Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Possible class action

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 03:08 PM
Senior Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Jan 2 2005, 10:10 AM
Why do we hate big business so much??
[snapback]74646[/snapback]
We don't hate big businesses, just irresponsible ones!

Like all good conservatives preaching the mantra "take responsibility for yourself, make good decisions, be a good citizen, take care of your family, etc, ad nauseum...well, corporations (a fictional legal being) should do the same...then most lawsuits would disappear.

The US is a nation of laws. Citizens right to sue should not be limited unless corporations right to profit should be limited as well. You can't have it both ways.

Sabe?
Old 01-02-2005, 04:36 PM
Members

My Ride: 2004 545i 6speed

Originally Posted by Jimbo' date='Jan 2 2005, 06:08 PM
[quote name='Hormazd' date='Jan 2 2005, 10:10 AM']
Why do we hate big business so much???
[snapback]74646[/snapback]

Like all good conservatives preaching the mantra "take responsibility for yourself, make good decisions, be a good citizen, take care of your family, etc, ad nauseum...well, corporations (a fictional legal being) should do the same...then most lawsuits would disappear.

The US is a nation of laws. Citizens right to sue should not be limited unless corporations right to profit should be limited as well. You can't have it both ways.

Sabe?
[snapback]74790[/snapback]
[/quote]

Si, Si, Si.

Debemos ser realistas !!!
Old 01-02-2005, 04:58 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by jksanford' date='Jan 2 2005, 03:17 PM
I didn't check that the air conditioning worked, or the CD player!

I got a bluetooth card handed to me during delivery, and the dealership said that the bluetooth would work during a software upgrade.?

I know its stuiped to assume, but darn it!? I usually stay away from the class action stuff, but I'm pissed, and may be a part of this one.

Just my .02

James
[snapback]74757[/snapback]
James, I can't remember but I believe you are the one with the March production car. I really don't know what to tell you except I would be disappointed too. I have read many posts on this forum about dealers that are clueless about the software and TCUs in these cars and continue to mis-inform their customers. I would like to blame BMW for not educating and informing the dealer base. Unfortunately I know that they send bulletins, software, video tapes etc every month to the dealer. but not all of them bother to open them and educate their SAs and mechanics. I still think your car is BT compatible and your dealer is clueless.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:18 PM
Contributors

My Ride: 2004 545i 6 spd Sports Package | NAV | PDC | Logic 7 | BT retrofit | SW V13.3

Originally Posted by Jimbo' date='Jan 2 2005, 01:47 AM
BMW is responsible for the problem since the product came out of their factory.
[snapback]74574[/snapback]
What problem? Its a bummer for you guys, I agree, but there is no way they will change your TCU or CCC or MASK or whatever it is so that you can have have a feature that you never purchased. I am sorry that your saleman lied to you. But thats what they do. If he told you that your car had 600hp would you have sued over that?

Originally Posted by Gizmo' date='Jan 2 2005, 04:46 PM
Some of you guys are missing the point.

[snapback]74785[/snapback]
What point are we missing? They have delivered. They never promised BT for MY2004 but worked on a solution and made it available. The presence of a BT pass card is not a representation that the car was going to have Bluetooth.

Look guys, I know I am one of the lucky ones to get the BT retofit. BUT I needed a handsfree solution and if it wasn't for the pharding post, I would have just got the CPT9000. The reception, coverage and voice quality of the V60 excellent. you cannot sue a car company because they are not giving you color screen or a camera with the optional phone that they offer.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:26 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Jimbo' date='Jan 2 2005, 05:08 PM
No, you hate big business. You hate the insurance companies, the pharmaceuticals, the auto manufactures, the oil companies, Microsoft and the current government.
Then you drive a BMW and Corvette.
Old 01-02-2005, 05:37 PM
Contributors

Old 01-02-2005, 06:43 PM
Contributors

Originally Posted by Gizmo' date='Jan 2 2005, 06:46 PM
Some of you guys are missing the point.

It is a fact that handsfree cellphone use is a HUGE safety feature, and in some locales there are laws prohibiting handheld cellphone use while driving.

It is also a FACT that many other vehicle manufacturers provided Bluetooth functionality in their 2004 vehicles.

Furthermore, it is a FACT that the CPT9000 phone is a aged relic (Motorola has not been manufacturing v60 based phones for some time, and there is little to no support for them).

One must ask why BMW forces its customers to purchase dead technology at ridiculously high prices when the phone/format has been abandoned even by the manufacturer.

BMW should have a reasonable Bluetooth fix for their customers....PERIOD. Many BMW customers require these higher tech phones for their businesses and have been left out in the cold by BMW. Given the importance that handsfree cellphone technology has in these times, it is SHAMEFUL that BMW has not made this a priority and continues to ignore the very real needs of its customers...
[snapback]74785[/snapback]
Hard to argue with...
Old 01-03-2005, 05:54 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by Hormazd' date='Jan 2 2005, 07:26 PM
[quote name='Jimbo' date='Jan 2 2005, 05:08 PM']We don't hate big businesses, just irresponsible ones!
No, you hate big business. You hate the insurance companies, the pharmaceuticals, the auto manufactures, the oil companies, Microsoft and the current government.
[snapback]74849[/snapback]
[/quote]

Did you miss the word "irresponsible" in my post? Maybe I can replace that word with arrogant, greedy, facist, and a slew of other adjectives.

I love companies that make money.,take care of their customers/employees through fair dealings and good public/enviromental policies.
Old 01-03-2005, 05:59 AM
Senior Members

Originally Posted by EBMCS03' date='Jan 2 2005, 01:56 AM
But this isnt the same thing. No one got hurt...?
[snapback]74579[/snapback]
My pocket book got hurt. I would have put off ordering my car if blue tooth wasn't working. I was induced to enter a financial transaction through false statements. Any D.A. can tell you what that is.

Everyone else, please stop telling me I hate businesses. I wasn't able to retire at 48 because of my good looks!
Old 01-03-2005, 06:12 AM
Contributors

My Ride: E90 M3
Model Year: 2011

Good looks?? Just kidding Jimbo. But I have too agree w/ Hormazd. The issue is not BMW lying/deceiving/defrauding, it is your local dealer. The sales material I was given never mentioned BT and my salesman was fairly knowledgeable about the car never gave me some line of BS about BT being available.

Quick Reply: Possible class action