine not started, and IMMEDIATELY after turning on both car and phone. You might also try the "delete all messages" bit suggested by Olivin530i, but I'm buffaloed as to why that would help... of course the whole things seems like black magic to me.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:18 AM
Members

"of course the whole things seems like black magic to me"

that'd be BLUE magic I guess????

anyways - I have just upgraded to the latest sw version on the SE site. R4A10. It does seem much better at talking with the car BT. Obviously no phone book or transfer of numbers - but I can live with the call lasting and being on the car handsfree.

I find that by turning to BT ON (after car turned on) and OFF (before car turned off) at the phone seems to help it next time to connect.

Anyone got an email addy or contact for BMW so we can keep asking when they gonna sort it?