Bluetooth & Cell Phone Forum Have a bluetooth or mobile/cellular phone issue or question? Your answer will be here!

Pairing 2005 530 and Motorola MOTOKRZR K1

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2008, 07:01 PM
Members

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a new MOTOKRZR K1 today hoping it would pair up with my 530 which already has a Motorola V600 which works great except that the phone's battery will only stay charged for a few days because of my driving habit (short trips).

So planning for the future and my other BT less Z3 etc. I upgraded to a Blue Tooth phone. Then comes pairing which ought to be simple. And it would have been except I didn't know how to ENTER THE PASSKEY! I could enter it but didn't know what to do to ENTER. Finally found it on this forum: Got to the BMW BT menu which says "pair in this window" or words to that effect. YOu then enter the four digit passkey (I got this in the first install from the tech). Then you ENTER IT IN BY PULLING THE IDRIVE TO 6 O'CLOCK AND PRESSING DOWN. Then you press down again when the "Confirm Passkey" lights up. So simple but I missed the critical step.

Thanks CANADABAT!

P.S. Everything (the hands-free functions) so far works like a champ. Phone list and all. Since I always carry my CF in my pocket, whenever I crank up the car it connects even if the original Motorola V600 built-in has drained and turned itself off. I also set the priority in the menu to try the V600 first in case it's turned on. It has a better xmtr and antenna. Maybe a preamp too.