Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Possible class action

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 08:10 AM
Contributors

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

BMW never said BT would work in MY2004 cars. The phone they offer is the CPT9000. You cannot sue BMW for providing a old technology any more than you can sue GM for using a 50 year old Engine block design.

We start posts like this, then wonder why BMW does not give us certain options like folding mirrors and red reflectors and complain about the I-drive warning.

Why do we hate big business so much? Only in the US can some moron receive millions in damages for spilling hot coffee on themselves. That too while driving. The price you pay is that you can no longer buy a hot cup of coffee from McDonalds.
Old 01-02-2005, 11:58 AM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Jan 2 2005, 09:10 AM
BMW never said BT would work in MY2004 cars.? The phone they offer is the CPT9000.? You cannot sue BMW for providing a old technology any more than you can sue GM for using a 50 year old Engine block design.

We start posts like this,? then wonder why BMW does not give us certain options like folding mirrors and red reflectors and complain about the I-drive warning.

Why do we hate big business so much?? Only in the US can some moron receive millions in damages for spilling hot coffee on themselves.? That too while driving.? ? The price you pay is that you can no longer buy a hot cup of coffee from McDonalds.
[snapback]74646[/snapback]
Like I said people in the US is waaay too SUE Happy... Its like damn get real! Use a little more common sense before screaming out the word sue sue sue...
Old 01-02-2005, 01:06 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Jan 2 2005, 12:10 PM
BMW never said BT would work in MY2004 cars.?? The phone they offer is the CPT9000.?? You cannot sue BMW for providing a old technology any more than you can sue GM for using a 50 year old Engine block design.

We start posts like this,? then wonder why BMW does not give us certain options like folding mirrors and red reflectors and complain about the I-drive warning.

Why do we hate big business so much??? Only in the US can some moron receive millions in damages for spilling hot coffee on themselves.? That too while driving.? ? The price you pay is that you can no longer buy a hot cup of coffee from McDonalds.
[snapback]74646[/snapback]
I agree. BMW is doing everything possible to provide high-tech cars to us. The phone companies are devising ways to get more money from the subscribers.

Verizon is the perfect example with their V710 monopoly on single solution, failed solution to Bluetooth for their customers.
Old 01-02-2005, 01:07 PM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by wnrussell' date='Dec 31 2004, 12:15 PM
They are the only car manufacturer to offer the BT as standard equipment.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php...threadid=530337
[snapback]74148[/snapback]
Not true. Land Rover offers it as standard equipment in the Range Rover.
Old 01-02-2005, 01:11 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by SueBMW' date='Jan 2 2005, 05:07 PM
[quote name='wnrussell' date='Dec 31 2004, 12:15 PM'] They are the only car manufacturer to offer the BT as standard equipment.

[snapback]74750[/snapback]
[/quote]
I will not disagee with your post.

There are probably about a million cars hitting the streets this year with Bluetooth communication systems.

Let's not pick on the ones that are. Their problem is with the phone carriers who fail to standardize on the Bluetooth profiles needed to work with the cars.
Old 01-02-2005, 01:17 PM
Contributors

I didn't check that the air conditioning worked, or the CD player!

I got a bluetooth card handed to me during delivery, and the dealership said that the bluetooth would work during a software upgrade.

I know its stuiped to assume, but darn it! I usually stay away from the class action stuff, but I'm pissed, and may be a part of this one.

Just my .02

James
Old 01-02-2005, 01:19 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 545iSMGSilver GrayAuburn Dakota LeatherLogic 7 Premium SoundSports Package

Originally Posted by SueBMW' date='Jan 2 2005, 02:07 PM
Not true.? Land Rover offers it as standard equipment in the Range Rover.
I'm curious what other car company offers BlueTooth? Mercedes? Acura? Lexus?
Old 01-02-2005, 01:21 PM
Contributors

Lexus does. My neighbor is a Lexus salesman, and has a LS430. The technology in that car is amazing.

James
Old 01-02-2005, 01:51 PM

Standard ior not otehr car companies like Dodge and Acura have bluetooth going. Its a new technology that gonna take another year or so to smooth out.

Persoanlly I wouldnt waste my time or money sueing over Bluetooth, I would either get a new BMW or sell it in protest. The amount of propblems I have had with my M3 I can tell u that this bluetooth thing is nothign in comparison.

Originally Posted by SueBMW' date='Jan 2 2005, 05:07 PM
[quote name='wnrussell' date='Dec 31 2004, 12:15 PM'] They are the only car manufacturer to offer the BT as standard equipment.

[/quote]
Old 01-02-2005, 02:46 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6speed

Some of you guys are missing the point.

It is a fact that handsfree cellphone use is a HUGE safety feature, and in some locales there are laws prohibiting handheld cellphone use while driving.

It is also a FACT that many other vehicle manufacturers provided Bluetooth functionality in their 2004 vehicles.

Furthermore, it is a FACT that the CPT9000 phone is a aged relic (Motorola has not been manufacturing v60 based phones for some time, and there is little to no support for them).

One must ask why BMW forces its customers to purchase dead technology at ridiculously high prices when the phone/format has been abandoned even by the manufacturer.

BMW should have a reasonable Bluetooth fix for their customers....PERIOD. Many BMW customers require these higher tech phones for their businesses and have been left out in the cold by BMW. Given the importance that handsfree cellphone technology has in these times, it is SHAMEFUL that BMW has not made this a priority and continues to ignore the very real needs of its customers...

Quick Reply: Possible class action